Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Remember when everyone blamed Obama for the sinking Dow

  1. #21
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Oh mighty ignorant putz his birth certificate has been shown and verified by Hawaiian authorities.That is the kind of Lou dobbsianism which ignores the facts and rewards insanity. You are most definitely a right wing nut job enabler if not one yourself. Either you are pretending to not know the facts or you must admit to being a mighty ignorant putz.

    YOU can say derivative trading is not the main reason, but Ben Stein said
    that his friends in the know say that it is. You can choose to believe him or not. I would suggest he has no horse in this race and is only reporting what
    he believes to be the facts. Now when it comes to politicians something tells me they are often quided by things other than facts.

    Can you please provide a study at least that demonstrates that gas prices go up during Democratic administrations and go down (or go up less) during Republican administrations. Facts are always nice when someone is spouting some grand theory. You havent proved anything with your comments except that you believe in your own biased opinions.
    If you want to argue that gas prices are set by political parties and have less to do with recessions, and OPEC policies then bless your wacky heart.

    So because Oil went up from $80 to $147 when the Democrats took over the
    House therefore what follows is Democrats are to blame? Please help get this guy enrolled in a logic 101 course IMMEDIATELY. I dont know whether to laugh or cry John at the ridiculousness of your argument. I quess because they went down from $147 to $65 under a Democratic Congress and Democratic administration that proves Democrats lower gas prices. LOL. As John McEnroe used to say "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS".

    Once again please slowly read my topic heading and comment on the topic at hand. I was talking about the Conservative hypocrites. Republicans who said it. Dont change the topic to Warren Buffett and Jim Cramer. Look up the comments of Conservative Republicans. Google it if you need to be convinced because all you probably swallow is Fox News. if you notice i am not, nor have i ever argued that the President is responsible for the stock markets numbers going up or down (nor for gas prices for that matter). Now that the market is up Republicans are sure they dont remember making the argument. Hysterical. You do acknowledge that they are hypocrites dont you?
    I am more a believer of Nouriel Roubini than the administration when it comes to Economic forecasting. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. The market may be headed down in the future for all i know. But i wont be blaming nor praising any President when that happens. Have i stated that point of view enough?


    I am noticing a pattern here. You dont seem to comment on articles that point out flaws in your arguments. Like the one I posted on the Bush administrations role in the mortgage disaster.
    That article was pretty damning wasnt it?
    listen dipshit there is evidence given in statements and documents from a aunt in Africa that says she was there when Obama was born in Africa. The fact she was in Africa when he was born means something. What I said was that, if there was nothing to this then there should be no problem with releasing it to see if it is a valid birth certificate. Obama himself could have ended this very simply. Now if there is nothing to it then the question will always be there, WHY NOT JUST DO THE SIMPLE THING. That is what drives it and that is what makes even reasonable people question it, and that is why it has become this size of a problem it is today. Once again a problem Obama could have resolved long ago with very little effert. It is like the 911 nut jobs that think the WTC was blown up or the moon landings never happened. At first clance it looks like a reasonable assumtion until it is looked at more carefully. I see nothing wrong with people that want to see the birth certificate to make sure it is valid, is as old as it is supposed to be has the same format as the others done in that hospital at that time. Obama only has himself to blame for this getting as big as it has gotten. The man has lied about his past before, which with little research has shown that he is ether a retard or blantently lied about it. That the things he said where ether the wrong dates for it to happen or the people where never in that area for it to happen. (his father came over to the USA because of JFK, His grandfather liberated a concentration camp) Both with little effert were found to be false.


    As for Ben Stien he is one opinion and on Fox Cavuto show there were three others that disagreed with him on that and they also didnt have a horse in the game.


    Simple there are very few times when most of congress and the presidency was controled by one party or the other. The Carter years are a good example Funny how as soon as Reagan came in (first talk about drilling in ANWAR and other areas formally off limits), the Price dropped (OPEC stopped its embargo). As for the price of oil and where it is at time to time in general there are other factors that need to be considered that is why it is to complex for you to understand those are factors your brain cant get around because you dont have the skills to be able to give weight to each of those factors and then eliminate those factors from the grand equation. Take the price of oil today because of the recession and the supply that it has caused the price of oil should be at a price that is much lower then it is today. Only a moron would think it is a huge quintessence that every time in history our government talks about going after vast amounts of oil that where off limits before, the price gos down by a big percentage and when it is killed (by mainly the democrats) the price suddenly spikes back up. Also your right because the democrats are directly responsible for the banking collapse which caused the recession there by lowering the demand so much, they are the reason for oil being this low. The problem is the way they got oil to the price it is (which by the way is still much higher then it should be, then again you need to have the gray matter to figure that out). I am sorry but I dont like their solution to high oil prices, putting the country into a recession is not the way to go. That is the proplem with you people, your short sighted. Samething that happen when the repbulican congress passed a bill to drill in ANWR and Clinton VETO it, HUMMMMMM what was it he said, thats right it was something like we would not even see the first million barrels per DAY from ANWAR for at least 8 to 10 years, hummmm what was that, thats right about 12 years ago. That was just said again by the democrats about a year ago with ANWAR and off shore drilling again (what twits along with the people that voted for them).



    Now as for Cramer and Buffet they were examples. Once again you just cant get a simple analogy. Did you not see this part:

    "I never said they did not say those things at best I could say that the ones I heard and that includes people like Jim Cramer and Warren Buffet (Obama supporters both) did not say that exactly."


    Now I know you have trouble understanding things so I will pull words out of that quote "ones I heard and that includes" The important words here for your dumbass is "ONES" and "INCLUDES", Now that means they were not the only ones saying it or that I heard but those two are a better example because they where Obama supporters and THEY WERE SAYING HE SUCKS FOR THE ECONOMY, Point being, it was not just conservates saying it. Now if you think the president cannot have a effect on the market, you are sorely mistaken. Tax policies (by themselves) directly effect companies profits and well being. People invest in companies that are providing profits the better the profits the more investments they get there by effecting the market. Bushes steel taffifs killed many of the companies profits that use steel to make their products. When it was seen how bad it effected those companies (which were many) the market took a major down swing. Do you remember the 12,000 to 10,000 drop.




    Now as for this part of your comment:

    "I am noticing a pattern here. You dont seem to comment on articles that point out flaws in your arguments. Like the one I posted on the Bush administrations role in the mortgage disaster.
    That article was pretty damning wasnt it?:"


    It acts as a clear example of you not being able to understand or clearly read a simple comment, and why you will always be confused. This was a reply to your link dumbshit.


    Repost:

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker
    I figured i would put this article in 2 places with the thought that maybe John
    might actually read something that conveyed a different take on the some of the problems of the mortgage industry. Worth a try i quess.

    http://www.theledger.com/article/200...ght-Regulation


    Hey dumbass It was not lobbying that stopped it, it was the pressure that they would look like uncaring people as the democrats always try to do. The proof is that we all know who got most of the money from FAM, and FRM and it was not the republicans. The top three out of 5 where Sen. Dodd (D), Sen. Obama (D), and Congressmen Frank (D). The other 2 where also democrats. 8 of the top 10 where democrats, you dumbass.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------


    This is exactly why I call you a dumbshit, Hell I even put your own Quote up to show I responded to your dumbass. Unlike you, I respond each part of the comment that I have already taken issue with, weather it is a logical response or I say "that is a good point". I ether concede to something or argue it, you are the one that just leaves things out constantly.

  2. #22
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    So the only reason the Republicans didnt endorse and support regulation (proposed by Democrats) of the Mortgage industry is because they didnt want to be blamed for what? The Republicans blocked the regulation. Read it again please. it was proposed by who? Who do the Republicans get a higher percentage of contributions from? Yep. The mortgage and insurance industries.


    Who was the champion and biggest cheerleader of home ownership. Thats
    right! None other than President George Bush. Follow the money trail to the bubble that he and Alan Greenspan helped to create.
    Yes as i said before there is blame to go around but you make one sided arguments without any balance. At most you admit that Republicans are chickens but not that they were also bought by the industry.


    God are you a moron, LOOK AT THE DATES, YOU TWIT. You have to look at the dates to see who controled congress. Republicans controlled congress when they first tried to get reform through. That means for a bill to be even considered in the first place it has to be put up by the republicans, Democrats didn't propose shit during the time they had no control in commitee. Once again the vote came down along party lines. When the repulicans saw that they where not going to get any democrats to go for it.

    A) It would have been hard to get a vote to approve, considering the small majority they had.

    and therefore

    B) Considering the pressure the democrats would have put on some republicans, by saying things like they did when they wanted the S-chip program extended to 24 year olds. They were not going to get all the repulicans to go for it. Once again though, as I said there were some republicans that are at fault, but by far they as a party where not the ones that stopped the reform. As simple example (because that is all your brain will get); If the reform bill would have had half (hell I'll go as far as even a quarter) as many democrats in commitee voting for it as they had republicans the bill would have came to the floor and would have passed.


    Hey dumbshit do you see what is happening now with this heath care bullshit. Do I need to remind you the democrats have way more seats then the republicans ever had and they still cant get this thing through. So what do you think happens with a even smaller majority. Do you even have a clue how many bills are killed in commitee because of this.



    Bush said he thinks every person should be able to have the dream of home ownership fullfilled, he did not say nor did he mean that they should just be given to them. Or should they be able to get a home that they have no possible way to pay it back.
    Last edited by john; 08-03-2009 at 08:26 AM.

  3. #23
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    You are not making any sense. The Democrats supported the legislation and the Republicans opposed it. Republicans including President Bush BLOCKED legislation to regulate the mortgage industry.

    Thats what the article is about. You seem to want to write entirely new articles

    No what I am telling you is that you as usual are being mislead you read an article and think that is the end all and be all, you never look at other factors nor read other articles like the ones I put up to show there is other information.

    It is a well known fact who the top people where in the money that was given by the two biggest banks that failed, so even a simpleton like yourself has to ask how can a lobbest for banks be influencing republcans when most of their money was going to democrats. Here is the repost of that.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by john
    Hey dumbass It was not lobbying that stopped it, it was the pressure that they would look like uncaring people as the democrats always try to do. The proof is that we all know who got most of the money from FAM, and FRM and it was not the republicans. The top three out of 5 where Sen. Dodd (D), Sen. Obama (D), and Congressmen Frank (D). The other 2 where also democrats. 8 of the top 10 where democrats, you dumbass.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------



    I love when you dipshits try this crap because when your reasoning is challenged by common sense and logic it fails everytime.

  4. #24
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Who got the most money from the Mortgage industry?


    The democrats, you dont get any bigger then Freddy Mac and Fanney Mae when it comes to the mortgage industry and those numbers have been posted for all to see. Quite imbarressing that Obama was number 3 with only a third of the time as the rest of them. I am sure you overlooked those numbers though.

  5. #25
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    listen dipshit there is evidence given in statements and documents from a aunt in Africa that says she was there when Obama was born in Africa. The fact she was in Africa when he was born means something. What I said was that, if there was nothing to this then there should be no problem with releasing it to see if it is a valid birth certificate. Obama himself could have ended this very simply. Now if there is nothing to it then the question will always be there, WHY NOT JUST DO THE SIMPLE THING. That is what drives it and that is what makes even reasonable people question it, and that is why it has become this size of a problem it is today. Once again a problem Obama could have resolved long ago with very little effert. It is like the 911 nut jobs that think the WTC was blown up or the moon landings never happened. At first clance it looks like a reasonable assumtion until it is looked at more carefully. I see nothing wrong with people that want to see the birth certificate to make sure it is valid, is as old as it is supposed to be has the same format as the others done in that hospital at that time. Obama only has himself to blame for this getting as big as it has gotten. The man has lied about his past before, which with little research has shown that he is ether a retard or blantently lied about it. That the things he said where ether the wrong dates for it to happen or the people where never in that area for it to happen. (his father came over to the USA because of JFK, His grandfather liberated a concentration camp) Both with little effert were found to be false.


    As for Ben Stien he is one opinion and on Fox Cavuto show there were three others that disagreed with him on that and they also didnt have a horse in the game.


