Page 2 of 6 1234 ...
    Mentor
    07-29-2009, 11:05 AM #11
    Great. Now Im an Alien(UNA). At least it sounds interesting.

Guru
    07-29-2009, 11:21 AM #12

Sat 5 update

Whats up with our new satellite any updates?

Today is the royalty fee day right? heard anything?

Where do we stand on the iphone app lists now?

Head Honcho
    07-29-2009, 11:48 AM #13

Moritz Article Thread

I am posting a response to Bah Bah regarding the Moritz articcle here, where discussion is more appropriate:

Bah Bah says:

"Do you guys all wear tin-foil beanies and scan the skies for black helicopters?

It is quite possible for people to criticize SIRI because of its poor management, debt and inability to turn a profit.

Moritz points out the debt load and current deficit for SIRI and you guys simply gloss over it.

The fact that Mr. Savery doesn’t understand the effect that actually turning a profit would have on share price, given the current debt load, is an indicator of POOR analysis.

Moritz is CORRECT!"

Response:

1. No conspiracy theoryt from me in the piece. the piece laid out facts, and identified what I feel are several errors in the thought process of Moritz. You are defending him, so please give us the logic in what Moritz wrote by discussing his stance.

2. Do you believe it is correct to take the sub loss in Q1 and simply annualize it? That is what Moritz did. He took a sub loss of 400k and multiplied it by 4. That is utter foolishness for anyone who has followed this equity for any length of time.

3. Do you believe that the accumulated deficit of $9.46 Billion has anything to do with Moritz's concerns? The fact is that the company owes $3 Billion and change. Moritz is concerned with $6 Billion dollars that he does not need to be concerned with. It is the current and future debt that we need to think about. Only $3 billion and change of the accumulated debt is a concern.

4. Do you think it makes sence to look at Liberty as simply a debt holder? Wouldn't it be prudent to understand the equity stake that Liberty has as well? Do you think Liberty is going to want their equity investment to fail? The potential profit on their debt is pretty well capped, whereas they have a much bigger potential on their equity stake. Because of that, Liberty has every reason to want Sirius XM to remain a going concern.

5. You say that Moritz points out thedebt load. he did nothing of the sort. Please show me where you feel he pointed out the debt load. You wont be able to, because he didn't do it. Instead he pointed out what can only be called a virtually meaningless metric in tems of his thought process of his piece.

6. I do understand what turning a profit means. I do understand the debt load. I do understand that the debt load is far more manageable now than it was only 6 months ago. I also understand that when this company turns a profit, that it will be TAX FREE.

7. You say I have POOR ANALYSIS, I challenge you to point out point by point where I am off base, and back it up. Are you up to doing that?

If people want to criticize the company that is fine. There are many things people can be critical of. BUT...being critical with bad information is not the right path to be on.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    07-29-2009, 12:31 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Hello and good morning. I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Paul; I'm 59 years old; run my own small business; live 35 miles west of Atlanta; and have been investing in SIRI over the past 6 months (hold 73K shares). Looking forward to contributing and interacting.
    Best regards,
    Paul
    Welcome Paul. Glad to have you here
    Tyler Savery

Enthusiast
    07-29-2009, 12:56 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Welcome Paul. Glad to have you here
    Thank you Tyler. Looking forward to getting to know you. Just googled you and was able to read some of your articles and opinions, including your Sirius XM Q2 2009 Preview. You're on my "watch" list..

Mentor
    07-29-2009, 01:32 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    I am posting a response to Bah Bah regarding the Moritz articcle here, where discussion is more appropriate:

Bah Bah says:

"Do you guys all wear tin-foil beanies and scan the skies for black helicopters?

It is quite possible for people to criticize SIRI because of its poor management, debt and inability to turn a profit.

Moritz points out the debt load and current deficit for SIRI and you guys simply gloss over it.

The fact that Mr. Savery doesn’t understand the effect that actually turning a profit would have on share price, given the current debt load, is an indicator of POOR analysis.

Moritz is CORRECT!"

Response:

1. No conspiracy theoryt from me in the piece. the piece laid out facts, and identified what I feel are several errors in the thought process of Moritz. You are defending him, so please give us the logic in what Moritz wrote by discussing his stance.

2. Do you believe it is correct to take the sub loss in Q1 and simply annualize it? That is what Moritz did. He took a sub loss of 400k and multiplied it by 4. That is utter foolishness for anyone who has followed this equity for any length of time.

3. Do you believe that the accumulated deficit of $9.46 Billion has anything to do with Moritz's concerns? The fact is that the company owes $3 Billion and change. Moritz is concerned with $6 Billion dollars that he does not need to be concerned with. It is the current and future debt that we need to think about. Only $3 billion and change of the accumulated debt is a concern.

4. Do you think it makes sence to look at Liberty as simply a debt holder? Wouldn't it be prudent to understand the equity stake that Liberty has as well? Do you think Liberty is going to want their equity investment to fail? The potential profit on their debt is pretty well capped, whereas they have a much bigger potential on their equity stake. Because of that, Liberty has every reason to want Sirius XM to remain a going concern.

5. You say that Moritz points out thedebt load. he did nothing of the sort. Please show me where you feel he pointed out the debt load. You wont be able to, because he didn't do it. Instead he pointed out what can only be called a virtually meaningless metric in tems of his thought process of his piece.

6. I do understand what turning a profit means. I do understand the debt load. I do understand that the debt load is far more manageable now than it was only 6 months ago. I also understand that when this company turns a profit, that it will be TAX FREE.

7. You say I have POOR ANALYSIS, I challenge you to point out point by point where I am off base, and back it up. Are you up to doing that?

If people want to criticize the company that is fine. There are many things people can be critical of. BUT...being critical with bad information is not the right path to be on.
    I know Tyler you wrote this for others, not him, and your response is more than he deserves. Cowards dont come into the forum to discuss there points. Taking pot shots from the article post is the most daring they will do. He comes in here, he leaves looking like a fool. I have asked him over 100 times to talk here. He wont do it.

Head Honcho
    07-29-2009, 02:23 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I know Tyler you wrote this for others, not him, and your response is more than he deserves. Cowards dont come into the forum to discuss there points. Taking pot shots from the article post is the most daring they will do. He comes in here, he leaves looking like a fool. I have asked him over 100 times to talk here. He wont do it.
    LOL....

We'll see if he steps up to the plate, but perhaps you are right in your thoughts that he wont step foot over here.
    Tyler Savery

Mentor
    07-29-2009, 02:24 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    see Relmor . . that's why I disagreed with your post of us all being more respectful/civil (lol)

you are undoubtedly at your best when you have a foil . . . fah-fah flunkie gives you your raison d'etre (to the Sloan MIT guy . . sorry, don't know how to get the little "hat sign" over the "e" although not using the hat sign is an accepted variant)

good technique Tyler for getting article-only posters to jump over to the forum threads!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-29-2009 at 02:33 PM.

07-29-2009, 02:35 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Hello and good morning. I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Paul; I'm 59 years old; run my own small business; live 35 miles west of Atlanta; and have been investing in SIRI over the past 6 months (hold 73K shares). Looking forward to contributing and interacting.
    Best regards,
    Paul
    Hi and welcome Paul!

Great having you here. You found a great place to hang out.
    Lots of good people here. Keep posting.

Julie

Addict
    07-29-2009, 04:19 PM #20
    There were a couple of enormous blocks after hours

1.8m

1.9m

anyone have an idea if those are buys or sells ?

Page 2 of 6 1234 ...