Page 1 of 2 12
    07-18-2009, 07:12 AM #1

Another Sirius UPGRADE is ignored by media....

Well I guess It figures, but Sirius just got ANOTHER upgrade that quietly flew under the radar again. It didn't appear in the Yahoo news headlines section and none of the media outlets on tv picked it up either of course. <sigh>

Sirius is the Rodney Dangerfield of stocks. No respect.

Anyway, it was a nice upgrade:

Gabelli & Co is issuing a new Buy rating on SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (Nasdaq: SIRI), saying while still speculative, they believe Sirius XM now represents an attractive equity investment. The firm said the company has no significant debt maturities until 2013, positive free cash flow and the implicit backing of Liberty Media (Nasdaq: LCAPA).

link:

http://www.streetinsider.com/New+Coverag...

Mentor
    07-18-2009, 03:38 PM #2
    Never been a big fan of a buy rating on my stock Im holding. Only helps when Im trying to sell it usually. No where to go but down now(rating). If there is no pop, a longer term effectiveness is now necessary, but will be felt eventually, as long as that buy rating holds.

07-18-2009, 09:36 PM #3
    I guess the ONLY upgrade that is EVER going to move this stock is from the evil empire themselves...yup....Goldman Sachs.

Do they control everything now? Our government included?

Help me Jeebus! :-P

Mentor
    07-19-2009, 08:46 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    I guess the ONLY upgrade that is EVER going to move this stock is from the evil empire themselves...yup....Goldman Sachs.

What historically significance has a buy rating by GS done for this stock?

07-20-2009, 07:42 AM #5
    I'm just saying that since ALL other upgrades and buy ratings are being ignored. It seems like Wall Street is waiting to see what the evil empire will do before they really move this stock back up.

Do you really think a BUY recommendation and upgrade from GS would have no affect on Sirius right now? They are universally believed to be the ones who orchestrated the huge decline of Sirius starting with Weinkes last year with his .25 cent rating after the merger that at first everyone laughed at.

If Goldman Sachs did a 180 on Sirius and started pumping it, it would MOVE for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE and rather prefer that Sirius move UP despite what GS does. It'd be SO sweet to have GS go on bashing Sirius and see Sirius break out and blast thru $1 all on it's own. I HOPE that happens. It'd be great to rub it in Goldman's face.

All I'm saying is that if Goldman IS really accumulating like some are saying, and IF they turn around and start pumping Sirius....I won't be upset either. The more the merrier. I just want to see Sirius break this downward trend and get back to pre merger levels again. How it gets there(except for a RS) I don't really care.

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 08:49 AM #6
    I'm just saying that since ALL other upgrades and buy ratings are being ignored. It seems like Wall Street is waiting to see what the evil empire will do before they really move this stock back up.

Do you really think a BUY recommendation and upgrade from GS would have no affect on Sirius right now? They are universally believed to be the ones who orchestrated the huge decline of Sirius starting with Weinkes last year with his .25 cent rating after the merger that at first everyone laughed at.

If Goldman Sachs did a 180 on Sirius and started pumping it, it would MOVE for sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE and rather prefer that Sirius move UP despite what GS does. It'd be SO sweet to have GS go on bashing Sirius and see Sirius break out and blast thru $1 all on it's own. I HOPE that happens. It'd be great to rub it in Goldman's face.

All I'm saying is that if Goldman IS really accumulating like some are saying, and IF they turn around and start pumping Sirius....I won't be upset either. The more the merrier. I just want to see Sirius break this downward trend and get back to pre merger levels again. How it gets there(except for a RS) I don't really care.
    Im not necessarily doubting that, I was actually just curious if you knew. LOL I think it would move , sure.

Addict
    07-20-2009, 09:03 AM #7

What did you expect ?

This company is losing money ! It has lost money forever ! It has not posted a single green quarter since the French revolution !

The only upgrade that will move this stock is whenever its balance sheet is cleaned !!! And no, not with a simple duster (Liberty) but with acid !!!

I have been saying this for a year in this forum but evidently no one listens.

GS ? yeah they manipulate losers. If siri was making money, any money !, we would have another story.

ps: Perception alone will no longer help this stock price rise, like in the past !

Addict
    07-20-2009, 09:06 AM #8

Evidently you are not an accountant and think Wall Street is all about perception. You have 5 % of the formula correct.

I guarantee that if Sirius beats earnings, it will pop and will come down below 0.50 if those earnings are below 0.

Addict
    07-20-2009, 09:09 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Im not necessarily doubting that, I was actually just curious if you knew. LOL I think it would move , sure.
    No it won't. GS accumalating ? Ha ! I am sure they are trading.

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 09:40 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    No it won't. GS accumalating ? Ha ! I am sure they are trading.
    Of course they are trading. Whos saying they arent? HA!!!

Page 1 of 2 12