Page 2 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    07-27-2009, 09:32 AM #11
    Romo,that is for not having and extra required Independent board member after 1 of them quit to take a post in Obama's Budget office,SXM filed it and Nasdaq sent it to them,SM has till next Annual meeting to rectify it..
    No Big deal...

But nasdaq is reinstituting delisting criteria as of 8-03-09,so SXM has until 9-03-09 to reach $1 sp or face a delisting letter,then would have 180 days to come into compliance..

Mentor
    07-27-2009, 09:42 AM #12
    IMromo,welcome back also,missed you,hope you are refreshed and had a great Vacay.

Guru
    07-27-2009, 09:46 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post

Big Ben
    Who is fin psyched for football season?
    Me! I just watched the replay of the Chargers Steelers Playoff game yesterday on NFL network....got me f-in psyched! Lets Go already!

Romo,that is for not having and extra required Independent board member after 1 of them quit to take a post in Obama's Budget office,SXM filed it and Nasdaq sent it to them,SM has till next Annual meeting to rectify it..
    No Big deal...
    K, surprised they put that up there for that, but 8-3-09 isn't far off anyway to get the real "note", wait I see now, the note would come 9-3-09, ok.

ps. A friend of ours just bought 2 new cars with the cash for clunkers deal.

Mentor
    07-27-2009, 09:46 AM #14
    Here is some actionable advise.....sell siri .4190 buy order .3905. I am also shorting the dow DOG, triple short on the financials FAZ, and also shorting China FXP. These stocks have taken a beating on the recent bull market, which I believe to be a bear market rally. The banks are borrowing money at 0% and lending it out at 6% or higher, not real hard to show a profit on that split. IMVHO the system is broken. An entire generation of investors have walked away and might never get back in. The housing debacle is nowhere near over and this was one of the big contributors of this mess we are in. I know that to be a fact (I run a Mortgage Servicing Company...ie bad guy for the banks, the prior bullshit is just my opinion.) I would shave my position on just about anything I have a gain in. The analysts who keep reporting "better than expected results" need to be take back to the farm to heard their cattle. Put the bar low enough and a squirrel could jump over it. Don't believe the hype! For example Ford which I love, loss a shit load of money in the past quarter but hey they are getting it right on the balance sheet.....bull shit....these car companies are losing market share everyday. Without HELOC loans most Americans will never get back to the rate of spending they were up to in the past few years....(wordy) As for MB, SC..one of the slowest seasons I have ever seen since 1999...my barometer is golf courses, restaurants, ICW, marinas, boat dealerships. Things are bad and not getting better anytime soon. Good Luck DYODD...I would not have posted this if I was not putting money/cheddar behind it.

Big Ben
    Hey Big Ben,in the middle of making my plans for MB in October.Heard the top golf courses are giving huge discounts for tee times 1-3 days in advance,any info on that..the prices have come down about 10% from last year but heard of some crazy deals if you wait it out and are flexible,which we are..
    Any tips would be appreciated,these are the courses we want to play:

Calidonia
    TPC
    World tour
    Heather Glenn

Guru
    07-27-2009, 09:48 AM #15
    yes quite refreshed, I must totally recommend taking a vacation in the summer...normally when I vaca its in the winter and when I get back its frickin cold and dry (michigan) and depressing right away, coming back to warm and sunny (michigan) is wayyyyy better.

Guru
    07-27-2009, 09:54 AM #16
    Here is some actionable advise.....sell siri .4190 buy order .3905. I am also shorting the dow DOG, triple short on the financials FAZ, and also shorting China FXP. These stocks have taken a beating on the recent bull market, which I believe to be a bear market rally. The banks are borrowing money at 0% and lending it out at 6% or higher, not real hard to show a profit on that split. IMVHO the system is broken. An entire generation of investors have walked away and might never get back in. The housing debacle is nowhere near over and this was one of the big contributors of this mess we are in. I know that to be a fact (I run a Mortgage Servicing Company...ie bad guy for the banks, the prior bullshit is just my opinion.) I would shave my position on just about anything I have a gain in. The analysts who keep reporting "better than expected results" need to be take back to the farm to heard their cattle. Put the bar low enough and a squirrel could jump over it. Don't believe the hype! For example Ford which I love, loss a shit load of money in the past quarter but hey they are getting it right on the balance sheet.....bull shit....these car companies are losing market share everyday. Without HELOC loans most Americans will never get back to the rate of spending they were up to in the past few years....(wordy) As for MB, SC..one of the slowest seasons I have ever seen since 1999...my barometer is golf courses, restaurants, ICW, marinas, boat dealerships. Things are bad and not getting better anytime soon. Good Luck DYODD...I would not have posted this if I was not putting money/cheddar behind it.

Big Ben
    Ben,

That is the truest and most sensible post that I have read on here about the economy. No wonder why you do so well trading. Kudos.

Bill

Mentor
    07-27-2009, 09:56 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    When did this happen:
    its old news. About there not having enough directors.

07-27-2009, 11:21 AM #18
    Yes, a couple weeks ago. When Sirius reported the resignation of the director leaving to work in the Obama administration. Sirius was required to release that they were "deficient" -- and NASDAQ now lists them as such. Sirius by rule, has until next year to correct the deficiency.

But then, they'll also be deficient in mid-September when the minimum bid rule hits the 30-day mark for them. So they'll be deficient in 2 areas.

-----

Mentor
    07-27-2009, 11:28 AM #19
    Hey Homer,glad to see you posting,where you been? LOL
    Missed you around here,as john is lacking in correct info,,well a small percentage of the time,and i'm not as accurate as you,or ever hope to be,so hope to see you around the 6th for CC...

07-27-2009, 01:17 PM #20

Big Ben
    I had already sold 2 positions I had a profit in and bought the QID ultra short this morning. I'm looking for a pullback in the overall market / nasdaq especially after this big run. On a note with SIRI my plan is to buy 50,000 more shares after the earnings report sell off that I expect. my first interest payment on my Sirius bonds pay Aug 1st so I'm happy about that. Not to mention I have a 30% gain in the value of the bonds themselves now.

Page 2 of 4 1234