Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: Remember when everyone blamed Obama for the sinking Dow

  1. #1
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524

    Remember when everyone blamed Obama for the sinking Dow

    Remember when the Dow was down below 7,000, Republicans couldnt stop citing it as 'proof' that President Obama's economic plans had failed.
    Now that the Dow is in 9,000 terrritory- up well over 10% since inauguration day- those same right-wing pundits are trying to pretend conservatives never attacked Obama on the stock market.

    Hypocrites once again.

    Kind of like when John says gas prices go up and down depending on what political party is in office. Hilarious stuff you cant make up.

  2. #2
    Brad is offline
    Junior Member
    Brad's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 10

    Hell yeah

    I remember it vividly, man. I also remember how Obama was ridiculed on CNBC for stating the the Chrysler and GM bankruptcies would be done quickly...in roughly 60 days. Everyone blasted him as not knowing anything about business and they said it would take over a year. Have they apologized now that both car companies are out? Hell no...freakin' hypocrites.

  3. #3
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    LLOYD and BRAD,do you even understand politics at all?
    let me clue you in,there are 25% Republican right wing conservative christian nuts(Zealots if you like) and 25% Democratic Left wing Liberal do gooder's nuts...and 50% of the country is moderate Reps and Dems and Independants....your only going to hear the 25% from each on TV,Newspapers,Radio and the like,so get over the stereotyping and stop listening to FOX,MSNBC,CBS,ABC and NBC as the gospel and make up your own minds..

  4. #4
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Johnny, johnny, johnny such condescension without knowing anything about me
    I was a political science major in college.
    I understand politics quite well
    I dont own a tv so dont watch all the channels you mention.
    Always going to try to make up my own mind much like you
    think you do.
    Just pointing out some basic hypocrisy out there.

    Have a nice weekend

  5. #5
    Brad is offline
    Junior Member
    Brad's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 10
    Johnny-
    I don't need to be clued in from you. I understand politics just very well. And this is politics at its worst--unjustifiably criticizing the President without accountability, but effectively getting a negative message out to people who buy into political advertising. This is what helps choke out productivity in governing. These douche bags need to admit they were wrong in their statements just like anyone else.
    Lastly, Johnny, spare people who you don't know your little political lessons. They offer no value.
    Brad

  6. #6
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Johnny-
    I don't need to be clued in from you. I understand politics just very well. And this is politics at its worst--unjustifiably criticizing the President without accountability, but effectively getting a negative message out to people who buy into political advertising. This is what helps choke out productivity in governing. These douche bags need to admit they were wrong in their statements just like anyone else.
    Lastly, Johnny, spare people who you don't know your little political lessons. They offer no value.
    Brad
    Right on Brad. its nice to hear some other people on this site speak out against
    the hypocrisy (and not just from the fringe groups) that goes on all the time in this country. No wonder John Stewart was just voted most trustworthy news
    anchor in a Time online poll.

  7. #7
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Lloyd,

    Very cool that you don't own or watch the tube. I don't either. I do read a lot of papers and magazines though. And, I do listen to the radio for some of my news. And of course I use the web as a source of information too.

    And you are right. The conservative fruitcakes will never admit any wrongs or mistakes that they make. However, I thought it was very cool that Our President did sort of apologize for his quick comments about the Cambridge Police and the actions they took against a black man the other day. I am still waiting for the conservatives and George Bush to apologize for all of the damage that the tax cuts have done to our overall economy. Or maybe a little I'm sorry for invading Iraq and all the damage that caused our economy.

    And this is all spoken by a guy who does know politics. I have been elected as a Board Of Education Member, a City Council Member, a Mayor, and finally a County Commisioner. So, I don't need Johnny come lately or anyone else to question my political experience.

  8. #8
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Lloyd,

    Very cool that you don't own or watch the tube. I don't either. I do read a lot of papers and magazines though. And, I do listen to the radio for some of my news. And of course I use the web as a source of information too.

    And you are right. The conservative fruitcakes will never admit any wrongs or mistakes that they make. However, I thought it was very cool that Our President did sort of apologize for his quick comments about the Cambridge Police and the actions they took against a black man the other day. I am still waiting for the conservatives and George Bush to apologize for all of the damage that the tax cuts have done to our overall economy. Or maybe a little I'm sorry for invading Iraq and all the damage that caused our economy.

    And this is all spoken by a guy who does know politics. I have been elected as a Board Of Education Member, a City Council Member, a Mayor, and finally a County Commisioner. So, I don't need Johnny come lately or anyone else to question my political experience.
    Candleman, i completely agree that its incredibly refreshing that we have a President who can admit mistakes and offer apologies without fear of permanent damage to his ego.You will wait a LONG time before Conservatives acknowledge any mistakes made crafting economic policy during the previous 8 years.

  9. #9
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Facts always get in your way dont they. Excuse me but was it not Obama that said, he does not care what the stock market does because it acts like a tracking poll and he does not run his policies on tracking polls (talk about hypocritical). Then when it is up he uses that same bench mark for his success. FORGET THE FACT IT IS STILL 2000 POINTS BELOW the point when he won the office.


    Fact, the democrats took over the house and oil went up from 80 dollars a barrel to 147 dollars a barrel. Fact, it is the policies political parties have that control the price of oil. Those policies can ether reduce supply or increase it. Fact, that directly controls the price of anything. Fact there is right now in storage more oil then in the last 22 years and more oil in tankers off shore (then ever before) basically used as storage, and oil is still sitting at 65 and over. Reason for this is because speculators know what will happen due to the democrats placing so many restrictions on off shore drilling that it will make it impossible to drill. Therefore the supply will eventually go down because there will not be anymore new sourses coming from the US. Fact, The price of oil went down from 147 to 110 within a week of the moritorum expiring and it looked like the US would finally be able to drill off its own shore.
    Fact, it makes no sense whatsoever for a country to limit its own resoures and make it more dependent on other counties for them. Here is a perfect example of your parties dumbass policies in effect; the USA cant even drill for oil in areas that the Cubains are, becuase off their dumbass policies.




    Brad, those that said that did not realize how far Obama would go in basically rewritting bankruptcy law, to get what it wanted. Example how many bond holders with senior notes where put to the curb and in back of the line instead of being infront of the line (and by LAW) were they are suppose to be.




    candleman, Who are you trying to kid here, he did nothing of the sort. I am sorry did I miss him say "I was wrong in saying what I said". No I did not and on top of that the man tries to twist his blunder into a victory and make himself look like the man that is trying to settle a problem he by himself created in the first place (because he spoke without a teleprompter in front of him).

    As for the economy excuse me were have you been living the last 9 years when Bush took office we were entering a recession and on top of that we had 911 that took 1.5 trillion off our economy in a blink of an eye. The Bush tax cuts gave us the shortest and shallowest recession in history. Thats right the shortest and shallowest with a 1.5 trillion hit to the economy.

    Fact the main reason for the collapse of the economy and the cause for the recession being so deep and long is the collapse of the banking system. What cause that? People that bought homes that could not afford them. Which party made that possible? Come on you know, thats right the democrat party. The CSPAN video is very clear who was in favor of more regulation of the banking system (Fanny Mea, and Freddy Mac) and who was against it. I'll give you glue it fell along party lines!!!!!! have you figured it out yet. Here I'll tell you, it was the republicans that were in favor of more regulations and it was the democrats that said, Ho no they are fine they are doing a good job. Greenspan warned them and the republicans heeded that warning and the democrats said F-you Greenspan (or as Barney Frank said the sky is not falling they are doing a good job they are fine).



    You dumbasses let facts get in your way that is why you are dumbasses. candleman, and lloyd Handwerkers agreement with it, is a perfect example of this, they try to state that it was tax cuts that got the economy into the recession we are in without one example as to how tax cuts caused it. Yet not one mention of the real reason the economy is in the crapper.



    P.S. The public school system sucks because of the people running it. For the money the public schools get per child, I can send my kids to a private school with much better stats and still have money left over. The kids also will know who the colonies fought in the Revolutionary War when they graduate, unlike public school grads. Candlemans answer to that problem is another 1,000 dollars per student for that question to be answered correctly.

  10. #10
    lloyd Handwerker is offline
    Addict
    lloyd Handwerker's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 524
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Facts always get in your way dont they. Excuse me but was it not Obama that said, he does not care what the stock market does because it acts like a tracking poll and he does not run his policies on tracking polls (talk about hypocritical). Then when it is up he uses that same bench mark for his success. FORGET THE FACT IT IS STILL 2000 POINTS BELOW the point when he won the office.


    Fact, the democrats took over the house and oil went up from 80 dollars a barrel to 147 dollars a barrel. Fact, it is the policies political parties have that control the price of oil. Those policies can ether reduce supply or increase it. Fact, that directly controls the price of anything. Fact there is right now in storage more oil then in the last 22 years and more oil in tankers off shore (then ever before) basically used as storage, and oil is still sitting at 65 and over. Reason for this is because speculators know what will happen due to the democrats placing so many restrictions on off shore drilling that it will make it impossible to drill. Therefore the supply will eventually go down because there will not be anymore new sourses coming from the US. Fact, The price of oil went down from 147 to 110 within a week of the moritorum expiring and it looked like the US would finally be able to drill off its own shore.
    Fact, it makes no sense whatsoever for a country to limit its own resoures and make it more dependent on other counties for them. Here is a perfect example of your parties dumbass policies in effect; the USA cant even drill for oil in areas that the Cubains are, becuase off their dumbass policies.




    Brad, those that said that did not realize how far Obama would go in basically rewritting bankruptcy law, to get what it wanted. Example how many bond holders with senior notes where put to the curb and in back of the line instead of being infront of the line (and by LAW) were they are suppose to be.




    candleman, Who are you trying to kid here, he did nothing of the sort. I am sorry did I miss him say "I was wrong in saying what I said". No I did not and on top of that the man tries to twist his blunder into a victory and make himself look like the man that is trying to settle a problem he by himself created in the first place (because he spoke without a teleprompter in front of him).

    As for the economy excuse me were have you been living the last 9 years when Bush took office we were entering a recession and on top of that we had 911 that took 1.5 trillion off our economy in a blink of an eye. The Bush tax cuts gave us the shortest and shallowest recession in history. Thats right the shortest and shallowest with a 1.5 trillion hit to the economy.

    Fact the main reason for the collapse of the economy and the cause for the recession being so deep and long is the collapse of the banking system. What cause that? People that bought homes that could not afford them. Which party made that possible? Come on you know, thats right the democrat party. The CSPAN video is very clear who was in favor of more regulation of the banking system (Fanny Mea, and Freddy Mac) and who was against it. I'll give you glue it fell along party lines!!!!!! have you figured it out yet. Here I'll tell you, it was the republicans that were in favor of more regulations and it was the democrats that said, Ho no they are fine they are doing a good job. Greenspan warned them and the republicans heeded that warning and the democrats said F-you Greenspan (or as Barney Frank said the sky is not falling they are doing a good job they are fine).



    You dumbasses let facts get in your way that is why you are dumbasses. candleman, and lloyd Handwerkers agreement with it, is a perfect example of this, they try to state that it was tax cuts that got the economy into the recession we are in without one example as to how tax cuts caused it. Yet not one mention of the real reason the economy is in the crapper.



    P.S. The public school system sucks because of the people running it. For the money the public schools get per child, I can send my kids to a private school with much better stats and still have money left over. The kids also will know who the colonies fought in the Revolutionary War when they graduate, unlike public school grads. Candlemans answer to that problem is another 1,000 dollars per student for that question to be answered correctly.
    John you really are as ignorant a putz as i have been saying. Do you read?
    No one is saying that Obama should get credit for the stock market rise dummy.
    All i was pointing out is that the same Conservatives who blamed his economic policies for crashing the market were denying that they ever said
    it now that the market is up. Do you read or are you just head over heals in love with your own verbal diarrhea?
    No one (though you did) should ever says that gas prices go up and down depending on which party is in office (nor should they credit the President
    with control over the stock markets numbers) You can try to distort the facts all you want but your logic is off and your arguments about the rise and fall of gas prices are just plain silly. Are you actually suggesting that oil went from $80 to $147 because the Democrats took over the Congress? Absolutely hilarious.
    Come on John admit it you are a member of the birther's movement. I know
    its a bit embarassing but unburden yourself and let you all your ignorances
    flow.
    We got in this economic mess for lots of reasons not only for the one you
    choose to dwell on. Ben Stein an ardent Republican admitted that Derivative
    trading had more to do with our financial collapse than sub prime loans.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •