Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Cant find a mirge review

  1. #1
    Michigan07 is offline
    Junior Member
    Michigan07's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Jenison, MI Posts: 12

    Cant find a mirge review

    i cant find a review or a video of anyone anywhere doing a review of the new mirge. i really want to buy it but i need to here more so if someone that owns one tell me about it or lead me to a link..... and can someone compare it to the SPORTSTER 5... sportster 5 has 1h 21m of pause time for howard cahnnels and 1h 10m for music channels so if you have mirge let me know the pause time for that thanks

  2. #2
    denb45 is offline
    Enthusiast
    denb45's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: Albuquerque, NM Posts: 181
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan07 View Post
    i cant find a review or a video of anyone anywhere doing a review of the new mirge. i really want to buy it but i need to here more so if someone that owns one tell me about it or lead me to a link..... and can someone compare it to the SPORTSTER 5... sportster 5 has 1h 21m of pause time for howard cahnnels and 1h 10m for music channels so if you have mirge let me know the pause time for that thanks
    I have one, also have a Sportster 5, what would you like to know? it's the same as the XpressRC by XM, but it has both services, also can use all XpressRC accessories, I like the big Color Screen it has, the sound quality on the Sirius side in much better than on the XM side of this radio, I don't know why tho, it's a much better radio than the Sportster 5 , but that's just my opinion, you can also pause and replay the MiRGE radio too, if that's what you wanted to know? but it's only available thur XMs website to purchase, and you can only activate it with Sirius only with a All-in-one-plan.....strange I know, but XM only sells it.........it cost me $129 + Tax due to being a XM subscriber already, if you are not a subscriber at all , it cost $159 +Tax.....that's if XM still has that promo price, they did a week ago http://shop.xmradio.com/xm/ctl10600/...si4025716/cl1/

    XM doesn't have the MiRGE home dock, but you can get the XPressRC one . it will work, but the home antenna will only work with XM and not Sirius, also you need the interoperable MIRGE antenna, if you want it to work with both services, now that one works, but others , not so well

    Is the MIRGE worth it....YES if you like both services, but if you only like Sirius, your better off just keeping your Sportster 5..and edited to add......if you like XM only your better off just buying an XM XpressRC, and not the MIRGE........but like I stated above....to me the sound on the SRI-side sounds better to me, on the XM-side it's sounds kinda flat, like my XMP3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by denb45; 07-31-2009 at 08:04 PM.

  3. #3
    Michigan07 is offline
    Junior Member
    Michigan07's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Jenison, MI Posts: 12

    thanks

    thanks for the help.. i have sirius and i wanted to get basbeall and the mirge gives me that.... my only problem is i have the subx1 boombox and it obviously wont work with mirge and i dont feel like spending another 100$ on a boombox.

    Also if you could do me a favor and go to howard 100 or 101 and pause it and see how long itll pause before playing. i like to turn channel on and go somewhere and then i get back and boom no commercials. like i said before how 100 and 101 is roughly 1h 20 min and music is 1h 10m. so if you could find out i would APPRECIATE IT. thanks

  4. #4
    denb45 is offline
    Enthusiast
    denb45's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: Albuquerque, NM Posts: 181
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan07 View Post
    thanks for the help.. i have sirius and i wanted to get basbeall and the mirge gives me that.... my only problem is i have the subx1 boombox and it obviously wont work with mirge and i dont feel like spending another 100$ on a boombox.

