08-02-2009, 10:23 AM #1

Starmate shutting off .....

I have an old Starmate that was working fine but now when I hit a bump in the road or someone closes the door it shuts off. Sometimes comes back on, sometimes I have to turn or twist the power cable connecting to the radio. Use the radio in two cars and it happens to both.

Do I need to open the unit up to see if the power connection is bad? Can I open the radio up? Have you seen similar complaints about old Starmates?

Thanks for any help you can offer,
    Howard

Enthusiast
    08-03-2009, 11:58 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan View Post
    Do I need to open the unit up to see if the power connection is bad? Can I open the radio up? Have you seen similar complaints about old Starmates?
    The problem you are having is very common and sounds like it relates to the power connection inside of the radio. It can be repaired, I'm just not sure at what level you are capable of doing this. We do have a repair guy who can fix these issues. Just PM me and I will give you his information and what to do.

12-07-2009, 12:26 PM #3

Receiver shuts off

Hi my receiver keeps shutting off every time i go over a small bump in the road? Were u able to resolve this? Can u offer any suggestions?
    Thx,

Enthusiast
    12-08-2009, 02:17 PM #4
    I replied to the PM you left me.