Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    Guru
    07-30-2009, 09:01 AM #41
    [QUOTE=julietoo;43801]
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am not taking any sides either but, I tend to agree with him. I bite my tongue all the time... it isn't so much typos that bother me, as I am guilty of it myself when it comes to quick responses on the forums, it is the misuse of words and conjunctions that irk me for some reason... and I personally know people who are bothered by it far more than I... so I tend to believe this guy.

Good Morning,

Before another thread is started I feel I must respond to this. Prior to posting on Sirius Buzz, for several months I continued to lurk.
    I hesitated to begin posting because of exactly what we are addressing
    now, language skills.

I am amazed by the wealth of knowledge that can be found here.
    When I am reading I am not focusing on misspelled words or missing commas,
    I am focusing on the content. And with myself, I feel comfortable enough to interject my thoughts without fear of being ridiculed or judged. I did not realize I was being graded on spelling errors and the misuse of a comma.

With the post count being so low, I am surprised this is even a topic of discussion. It seems to me people should be encouraged to post, not to be
    hesitant because of spelling or language skills.

This took me twice the time I usually spend composing a response to a post.
    Only because I was carefully checking my spelling and my wording. What a
    shame, I could have been adding several more to my post count by not being
    so cautious.

Don't discourage others from posting because of YOUR, (not you're) issues.

Julie

I always take Blah blahs posts and paste them into microsoft word for analysis.

07-30-2009, 09:20 AM #42
    I agree,,,,,,,

In day to day life, the improper usage of our language drives me nuts and proves ignorance.

HOWEVER, Relmor IS NOT ignorant and I'm not here to admire someone's vocabulary................If every thought & post were carefully edited by the poster, we would never get to read what's on the mind of people like Relmor who have a lot to share concerning SIRI.

SO, Rel, you can post backwards and upside down for all I care........I want to read everything you've got to say............

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am not taking any sides either but, I tend to agree with him. I bite my tongue all the time... it isn't so much typos that bother me, as I am guilty of it myself when it comes to quick responses on the forums, it is the misuse of words and conjunctions that irk me for some reason... and I personally know people who are bothered by it far more than I... so I tend to believe this guy.

Personally I think that proper use of the English language is important as all hell and I am often amazed by people who do it so well. As someone with a math/programming type mind, I constantly strive for better vocabulary, since it has never been something in which I have excelled at.

In closing... "yuor" is a typo while "your" vs "you're" is not a typo.

In keeping with a theme this week Jay Severin (who Tyler has mentioned on several occasions) has a command of the English language which I am totally envious of.

07-30-2009, 09:24 AM #43
    BTW,

Tyler, great stuff today........thx

07-30-2009, 09:32 AM #44
    Your both two kind. You're comlemint's make me blush.

Thank you's

Julie

Head Honcho
    07-30-2009, 09:56 AM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    May I suggest you incorporate spell check software into your message boards, to help you with your ailment.
    1. Spelling errors are not my ailment. I get that this place is informal and often people are in a rush.

2. Spell check is built into modern browsers Firefox has been underlining spelling errors in web forms since its earliest releases. I highly recommend it to anyone in the corporate world that has to use web collaboration tools.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    07-30-2009, 10:02 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Actually, my intention to post was to help Bah bah out a little. When he resorts to the "you can't spell argument", I cease to take any thing he has to say from there on out seriously.
    Why? You don't think his stance is believable? I had a neighbor growing up that was crazy about proper grammar, if I asked a question or happened to be talking to her without using proper grammar, she would ignore me until I correctly rephrased. My best friends mother was an English teacher and she was the same way. It was pretty obvious then that it was half game/half serious to help us kids learn but make no mistake about it, it was never a joke to them.

Again, I am not taking sides, all I am saying is that there are people out there that simply will not take other people seriously based on how they speak or type for this matter. What everyone thinks about those kinds of people, is another topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    And I wouldn't discount what he had to say based on that.
    Me neither.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 10:38 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    LOL. Of course. Your right!!!! LOL
    LOL
    AWright,your;ve had enuff of these no non-since pist....
    Jus cus your time is vilable to one's silf,did not mens it wus vilable tis ethers...

Your Wilcome bubba...

Guru
    07-30-2009, 10:56 AM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Welcome to the board Paul,and nice investment in SXM..you'll be rewarded in due time...
    Feel free to post anytime with anything SXM on your mind,i'm sure IMromo and Julie and myself would love to answer or hear any info you might have..
    Rewarded in due time?

I'm losing faith personally. The market is screaming today, and SIRI is languishing. I don't want to hear it always goes in the opposite direction. There are shitty companies loaded with debt and negative earnings that are up 5% today. There is something fundamentally wrong with SIRI. Duh, that's right, they have never turned a profit, ever. I suppose that would scare investors.

Guru
    07-30-2009, 11:26 AM #49
    I read this thread today. Amusing yet informative. And I see both sides. On the macroscopic side, SIRI hasn't made a penny, and is debt laden. On the microscopic side, facts should support comments, and I lean toward Tyler's agrument.

My pet peeve - loosing subsciptions. I hate loose subscriptions.

Mentor
    07-30-2009, 11:42 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    AWright,your;ve had enuff of these no non-since pist....
    Jus cus your time is vilable to one's silf,did not mens it wus vilable tis ethers...

Your Wilcome bubba...
    Funny. And I understood every word. I think this is the post that kills the topic. ONe can only hope anyway.
    My dad was that guy Charlie. He CONSTANTLY correct my grammer and word usage. Some people are like that. That is true. To those people, I say get over it. LOL
    LOL
    I have an english degree. I did my time writing perfect sentences. When you have to write an original 50 page paper pounding out a few posts a day isnt my idea of the time or place to worry about such things(grammer and spelling). But I definately know people who would disagree with me.

And yes blah blah, I know how to use your, you're thank you. I just dont care. Why I dont use apostrophies in my sentences. Dont bother wasting the time to.

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456