    Also if you could do me a favor and go to howard 100 or 101 and pause it and see how long itll pause before playing. i like to turn channel on and go somewhere and then i get back and boom no commercials. like i said before how 100 and 101 is roughly 1h 20 min and music is 1h 10m. so if you could find out i would APPRECIATE IT. thanks
    It will Pause whatever it's on for as long as you want it to, if that's what you mean? all XPressRCs, MiRGE, Sportster 5, and a few others all have this feature......why buy another boombox, just put it in your input jack on your PCs sound card, or Aux-in on your Home Sound System........you don't even need a Home Dock for this, the Car kit's dock will work the same way......
    Last edited by denb45; 08-06-2009 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Michigan07 is offline
    Junior Member
    Michigan07's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Jenison, MI Posts: 12

    hey

    i think your misunderstanding me. when you pause a station a white bar(w/e color) will show up and a little diamond will appear all the way to the right and slowly after time it will go to the end.... so how long until it hits the end and automatically starts playing like i said sportster 5 is 1h 20..... and please elaberate more on the input and conccet it to the????? i only listen in my room with a boombox no car or pc thanks

  6. #6
    denb45 is offline
    Enthusiast
    denb45's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: Albuquerque, NM Posts: 181
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan07 View Post
    i think your misunderstanding me. when you pause a station a white bar(w/e color) will show up and a little diamond will appear all the way to the right and slowly after time it will go to the end.... so how long until it hits the end and automatically starts playing like i said sportster 5 is 1h 20..... and please elaberate more on the input and conccet it to the????? i only listen in my room with a boombox no car or pc thanks
    Oh, Ok, I understand now, when I push the pause button, I was listening to Opie & Anthony this morning, and it does the same thing the Sportster 5 does(1h 20) is what I got it to do.......when I said you didn't need a boombox to listen to your SATRAD, what I meant was, you can take the out-put-audio form the home dock and use the supplied RCA cable form the dock, and plug that into your home sound system, are desktop PCs sound card, to hear your SATRAD...

    You don't need a boombox, and a home dock is a lot cheaper than a boombox, it comes with everything you need here's what will work with the MiRGE: http://www.tss-radio.com/universal-x...it-p-6273.html this is the only boombox that will work with the MiRGE: http://www.tss-radio.com/compact-sou...em-p-6313.html, the home dock is a lot cheaper than the boombox, as you can see above, I have my MiRGE hooked up to my PCs Sound Card, and it sounds GREAT, so NO Boombox is required.......if I'm being too technical for you maybe someone else will chime in and explain this better.........MATT where are you? can you help this guy out here?
    Last edited by denb45; 08-07-2009 at 11:11 AM.

  7. #7
    Michigan07 is offline
    Junior Member
    Michigan07's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Jenison, MI Posts: 12

    ok

    i re read your previous statement and i get it know. I think i was smokin rocks or something last night. you meant a home dock unit essentially idk i just didnt get it at 1st. i dont have a system in my room so i might as well get the boombox (if i get the mirge)

    well thanks for your help and if you have any other tips, insights etc let me know.

    just to be clear i have sirius and have best of xm package which is 17$ or 18$ month but i read if you get mirge its 20$ 2 3 bucks a motnh isnt a big deal but thats weird for the increase( you have xm how much for you)

    and the boombox you listed above will work with sirius because its an xm product

  8. #8
    denb45 is offline
    Enthusiast
    denb45's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: Albuquerque, NM Posts: 181
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan07 View Post
    i re read your previous statement and i get it know. I think i was smokin rocks or something last night. you meant a home dock unit essentially idk i just didnt get it at 1st. i dont have a system in my room so i might as well get the boombox (if i get the mirge)

    well thanks for your help and if you have any other tips, insights etc let me know.

    just to be clear i have sirius and have best of xm package which is 17$ or 18$ month but i read if you get mirge its 20$ 2 3 bucks a motnh isnt a big deal but thats weird for the increase( you have xm how much for you)

    and the boombox you listed above will work with sirius because its an xm product
    Not true, my MiRGE all-in-one-package cost me about $17.99 a month, due to already having another Sirius radio (Sportster 5, I gave that to my nephew) so, it's really not 20 a month, if your already a SXM subscriber, and the MiRGE is only $129 if your a SXM subscriber, there are many discounts just for being a SXM subscriber, that a lot of people aren't aware of
    Last edited by denb45; 08-07-2009 at 11:57 PM.

  9. Ad Fairy Senior Member

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •