Page 9 of 77 ... 78910111959 ...
    Mentor
    07-28-2009, 04:11 AM #81
    Time for the middle of the night report -

I see that NASDAQ 100 INDEX (E-MINI) Sep 2009 (CME:NQ.U09.E) futures contracts are running right at the 1600 level - currently - ha! currently 1600 thats 5 sessions in a row (note not 5 days). S&P 500 INDEX (E-MINI) Sep 2009 (CME:ES.U09.E) contracts still hugging 980. Parabolic moves are flattening - so there could be another decision coming up.

Tomorrow morning we have
    9:00 AM S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index
    10:00 AM Consumer Confidence

MTH Meritage homes, reported badly AMC, and its right at price resistance.
    We'll see how it goes.

Asia and Europe are flat. Now I'll try to work on the options biz.

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 04:32 AM #82
    If you're bored, watch these contracts tomorrow:

Enthusiast
    07-28-2009, 06:52 AM #83
    Thanks Bill. $29 a month is not bad, and yes, it is deductible!

07-28-2009, 07:55 AM #84
    Dave,
    Thanks for posting the contracts to watch. Options land is fun territory, leverage close to pennies! I dont know if or when i will be able to trade options but im going to learn as much as possible until then.

07-28-2009, 09:14 AM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    This guy posted on the wheel and he is saying the same thing I have been more or less been saying for a long time. I find it quite interesting:

" At first, the PPS will run like mad just b/c the numbers are out... and at some point what the numbers actually say will play into it. If the numbers are really good, (which I doubt), the PPS can get to .015 IMO. If the numbers are decent, (which I expect), I can see the PPS getting to .0065-.008. It all depends on how much the stock runs before people even say ... "oh wait what do these numbers actually say" lol. Even if the numbers are horrible it will run b/c no one will even know they're horrible at first, and I am not sure if most will know if they are good or bad for a while given that most buying in are doing so on momentum and not expertise to what the numbers even mean.

Since early 2007, I have been a part of several really nice runs with MGLG, and each time it was on a PR that spelled out nothing more than potential in the future lol."
    Bill, with what we read here, I know we've talked exit strategy before but I may not be available to watch the run up as it happens, so I'm thinking of putting a GTC order in incase I can't watch. Would that be wise or will the 3 day rule that I see talked about sometimes play?

I think the first day after #'s will be crazy and it would be anyones guess how high the ceiling will go. The second day is the breaker, will people sell off immediately or will they pause and see if it will reach a second high after an expected short term drop from profit taking. I'm thinking it all depends on how high the first run goes. The higher the first run, the more likely a faster selloff. Just some thoughts, work is really busy so I'm not in the office as much as usual (damn 40hr p/wk shackle).

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:29 AM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    Bill, with what we read here, I know we've talked exit strategy before but I may not be available to watch the run up as it happens, so I'm thinking of putting a GTC order in incase I can't watch. Would that be wise or will the 3 day rule that I see talked about sometimes play?

I think the first day after #'s will be crazy and it would be anyones guess how high the ceiling will go. The second day is the breaker, will people sell off immediately or will they pause and see if it will reach a second high after an expected short term drop from profit taking. I'm thinking it all depends on how high the first run goes. The higher the first run, the more likely a faster selloff. Just some thoughts, work is really busy so I'm not in the office as much as usual (damn 40hr p/wk shackle).
    Geek, I believe that you have it refined down to the exact level that I do. I agree with you 100%. We both know that it will spike. I think the three day rule is one to run on, but I am not sure. It WILL pull back. It is just a question of whether it has the ability to continue up afterwards.

Does anybody else here have any ideas on this??

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:35 AM #87
    NEWS!!!

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA--(Marketwire - 07/28/09) - BioCentric Energy Holdings, Inc. (Pinksheets:BEHL - News) today announced the company's following photobioreactor production updates.

BioCentric President Dennis Fisher today announced the following updates for the production and ALGAE harvesting for the company's onsite closed loop photobioreactor system. "The 1800 square foot bioreactor is now operating in a totally 'Environmentally Green' process as the system is now completely flooded with reclaimed water. The ALGAE from this initial process is expected to be harvested early next week approximately five days ahead of the original estimated schedule, and based on the current flow rate the ALGAE is expected to be harvested twice daily. The current strain being produced is a Scenedesmus dimorphus ALGAE culture type that when harvested is typically used for producing clean burning Jet Fuel and Gasoline."

Mr. Fisher further stated, "BioCentric has had the remarkable opportunity to be a pilot developer in this huge upcoming industry, and since Exxon's announcement last week of the company's allocated $600M ALGAE Research & Development program, we are more confident than ever that our closed loop system technology will be in demand worldwide. As a result of the increased number of inquiries regarding ALGAE production and our closed loop system we are today starting assembly of the second closed loop system at our San Juan Capistrano, California Corporate facility and most of the materials are now onsite to commence production. This system will be producing a Spirulina ALGAE strain which when harvested is primarily developed for use in Nutritional supplements."

Company COO Dennis Shen returns this week from Asia where he was able to negotiate several milestones relating to significant cost savings in the manufacturing of patent pending components for the closed loop photobioreactor system enabling the company to be one of the first manufacturers of commercial size closed loop photobioreactor systems in such a cost effective manner that the NAA (National ALAGE Association) President Barry Cohen described BioCentrics all Green cost effective production system as the Wal-Mart of ALGAE production equipment.

Mr. Shen's trip enabled the company to enter negotiations for a Teaming Agreement with Zhenxing Co, Ltd, a Chinese corporation with offices at Lanhe Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou, China. The purpose of the teaming arrangement is where the parties will jointly develop the Algae Biofuel project in China and leverage the resources in China to design and manufacture certain components for Biocentric's global operations.

Relevant Links & Articles

http://business2press.com/2009/07/14...gy-investment/

www.nationalalgaeassociation.com

www.biocentricenergy.com

www.biocentricenergyalgae.com

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:47 AM #88

Mglg

Magellan Energy Ltd. Issues Additional Information on the Potential for the Lankford Lease

* Press Release
    * Source: Magellan Energy Ltd.
    * On Wednesday July 22, 2009, 1:11 pm EDT

Buzz up!
    * Print

TORONTO--(Marketwire - 07/22/09) - Magellan Energy Ltd. (Pinksheets:MGLG - News) ("Magellan" or "the Company") is pleased to provide shareholders with additional information on its Lankford Lease. The Lankford Lease, comprising of 11 producing wells, is located on the Chattanooga Shale. A recent report on the Chattanooga shale reserve potential (soon to be available on our website) confirms the Company's own due diligence and its subsequent participation in the project with its partner, TMD Energy.

A five county area of Late Devonian Age Chattanooga Shale gas production exists under the Cumberland Plateau. These counties are Scott, Morgan, Fentress, Anderson, and Campbell Counties. The thickness of the Chattanooga Shale under these counties ranges from 30 feet to a known maximum of 828 feet. The natural gas in this reservoir is absorbed onto the surface of organic matter in the Chattanooga black shale. The Chattanooga Shale under the Plateau is in the peak oil phase of thermal maturity and is still generating hydrocarbons.

The Lankford Lease wells are located in Morgan County. Currently, the wells are producing from the Monteagle formation. Monteagle limestone is a Mississippian age formation that is a consistent oil and gas producing formation. Other Monteagle gas wells in the area are still producing commercial quantities of gas after 30 years. The Lankford Lease wells have been drilled to the shale formation and the Company is confident that a significant amount of gas from the formation exists on their lease. The Chattanooga Shale gas reserves under the Cumberland Plateau are substantial and horizontal drilling and re-completion of existing wells will be an important factor in developing them. The Company intends to frac at least two of the wells at the earliest opportunity to increase natural gas production and is considering additional horizontal drilling to maximize long-term gas production from the Chattanooga Shale.

Reserve estimates indicate a conservative gas in place value of 3.198 bcfg/mi.2 for the area under the Cumberland Plateau. These calculations assume a gas content of 20 scf/ton of gas in the Chattanooga Shale. Miller Petroleum, Inc. is in possession of geochemical data that justifies this as a minimal gas in place number.

Miller Petroleum, Inc., KY-TENN Oil, and Knox Energy, LLC are presently developing the natural gas resource on the Cumberland Plateau. There are numerous existing wells on the Cumberland Plateau that can be re-completed as Chattanooga Shale gas wells. The Lankford Lease wells have been drilled to the shale and Magellan believes they are excellent prospects to tap into this reserve.

According to the EIA Annual Energy Outlook 2009, U.S dependence on imported oil is expected to decline over the next 25 years -- due to high prices and limited resources; and natural gas production, led by gas shales, is expected to provide the majority of growth in gas supply. As the economy improves, we should see a marked improvement in the price of natural gas and in the overall value of the Chattanooga Shale gas reserves.

07-28-2009, 10:15 AM #89
    just a reminder?

Guru
    07-28-2009, 10:15 AM #90
    behl is moving pretty good today new high 037 oh boy oh boy

Page 9 of 77 ... 78910111959 ...