    Simple there are very few times when most of congress and the presidency was controled by one party or the other. The Carter years are a good example Funny how as soon as Reagan came in (first talk about drilling in ANWAR and other areas formally off limits), the Price dropped (OPEC stopped its embargo). As for the price of oil and where it is at time to time in general there are other factors that need to be considered that is why it is to complex for you to understand those are factors your brain cant get around because you dont have the skills to be able to give weight to each of those factors and then eliminate those factors from the grand equation. Take the price of oil today because of the recession and the supply that it has caused the price of oil should be at a price that is much lower then it is today. Only a moron would think it is a huge quintessence that every time in history our government talks about going after vast amounts of oil that where off limits before, the price gos down by a big percentage and when it is killed (by mainly the democrats) the price suddenly spikes back up. Also your right because the democrats are directly responsible for the banking collapse which caused the recession there by lowering the demand so much, they are the reason for oil being this low. The problem is the way they got oil to the price it is (which by the way is still much higher then it should be, then again you need to have the gray matter to figure that out). I am sorry but I dont like their solution to high oil prices, putting the country into a recession is not the way to go. That is the proplem with you people, your short sighted. Samething that happen when the repbulican congress passed a bill to drill in ANWR and Clinton VETO it, HUMMMMMM what was it he said, thats right it was something like we would not even see the first million barrels per DAY from ANWAR for at least 8 to 10 years, hummmm what was that, thats right about 12 years ago. That was just said again by the democrats about a year ago with ANWAR and off shore drilling again (what twits along with the people that voted for them).



    Now as for Cramer and Buffet they were examples. Once again you just cant get a simple analogy. Did you not see this part:

    "I never said they did not say those things at best I could say that the ones I heard and that includes people like Jim Cramer and Warren Buffet (Obama supporters both) did not say that exactly."


    Now I know you have trouble understanding things so I will pull words out of that quote "ones I heard and that includes" The important words here for your dumbass is "ONES" and "INCLUDES", Now that means they were not the only ones saying it or that I heard but those two are a better example because they where Obama supporters and THEY WERE SAYING HE SUCKS FOR THE ECONOMY, Point being, it was not just conservates saying it. Now if you think the president cannot have a effect on the market, you are sorely mistaken. Tax policies (by themselves) directly effect companies profits and well being. People invest in companies that are providing profits the better the profits the more investments they get there by effecting the market. Bushes steel taffifs killed many of the companies profits that use steel to make their products. When it was seen how bad it effected those companies (which were many) the market took a major down swing. Do you remember the 12,000 to 10,000 drop.




    Now as for this part of your comment:

    "I am noticing a pattern here. You dont seem to comment on articles that point out flaws in your arguments. Like the one I posted on the Bush administrations role in the mortgage disaster.
    That article was pretty damning wasnt it?:"


    It acts as a clear example of you not being able to understand or clearly read a simple comment, and why you will always be confused. This was a reply to your link dumbshit.


    Repost:

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker
    I figured i would put this article in 2 places with the thought that maybe John
    might actually read something that conveyed a different take on the some of the problems of the mortgage industry. Worth a try i quess.

    http://www.theledger.com/article/200...ght-Regulation


    Hey dumbass It was not lobbying that stopped it, it was the pressure that they would look like uncaring people as the democrats always try to do. The proof is that we all know who got most of the money from FAM, and FRM and it was not the republicans. The top three out of 5 where Sen. Dodd (D), Sen. Obama (D), and Congressmen Frank (D). The other 2 where also democrats. 8 of the top 10 where democrats, you dumbass.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------


    This is exactly why I call you a dumbshit, Hell I even put your own Quote up to show I responded to your dumbass. Unlike you, I respond each part of the comment that I have already taken issue with, weather it is a logical response or I say "that is a good point". I ether concede to something or argue it, you are the one that just leaves things out constantly.
    Listen you ignorant putz you are acting like a birther.THERE IS NO SUCH EVIDENCE FROM AN AUNT. Your listening and believing crazies and I will bet you as much money as you want on that fact. Even Ann Coulter calls what you said crazy and you and i know how out there she is.He was born in the US and his birth certificate has been validated and he is the legitimate President of the US. Get over it! Please stop giving credence to insanity and stop blaming the victim.You are the biggest dumbshit (to quote one of your favorite words ) wacko on this site. Please stick to talking about the SXM stock. You are embarassing yourself with your ingnorance.

    Now it doesnt take a genius to know that a President and his policies CAN affect the economy and the stock market, but the point is that the market rises and falls in ways that often to do not correlate directly to those policies. For Conservative Republicans to blame Obama's economic policies on the low stock market when he inherited a recession the likes we havent seen in 60 years and then when the market goes up to deny they ever said
    anything about that (and certainly not to give him any credit) makes them
    the ULTIMATE HYPOCRITES. That was the point of the entire post and you
    have found every way in the book to avoid the central theme. Surprising? NO! LOL.

    Yeah it was Reagan alone who brought oil prices down. Nothing to do with external events at all. LOL. Your right Republicans always bring oil prices down and Democrats always make them raise. Your evidence is so very convincing. LOL. Yes its complex but dont cry about it and just produce some
    facts from a study to prove your point. Dont make excuses. I could argue that Republicans lack of support of alternative energy over the years has made us addicted to oil (even Bush the oil man said it) has resulted in us being subject to the whims of OPEC and terrorism in Nigeria,and brought erratic oil prices which would ultimately result in the greatest rises in oil we have ever seen in the history of this nation. its time to wean our economy off oil


    I knew it. All you watch is Fox! So tell me who those other 3 were besides
    Ben Stein.

    I read your Buffett quote twice. You still avoided my main point which is HYPOCRISY. Its about HYPOCRISY. If you dont see that what more can i say.
    But please do provide the Buffett quote that shows his hypocrisy.

    I love your insults. They prove my point about right wing nutjobs.

  6. #26
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    And EVERYTHING that freddie mac and fanny mae ever did for people was bad LOL.

    And everyone knows that Republicans always support regulation of the
    the mortgage industry and the insurance industry and the banking industry
    and gave full support to strengthening the SEC. LOL.
    Your really a joker John. Look again buddy and see who proposes it and who opposes it. You will have your chance in about a month with the health insurance industry.

    I did look at the time line and Bush's whole administration was about home
    ownership and opposition to regulating the mortgage industry. i have already indicated that there is blame to go around. I am waiting for you to own up to Bush and the Republicans complicity. Not just chickens but quilty as charged.Waiting till the cows come home.

    The article is very clear and though i know its hard for you to acknowledge that your "side" might have contributed to the destruction of the world financial system it really is a fact. Sorry buddy.

  7. #27
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Listen you ignorant putz you are acting like a birther.THERE IS NO SUCH EVIDENCE FROM AN AUNT. Your listening and believing crazies and I will bet you as much money as you want on that fact. Even Ann Coulter calls what you said crazy and you and i know how out there she is.He was born in the US and his birth certificate has been validated and he is the legitimate President of the US. Get over it! Please stop giving credence to insanity and stop blaming the victim.You are the biggest dumbshit (to quote one of your favorite words ) wacko on this site. Please stick to talking about the SXM stock. You are embarassing yourself with your ingnorance.

    Now it doesnt take a genius to know that a President and his policies CAN affect the economy and the stock market, but the point is that the market rises and falls in ways that often to do not correlate directly to those policies. For Conservative Republicans to blame Obama's economic policies on the low stock market when he inherited a recession the likes we havent seen in 60 years and then when the market goes up to deny they ever said
    anything about that (and certainly not to give him any credit) makes them
    the ULTIMATE HYPOCRITES. That was the point of the entire post and you
    have found every way in the book to avoid the central theme. Surprising? NO! LOL.

    Yeah it was Reagan alone who brought oil prices down. Nothing to do with external events at all. LOL. Your right Republicans always bring oil prices down and Democrats always make them raise. Your evidence is so very convincing. LOL. Yes its complex but dont cry about it and just produce some
    facts from a study to prove your point. Dont make excuses. I could argue that Republicans lack of support of alternative energy over the years has made us addicted to oil (even Bush the oil man said it) has resulted in us being subject to the whims of OPEC and terrorism in Nigeria,and brought erratic oil prices which would ultimately result in the greatest rises in oil we have ever seen in the history of this nation. its time to wean our economy off oil


    I knew it. All you watch is Fox! So tell me who those other 3 were besides
    Ben Stein.

    I read your Buffett quote twice. You still avoided my main point which is HYPOCRISY. Its about HYPOCRISY. If you dont see that what more can i say.
    But please do provide the Buffett quote that shows his hypocrisy.

    I love your insults. They prove my point about right wing nutjobs.


    Once again you dont get what is being said (nothing new there). I never said I believed him not to be born in the US. What I stated is the fact that others do and that number is becoming greater. The fact is, I as everything leave my judgement open til all the evidence is in (more of which you need to do). What I have basically said (and you dont get, once again because you are an idiot) is what these people have asked for, is not that difficult to have made available. I personally am not envolved in this issue so I get what I know of it from news stories like the AP, Newsweek, ect., ect. What I have read so far is that it is causing trouble for representatives more trouble then it is worth for an issue that could be put to rest very easy. Only a mindless idiot like your self would never ask yourself why would something so simple to provide not be made avaible. Your an idiot if you dont see the logic behind that. Here because your an idiot I'll put it this way, Why dont you give me a logical answer why something so simple to provide is not made avaible. Only a twit would keep this thing going by not providing a simple little thing. Is Obama a twit.


    From what I understand of the issue these people have is

    1) There is a aunt.

    If they cant produce her or a video statement of her saying those things then that is a strick against them. If they can, then it gos against Obama.

    2) That there is documentation out showing he was born in Africa.

    If they cant produce it, then it is a strike against them. If they can, then it is a strike against Obama.

    3) They say the birth Certificate they want to see is the original one and not a copy that was used for varification.

    If Obama cant produce a original birth certificate, then it is a strike and the ball game against him. If he can then it is a strick and the end game for the other side.

    It is as simple and logical as that. ARE YOU GETTING THAT YET.


    Nut jobs that think the moon landings were faked would not look like nut jobs if there was never any answers (with proof) to there questions.


    As for Ann Coulter, the only reason you think she is way out there is because you dont have the logic or skills to see what she is saying that should be evident to you by now. Some find her to be abrasive only because she says what she knows to be true.


    No what I said was that I have not heard them retract anything because what they said was that his policies were bad for the economy. The fact the market is still 2000 points down should also be no reason for them to retract anything they said on that issue. I would not give Obama credit for that ether considering that TARP was passed before he got there. Second it is a well known fact that most of his stimulas (94% of which) has not been spent yet and only 10% of it will be by the end of the year. So if I where them I also would not be giving him credit for a better economy see that he is now 3 million people short of even creating one job so far. Also try it was the worst recession in 20 years he inherited from a democrat controled congress. But it has gone from that to as bad as 60 years now that Obama has been in control of it.

    Finally what makes someone an ULTIMATE HYPOCRITE is saying when the market is down that he is got more important things to deal with, that the market is like a tracking poll and he does not run his administration on tracking polls. Then to use that same benchmark as a sign of his success. DO YOU KNOW WHO SAID AND DID THAT? OBAMA.


    I will be as short sighted as you and the democrats are and use the same logic they used to stop drilling off shore and in ANWAR. Why the technology will not be there for another 20 years so why bother. Does that answer sound as logical when it is pointed at you.


    Fact, that tech. is not even close to be where it needs to be to make a dent in the use of oil. Fact, that tech will not be at that level for another 20 years. Fact, oil is the only alternative to getting us from point A to point B.


    Fox is the best place to get the most honest news,. They are the only ones I have seen not come out like CNN did and say yes we lied about Saddem, just so we would have better access. Or like the New York Times who keeps a reporter that did not even go to the places he was reporting on just because he was a black man. Or like MSNBC that has to take a reporter off his job covering the convention because even they could not put up with the mans clear bias for Obama and I am not talking about the one (Chris M.) that has a tinkle running up his leg everytime he hears Obama speak. Or CBS that had to can Dan Rather because he blantently put out a story with false documents about Bush to get Kerry elected. I did however watch Tim Russert he was even handed on both sides. Although I did not have to see it, it was no surprise that when quntapeack came out with which station have the most balence stories Fox was the most fare with 51% positive 49% negitive for Obama, 50% positive 50% negitive for McCain. For most of the other networks the ranges are simular to 76% positive and 24% negitive for Obama, and 36% positive and 64% negitive for McCain. Is it any wonder to you why FOX wipes the floor with every other station and why the others are losing viewers left and right.



    Now your last comment just shows what an idiot you are. Only a twit would say insulting someone is bad for them when tring to make their case but then have them in there own comments.


    I rest my case.

  8. #28
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    And EVERYTHING that freddie mac and fanny mae ever did for people was bad LOL.

    And everyone knows that Republicans always support regulation of the
    the mortgage industry and the insurance industry and the banking industry
    and gave full support to strengthening the SEC. LOL.
    Your really a joker John. Look again buddy and see who proposes it and who opposes it. You will have your chance in about a month with the health insurance industry.

    I did look at the time line and Bush's whole administration was about home
    ownership and opposition to regulating the mortgage industry. i have already indicated that there is blame to go around. I am waiting for you to own up to Bush and the Republicans complicity. Not just chickens but quilty as charged.Waiting till the cows come home.

    The article is very clear and though i know its hard for you to acknowledge that your "side" might have contributed to the destruction of the world financial system it really is a fact. Sorry buddy.

    Your problem is you dont watch FOX, if you did you would have seen the CSPAN videos of exactly how the votes came down. who defended Fanny and Freddy and who was on there case. The video makes it very clear every and I mean EVERY DEMOCRAT was against regulation and every republican was for it. I suggest you go and look it up then maybe you will be more informed of just how wrong you are. Then again even Barney Frank on the O'Reilly Factor who had the video played for him tried to defend it and say he did not say the things everyone just saw him say, UN-F-ING believible. lloyd Handwerker, you remind me alot of Barney Frank, who by the way had a lover that was a top CEO of fanny Mea at the time all this was going on.

  9. #29
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Once again you dont get what is being said (nothing new there). I never said I believed him not to be born in the US. What I stated is the fact that others do and that number is becoming greater. The fact is, I as everything leave my judgement open til all the evidence is in (more of which you need to do). What I have basically said (and you dont get, once again because you are an idiot) is what these people have asked for, is not that difficult to have made available. I personally am not envolved in this issue so I get what I know of it from news stories like the AP, Newsweek, ect., ect. What I have read so far is that it is causing trouble for representatives more trouble then it is worth for an issue that could be put to rest very easy. Only a mindless idiot like your self would never ask yourself why would something so simple to provide not be made avaible. Your an idiot if you dont see the logic behind that. Here because your an idiot I'll put it this way, Why dont you give me a logical answer why something so simple to provide is not made avaible. Only a twit would keep this thing going by not providing a simple little thing. Is Obama a twit.


    From what I understand of the issue these people have is

    1) There is a aunt.

    If they cant produce her or a video statement of her saying those things then that is a strick against them. If they can, then it gos against Obama.

    2) That there is documentation out showing he was born in Africa.

    If they cant produce it, then it is a strike against them. If they can, then it is a strike against Obama.

    3) They say the birth Certificate they want to see is the original one and not a copy that was used for varification.

    If Obama cant produce a original birth certificate, then it is a strike and the ball game against him. If he can then it is a strick and the end game for the other side.

    It is as simple and logical as that. ARE YOU GETTING THAT YET.


    Nut jobs that think the moon landings were faked would not look like nut jobs if there was never any answers (with proof) to there questions.


    As for Ann Coulter, the only reason you think she is way out there is because you dont have the logic or skills to see what she is saying that should be evident to you by now. Some find her to be abrasive only because she says what she knows to be true.


    No what I said was that I have not heard them retract anything because what they said was that his policies were bad for the economy. The fact the market is still 2000 points down should also be no reason for them to retract anything they said on that issue. I would not give Obama credit for that ether considering that TARP was passed before he got there. Second it is a well known fact that most of his stimulas (94% of which) has not been spent yet and only 10% of it will be by the end of the year. So if I where them I also would not be giving him credit for a better economy see that he is now 3 million people short of even creating one job so far. Also try it was the worst recession in 20 years he inherited from a democrat controled congress. But it has gone from that to as bad as 60 years now that Obama has been in control of it.

    Finally what makes someone an ULTIMATE HYPOCRITE is saying when the market is down that he is got more important things to deal with, that the market is like a tracking poll and he does not run his administration on tracking polls. Then to use that same benchmark as a sign of his success. DO YOU KNOW WHO SAID AND DID THAT? OBAMA.


