Page 2 of 2 12
    Addict
    07-28-2009, 12:42 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    looks like the market is finally digesting the news that the exclusive radio broadcast of the National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on Sunday, July 26, 2009 was on MLB Home Plate on SXM... as we spike to .4295
    That is... completely irrelevant.

07-28-2009, 05:55 PM #12

Insider Trading

The amount of insider selling in the past few weeks is making me a bit nervous.

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 06:25 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSiriusOwner View Post

No need to worry . . these were merely options that were recently granted in place of paying hard-cash bonuses and subsequently exercised by individual employees of the company . . not a true barometer of insider sentiment . .

however, the cost of the options will be "expensed" in the Company's income statement at the time they are exercised . . so there will be some residual effect to the bottom line earnings in Q2

The exact cost to be expensed in Q2 could be ascertained by going back through the various filings . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-28-2009 at 06:30 PM.

07-28-2009, 06:27 PM #14
    wow this place is a ghost town these days...

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:28 PM #15
    Romo

Just wanted to say thanks for the XMP3 comments a few months back...Have been using mine for about 2 months now...mainly in my car...absolutely love it...Now...if I could just get it to record when it is on the docking station...poor signal...no good window with southern exposure...Hope new sat will solve this issue.

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:46 PM #16
    Glad to hear it.

Where is your docking station located? Mine is in the North Bedroom and I get full bars with my antenae on my dresser getting the signal through my ceiling attic and roof including shingles.

Let me know if you have any questions anytime.

oh, and the new satellite is a Sirius satellite not an XM one so it won't help us any.

Mentor
    07-29-2009, 05:35 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    this is what i think is going to matter, we are going to miss the analysts estimates (again)

i don't see how we are going to hold .42 after that, any thoughts why we would go up after a "negative surprise"?

it wont be about holding .42. the question is can we hold .50-.55. thats where im expecting the price to hit going into the CC. takedown after unless mel gives ridiculous guidance (which is wishful thinking and highly improbable).

the big question is are we gonna be able to hold gains? if we can , $1 will come sooner than we all expect. if we dont hold gains (which is more probable) we wont see $1 till at least sometime during the Q4. maybe even during Q1. and we should range the 40's (not betting it wont hit 30's either) with the occasional spikes till the next CC... the Q2 CC will not be a total bust. there will be some healthy positives coming out of it. my concern is guidance. thats where the street prices in the stock. if all that comes out of guidance is ebitda .then we are going down for sure. the street wants to hear about future subs, FCF+, when is profit coming, etc. if mel can forecast those metrics, then it will turn into a buying frenzy. but like i said that is wishful thinking. im guessing our current Q will see FCF+ with all the extra revenue . but what do i know?

irish , whatta think?

Mentor
    07-29-2009, 05:46 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    it wont be about holding .42. the question is can we hold .50-.55. thats where im expecting the price to hit going into the CC. takedown after unless mel gives ridiculous guidance (which is wishful thinking and highly improbable).

the big question is are we gonna be able to hold gains? if we can , $1 will come sooner than we all expect. if we dont hold gains (which is more probable) we wont see $1 till at least sometime during the Q4. maybe even during Q1. and we should range the 40's (not betting it wont hit 30's either) with the occasional spikes till the next CC... the Q2 CC will not be a total bust. there will be some healthy positives coming out of it. my concern is guidance. thats where the street prices in the stock. if all that comes out of guidance is ebitda .then we are going down for sure. the street wants to hear about future subs, FCF+, when is profit coming, etc. if mel can forecast those metrics, then it will turn into a buying frenzy. but like i said that is wishful thinking. im guessing our current Q will see FCF+ with all the extra revenue . but what do i know?

irish , whatta think?
    Your Dead on in my estimation Bassmaster.Guidance is KEY here going forward for SP..

IMHO,if we are not FCF+ this Quarter,we are in trouble...of course there will be adjustments,refi deal and stock incentive plan costs of roughly 43.mil,which is minus (.013),also the street estimate...The wild card is Self pay sub loss,which is Rev loss off of FCF bottom line,if like last Quarter we are ok,but if worse,look out for SP and neg Media right down to .30's again.

With first full quarter of Best of,on-line feed and Family plan rev sources,we should see FCF of 38mil to 60mil conservatively positive if Subs are not bad and churn goes down from 1Q...this would give positive earnings of .01 EPS before any unforseen adjustments...

Mentor
    07-29-2009, 11:03 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSiriusOwner View Post
    Then you should sell. I would sell if that makes you nervous. Definately. Means you dont understand the stock you own. I never try to own stocks I dont understand. Get a good price today. You should sell. In my opinion of course.

Page 2 of 2 12