Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Addict
    07-31-2009, 09:29 PM #11
    John why dont you google Bush and the mortgage industry. What you will find out is that the Bush administration blocked numerous attempts to regulate it. If you deny Republicans played a part in the mortgage fiasco you are blinder than i ever thought. Greenspan (a Republican) never thought a housing bubble would develop and Bush was constantly pushing home ownership as the centerpiece of his entire presidency.
    Certainly Democrats including Clinton share in the blame for what has happened but please show a little less angry imbalance in your policy analysis. You sound wacky.

Addict
    07-31-2009, 09:46 PM #12
    I figured i would put this article in 2 places with the thought that maybe John
    might actually read something that conveyed a different take on the some of the problems of the mortgage industry. Worth a try i quess.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...ght-Regulation

Guru
    08-02-2009, 08:45 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    John you really are as ignorant a putz as i have been saying. Do you read?
    No one is saying that Obama should get credit for the stock market rise dummy.
    All i was pointing out is that the same Conservatives who blamed his economic policies for crashing the market were denying that they ever said
    it now that the market is up. Do you read or are you just head over heals in love with your own verbal diarrhea?
    No one (though you did) should ever says that gas prices go up and down depending on which party is in office (nor should they credit the President
    with control over the stock markets numbers) You can try to distort the facts all you want but your logic is off and your arguments about the rise and fall of gas prices are just plain silly. Are you actually suggesting that oil went from $80 to $147 because the Democrats took over the Congress? Absolutely hilarious.
    Come on John admit it you are a member of the birther's movement. I know
    its a bit embarassing but unburden yourself and let you all your ignorances
    flow.
    We got in this economic mess for lots of reasons not only for the one you
    choose to dwell on. Ben Stein an ardent Republican admitted that Derivative
    trading had more to do with our financial collapse than sub prime loans.

If it sounds that way to you it is only because you just dont get it, it is your own ignorance that makes you think that way. First of all it is you that cant read you dumbfock. I never said they did not say those things at best I could say that the ones I heard and that includes people like Jim Cramer and Warren Buffet (Obama supporters both) did not say that exactly. What they said was that he was not doing the right things to spur the economy and as a matter of fact all still think this thing is not over and that the market is heading for another huge downfall and/or that we could get into another recession by the beginning to middle of next year, The ones I heard were in dismay over the comment Obama made back when the Dow was at its low (about it being like a traking poll). My comment was an analogy to the hypocrit Obama is. DO YOU GET IT NOW, you twit.

Once again numnuts I said;

"Fact, the democrats took over the house and oil went up from 80 dollars a barrel to 147 dollars a barrel. Fact, it is the policies political parties have that control the price of oil. Those policies can ether reduce supply or increase it."

Those are two facts, are you going to tell me they are not true. Who is the ignorant puts here. What controls the price of anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUPPLY AND DEMAND. What are the general policies of the democrats, Oil is bad for the envirment therefore limit it, Obama himself said that, "I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE PRICE OF GAS BEING 4 DOLLARS A GALLON." Hey dumbass you dont think speculators in oil dont know this crap. Most of the oil analyst have already said that, oil should not be this high with the supply being so high and that the only reason for it is that, speculators know no new supply sources will be coming on line anytime soon, therefore the extra supply will dry up in relatively short order.

While I am not, I dont see what the problem is with just showing a birth certificate to end that matter once and for all.

Finally, while Derivative trading was intertwined with the collapse it is not the main reason. Most of congress and many other ardent Republicans would disagree with you and Ben Stein.

Guru
    08-02-2009, 09:25 AM #14
    John why dont you google Bush and the mortgage industry. What you will find out is that the Bush administration blocked numerous attempts to regulate it. If you deny Republicans played a part in the mortgage fiasco you are blinder than i ever thought. Greenspan (a Republican) never thought a housing bubble would develop and Bush was constantly pushing home ownership as the centerpiece of his entire presidency.
    Certainly Democrats including Clinton share in the blame for what has happened but please show a little less angry imbalance in your policy analysis. You sound wacky.

You mean like these;

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-16276386_ITM

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-19831193_ITM

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-20497978_ITM

Now while it is true the republicans had to walk a tight rope (placed there by the democrats, just like in the expansion of the S-CHIP program) they did much more then democrats, who did not want any regulation on them. They had to be careful that the democrats did not try to say you see the republicans dont want lower income (manorities) to have homes. Yes thats right and if you dont think the democrats would not have tried that bullshit then just look at what they did during the expansion of the S-CHP program. The democrats tried to say republicans did not want kids to have health insurance. When in actuality it was, they did not want people up to 24 years old to be covered under the S-CHIP expansion.

Do I blame republicans? YES, for not having bigger balls to stand up to that kind of criticism. In one of the links above you will find that a bill passed the commitee. That bill never made it to the floor to be voted on because in commitee it went along party lines and the republicans did not want a vote that made it look like republicans did not want lower income people to have homes.

Guru
    08-02-2009, 09:36 AM #15
    I figured i would put this article in 2 places with the thought that maybe John
    might actually read something that conveyed a different take on the some of the problems of the mortgage industry. Worth a try i quess.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...ght-Regulation

Hey dumbass It was not lobbying that stopped it, it was the pressure that they would look like uncaring people as the democrats always try to do. The proof is that we all know who got most of the money from FAM, and FRM and it was not the republicans. The top three out of 5 where Sen. Dodd (D), Sen. Obama (D), and Congressmen Frank (D). The other 2 where also democrats. 8 of the top 10 where democrats, you dumbass.

Guru
    08-02-2009, 09:48 AM #16
    Now to show what a dumbass you are lloyd Handwerker. Once again you have gotten the reading of comments wrong and have needed it to be explained to you. I did it this time because "relmor" and "trip" (in the SIRIXM Intraday Thread) are not here right now to tell you, YOU ARE NOT READING IT CORRECTLY. Another example of this is that it takes you several post to just respond to one post, COLLECT YOUR THOUGHTS AND PUT THEM TOGETHER IN ONE POST, dumbass. Now that is why you are so confused, if you cant read a simple post on a thread and understand it, how are you suppose to get anything else.

Addict
    08-02-2009, 11:56 PM #17

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    If it sounds that way to you it is only because you just dont get it, it is your own ignorance that makes you think that way. First of all it is you that cant read you dumbfock. I never said they did not say those things at best I could say that the ones I heard and that includes people like Jim Cramer and Warren Buffet (Obama supporters both) did not say that exactly. What they said was that he was not doing the right things to spur the economy and as a matter of fact all still think this thing is not over and that the market is heading for another huge downfall and/or that we could get into another recession by the beginning to middle of next year, The ones I heard were in dismay over the comment Obama made back when the Dow was at its low (about it being like a traking poll). My comment was an analogy to the hypocrit Obama is. DO YOU GET IT NOW, you twit.

Once again numnuts I said;

"Fact, the democrats took over the house and oil went up from 80 dollars a barrel to 147 dollars a barrel. Fact, it is the policies political parties have that control the price of oil. Those policies can ether reduce supply or increase it."

Those are two facts, are you going to tell me they are not true. Who is the ignorant puts here. What controls the price of anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUPPLY AND DEMAND. What are the general policies of the democrats, Oil is bad for the envirment therefore limit it, Obama himself said that, "I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE PRICE OF GAS BEING 4 DOLLARS A GALLON." Hey dumbass you dont think speculators in oil dont know this crap. Most of the oil analyst have already said that, oil should not be this high with the supply being so high and that the only reason for it is that, speculators know no new supply sources will be coming on line anytime soon, therefore the extra supply will dry up in relatively short order.

While I am not, I dont see what the problem is with just showing a birth certificate to end that matter once and for all.

Finally, while Derivative trading was intertwined with the collapse it is not the main reason. Most of congress and many other ardent Republicans would disagree with you and Ben Stein.

Oh mighty ignorant putz his birth certificate has been shown and verified by Hawaiian authorities.That is the kind of Lou dobbsianism which ignores the facts and rewards insanity. You are most definitely a right wing nut job enabler if not one yourself. Either you are pretending to not know the facts or you must admit to being a mighty ignorant putz.

YOU can say derivative trading is not the main reason, but Ben Stein said
    that his friends in the know say that it is. You can choose to believe him or not. I would suggest he has no horse in this race and is only reporting what
    he believes to be the facts. Now when it comes to politicians something tells me they are often quided by things other than facts.

Can you please provide a study at least that demonstrates that gas prices go up during Democratic administrations and go down (or go up less) during Republican administrations. Facts are always nice when someone is spouting some grand theory. You havent proved anything with your comments except that you believe in your own biased opinions.
    If you want to argue that gas prices are set by political parties and have less to do with recessions, and OPEC policies then bless your wacky heart.

So because Oil went up from $80 to $147 when the Democrats took over the
    House therefore what follows is Democrats are to blame? Please help get this guy enrolled in a logic 101 course IMMEDIATELY. I dont know whether to laugh or cry John at the ridiculousness of your argument. I quess because they went down from $147 to $65 under a Democratic Congress and Democratic administration that proves Democrats lower gas prices. LOL. As John McEnroe used to say "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS".

Once again please slowly read my topic heading and comment on the topic at hand. I was talking about the Conservative hypocrites. Republicans who said it. Dont change the topic to Warren Buffett and Jim Cramer. Look up the comments of Conservative Republicans. Google it if you need to be convinced because all you probably swallow is Fox News. if you notice i am not, nor have i ever argued that the President is responsible for the stock markets numbers going up or down (nor for gas prices for that matter). Now that the market is up Republicans are sure they dont remember making the argument. Hysterical. You do acknowledge that they are hypocrites dont you?
    I am more a believer of Nouriel Roubini than the administration when it comes to Economic forecasting. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. The market may be headed down in the future for all i know. But i wont be blaming nor praising any President when that happens. Have i stated that point of view enough?

I am noticing a pattern here. You dont seem to comment on articles that point out flaws in your arguments. Like the one I posted on the Bush administrations role in the mortgage disaster.
    That article was pretty damning wasnt it?

Addict
    08-03-2009, 12:07 AM #18
    You mean like these;

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-16276386_ITM

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2...6-19831193_ITM

Now while it is true the republicans had to walk a tight rope (placed there by the democrats, just like in the expansion of the S-CHIP program) they did much more then democrats, who did not want any regulation on them. They had to be careful that the democrats did not try to say you see the republicans dont want lower income (manorities) to have homes. Yes thats right and if you dont think the democrats would not have tried that bullshit then just look at what they did during the expansion of the S-CHP program. The democrats tried to say republicans did not want kids to have health insurance. When in actuality it was, they did not want people up to 24 years old to be covered under the S-CHIP expansion.

Do I blame republicans? YES, for not having bigger balls to stand up to that kind of criticism. In one of the links above you will find that a bill passed the commitee. That bill never made it to the floor to be voted on because in commitee it went along party lines and the republicans did not want a vote that made it look like republicans did not want lower income people to have homes.
    So the only reason the Republicans didnt endorse and support regulation (proposed by Democrats) of the Mortgage industry is because they didnt want to be blamed for what? The Republicans blocked the regulation. Read it again please. it was proposed by who? Who do the Republicans get a higher percentage of contributions from? Yep. The mortgage and insurance industries.

Who was the champion and biggest cheerleader of home ownership. Thats
    right! None other than President George Bush. Follow the money trail to the bubble that he and Alan Greenspan helped to create.
    Yes as i said before there is blame to go around but you make one sided arguments without any balance. At most you admit that Republicans are chickens but not that they were also bought by the industry.

Addict
    08-03-2009, 12:14 AM #19
    Hey dumbass It was not lobbying that stopped it, it was the pressure that they would look like uncaring people as the democrats always try to do. The proof is that we all know who got most of the money from FAM, and FRM and it was not the republicans. The top three out of 5 where Sen. Dodd (D), Sen. Obama (D), and Congressmen Frank (D). The other 2 where also democrats. 8 of the top 10 where democrats, you dumbass.
    You are not making any sense. The Democrats supported the legislation and the Republicans opposed it. Republicans including President Bush BLOCKED legislation to regulate the mortgage industry.

Thats what the article is about. You seem to want to write entirely new articles

Addict
    08-03-2009, 12:18 AM #20
    Who got the most money from the Mortgage industry?

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...