    I will be as short sighted as you and the democrats are and use the same logic they used to stop drilling off shore and in ANWAR. Why the technology will not be there for another 20 years so why bother. Does that answer sound as logical when it is pointed at you.


    Fact, that tech. is not even close to be where it needs to be to make a dent in the use of oil. Fact, that tech will not be at that level for another 20 years. Fact, oil is the only alternative to getting us from point A to point B.


    Fox is the best place to get the most honest news,. They are the only ones I have seen not come out like CNN did and say yes we lied about Saddem, just so we would have better access. Or like the New York Times who keeps a reporter that did not even go to the places he was reporting on just because he was a black man. Or like MSNBC that has to take a reporter off his job covering the convention because even they could not put up with the mans clear bias for Obama and I am not talking about the one (Chris M.) that has a tinkle running up his leg everytime he hears Obama speak. Or CBS that had to can Dan Rather because he blantently put out a story with false documents about Bush to get Kerry elected. I did however watch Tim Russert he was even handed on both sides. Although I did not have to see it, it was no surprise that when quntapeack came out with which station have the most balence stories Fox was the most fare with 51% positive 49% negitive for Obama, 50% positive 50% negitive for McCain. For most of the other networks the ranges are simular to 76% positive and 24% negitive for Obama, and 36% positive and 64% negitive for McCain. Is it any wonder to you why FOX wipes the floor with every other station and why the others are losing viewers left and right.



    Now your last comment just shows what an idiot you are. Only a twit would say insulting someone is bad for them when tring to make their case but then have them in there own comments.


    I rest my case.

    " Fox is the best place to get the most honest news"
    I rest my case.
    I dont own a TV so i dont watch any of that entertainment news.

    That is why the majority of Fox viewers STILL believe that Sadam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. Right wing nut job TV is sure to teach you anything but the truth.

    I will say it for the last time. The birth certificate has been verified. You know what verified means? Believe whatever you want in the name of evenhandedness. You are still a member of the flat earth society and i dont want to waste my time proving the earth is round. One day in the future you might understand that Obama's citizenship has been looked into by reputable investigators and proven. There is no reason to think otherwise except in your universe. Even Karl Rove is acknowledging with great pain that the Obama Kenyan birth certificate is "probably a forgery" This is quite funny stuff.

    Just curious if you have seen John McCain's birth certificate or Bush's for that matter? Ignorant putz John.

  10. #30
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Your problem is you dont watch FOX, if you did you would have seen the CSPAN videos of exactly how the votes came down. who defended Fanny and Freddy and who was on there case. The video makes it very clear every and I mean EVERY DEMOCRAT was against regulation and every republican was for it. I suggest you go and look it up then maybe you will be more informed of just how wrong you are. Then again even Barney Frank on the O'Reilly Factor who had the video played for him tried to defend it and say he did not say the things everyone just saw him say, UN-F-ING believible. lloyd Handwerker, you remind me alot of Barney Frank, who by the way had a lover that was a top CEO of fanny Mea at the time all this was going on.
    i affectionately call you an ignorant putz cause you wouldnt ever stop with the dumbshits when i asked you to in order to have a more civil conversation.

    There are different forms of regulation. The regulation in the article i posted clearly shows that mortgage reform was blocked by the Republicans and Bush. That is all i ever said. i asked you to point out an innacuracy and you
    you havent. Obviously Democrats were supporters of fanny and freddie. That was part of the problem but not the main part of the problem. Even Ben Stein a staunch Republican acknowledges that. Derivatives trading was a big part of the financial collapse. Bush pushing home ownership as the CENTERPIECE of his presidency was a part of it. The Republicans opposing regulation (fought against real teeth for the SEC) of Wall St was a part of it.
    And certainly as the article i posted in response to your half truths (which is
    so far without any refutation from you of its accuracy) demonstrates that
    Bush and the Republicans resisted regulation of the mortgage industry when people were warning of future problems.
    So once again for the putz man. There is blame to go around and it is not as simple as you try to make it out to be. However Conservative Republicans deserve most of the blame for the mess we are in now, and that is why they were punished in the elections of 2006 and 2008. Now its Obama's turn to try to dig us out of this mess and voters will decide in 2010 and 2012 how responsible for the mess we will inevitably still face in 2010 and whether or not he has done a good job of fixing it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •