07-25-2009, 12:50 PM #1

Sportser keeps saying Aquiring Signal

This radio is am original Sportster, I am using it my truck with a car kit. Last night it stopped working properly. I get a full SAT signal but I get no TER signal and I get mostly no audio anymore. Every now and then I will hear some audio then it will start to cut in and out, but mostly I get nothing. and it keeps saying acquiring signal where I know I get a full signal all the time. I have tried another antenna and I get the same thing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
    J

Head Honcho
    07-25-2009, 08:54 PM #2
    You say you get full SAT signal and then say that it says acquiring signal... which is it? If you already tried a new satellite antenna, the unit is probably shot at this point.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-25-2009, 09:25 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You say you get full SAT signal and then say that it says acquiring signal... which is it? If you already tried a new satellite antenna, the unit is probably shot at this point.
    That's the problem, while it says acquiring signal I am getting a full signal.

Head Honcho
    07-26-2009, 06:20 PM #4
    You mean that it says acquiring signal when you are in an area where you know you should be getting full signal?

If that is the case, and you already tried a new antenna... unfortunately it sounds like your sportster 3 is at its end of life.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-26-2009, 08:35 PM #5
    Actually its a mot a 3 it is a original sportster even before the replay. Its about 6 years old. When my radio says acquiring signal you can look in the bottom left where the signal meter is and it shows a FULL signal. After trying lots of things that Sirius Support wanted me to try, I had to order a new radio. The main reason I wanted to keep my original Sportster is that it is one the FCC says puts out too much power and I always got such great reception using the FM transmitter.

I ended up ordering a Starmate 5 with Vehicle kit to replace my old Sportster. I do have a Stiletto 2 also but I would rather not keep that in my truck.

Thanks for all the help,
    J

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You mean that it says acquiring signal when you are in an area where you know you should be getting full signal?

If that is the case, and you already tried a new antenna... unfortunately it sounds like your sportster 3 is at its end of life.

Head Honcho
    07-26-2009, 09:10 PM #6
    6 Years is a good run!

Is the old transmitter not compatible with newer models? I would assume they use the same FM transmitter jack.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder