Page 19 of 77 ... 917181920212969 ...
    Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:11 PM #181
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Good candle, but look at the spike there...it is very sharp...I would really be prepared if I owned it for tomorrow morning. If it spikes up more I would sell and be prepared for it to fall on its ass. Just my thoughts. What kind of product are they selling?
    Oh yeah, this guy is definately up and down, so I guess its a 2 day rule. They are a booze distributor - I think I posted about them in one of the previous threads... they have contracts with famous people and a kind of booze (sometimes non-booze), ie. Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River (whiskey), Trump Vodka, Newman's Natural Juices. They signed Dr. Dre for a cognac, those were the previous spikes, but it never came to fruition. Then they signed Kid Rock for a beer. It actually debuted at his detroit concert last weekend, so it looks to me like a dump and pump. I just want it off my books.

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:17 PM #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Oh yeah, this guy is definately up and down, so I guess its a 2 day rule. They are a booze distributor - I think I posted about them in one of the previous threads... they have contracts with famous people and a kind of booze (sometimes non-booze), ie. Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River (whiskey), Trump Vodka, Newman's Natural Juices. They signed Dr. Dre for a cognac, those were the previous spikes, but it never came to fruition. Then they signed Kid Rock for a beer. It actually debuted at his detroit concert last weekend, so it looks to me like a dump and pump. I just want it off my books.
    Oh, that is the company that caters to corporate events and such, right? Really, who would want to buy whiskey because Willy Nelson's name is on it? Why not put Janis Joplin's name on it...then you have a product!

07-28-2009, 09:21 PM #183
    Yeah its just TD ameritrades strategy desk. And Bill im not asking for the formula by any means I can take care of that pretty easy, just looking for something in the ballpark of the examples i gave there. "Buy on so 'n' so, sell on this 'r' that". It has most of the popular indiactors and most of the candles. I just tried a "buy on bullish doji, sell on hanging man". It didnt make many trades on the 15,60 or daily interval, but the ones it did were good. Im sure i just need to use a couple more common candles.
    Im thinking of writing a "flipping formula" where it would be dependant on a stock trading in a certain channel for a couple days, then start buying and selling on a one tick basis with a set number of shares.

Addict
    07-28-2009, 09:30 PM #184
    Has anyone else been able to find the PR I from BCLE I posted earlier? If not will someone else with an iPhone pleAse install the free DailyFinance application, search for BCLE, click the news tab, and see if you can find the PR too?
    I'd appreciate it.

Guru
    07-28-2009, 09:32 PM #185
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Yeah its just TD ameritrades strategy desk. And Bill im not asking for the formula by any means I can take care of that pretty easy, just looking for something in the ballpark of the examples i gave there. "Buy on so 'n' so, sell on this 'r' that". It has most of the popular indiactors and most of the candles. I just tried a "buy on bullish doji, sell on hanging man". It didnt make many trades on the 15,60 or daily interval, but the ones it did were good. Im sure i just need to use a couple more common candles.
    Im thinking of writing a "flipping formula" where it would be dependant on a stock trading in a certain channel for a couple days, then start buying and selling on a one tick basis with a set number of shares.
    That would be awesome...Dr. Dave is a programmer, however he doesn't sleep as it is. I don't know how he does it.

A program like you are speaking about would be a terrific tool!

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:35 PM #186
    I think I need a class on how to interpret that. Is there an explanation for the uninitiated?
    It's just a condition that he's trying to seek - that will answer yes or no - ie. is this a bullish doji star. I don't know the exact language, as they differ from software to software, but you can usually deduce it.. .ie. for the first line, it just looks like they want to make sure that the doji is in a downtrend, not an up trend to define the bullishness - ie. the code likely means -

(Bar[High,D,1] + Bar[Low,D,1]) / 2 < ExpMovingAverage[EMA,Close,10,0,D,1] AND

Bar = a candle, or a bar
    High = that bar's high price
    Low = the low price
    D = Daily chart
    1 = probably means the last daily bar, 2 would likely mean the one prior

So -
    "(Bar[High,D,1] + Bar[Low,D,1]) / 2" probably means - take the last daily bar's high and low, add them together and divide by 2 to get the average.

then
    "< ExpMovingAverage[EMA,Close,10,0,D,1]"

is that average less than the EMA, using closes to calc the EMA, looking 10 day's back on the daily starting at the last daily bar. Not sure what the "0" likely is in there.

Then the rest of the condition has to be met - ie. the "AND".

Anyway, good luck with it - I used to go all night trying to come up with those things! Superaddictive.

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:39 PM #187
    That would be awesome...Dr. Dave is a programmer, however he doesn't sleep as it is. I don't know how he does it.

A program like you are speaking about would be a terrific tool!
    People die from playing World of Warcraft and Tour of Duty. I could die from this, so be careful Tree - make sure you eat and sleep.

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:43 PM #188
    Good lord - look at my signature, I'm so sucked in - there's only two stocks in there trading over $10.

Mentor
    07-28-2009, 09:44 PM #189
    and technically, they are both option plays - so that doesn't even count.

07-28-2009, 09:44 PM #190
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Lol. I honestly don't know what's going to happen now. If you read the hub, sentiment there has turned very negative. Even people who said they were longs last week are bashing it this week. Not the strongest position to be in.

I knew yesterday that it would continue to fall without news so when no PR this morning I placed a sell order before market open. I've taken my investment out and am now just sitting on free shares. I hope you're able to get yourself on a similar situaton.
    I was going to place an order also, but I am a glutton for punishment. I am playing long. I read the hub and a few seem to think this stock is the best thing since slice bread. Actually, if and when it goes up again, I will take my investment out also. So much better playing with the houses money...