Thread: Remember when everyone blamed Obama for the sinking Dow

Hybrid View

Addict

Remember when everyone blamed Obama for the sinking Dow

Remember when the Dow was down below 7,000, Republicans couldnt stop citing it as 'proof' that President Obama's economic plans had failed.
    Now that the Dow is in 9,000 terrritory- up well over 10% since inauguration day- those same right-wing pundits are trying to pretend conservatives never attacked Obama on the stock market.

Hypocrites once again.

Kind of like when John says gas prices go up and down depending on what political party is in office. Hilarious stuff you cant make up.

Hell yeah

I remember it vividly, man. I also remember how Obama was ridiculed on CNBC for stating the the Chrysler and GM bankruptcies would be done quickly...in roughly 60 days. Everyone blasted him as not knowing anything about business and they said it would take over a year. Have they apologized now that both car companies are out? Hell no...freakin' hypocrites.

Mentor
    LLOYD and BRAD,do you even understand politics at all?
    let me clue you in,there are 25% Republican right wing conservative christian nuts(Zealots if you like) and 25% Democratic Left wing Liberal do gooder's nuts...and 50% of the country is moderate Reps and Dems and Independants....your only going to hear the 25% from each on TV,Newspapers,Radio and the like,so get over the stereotyping and stop listening to FOX,MSNBC,CBS,ABC and NBC as the gospel and make up your own minds..

Addict
    Johnny, johnny, johnny such condescension without knowing anything about me
    I was a political science major in college.
    I understand politics quite well
    I dont own a tv so dont watch all the channels you mention.
    Always going to try to make up my own mind much like you
    think you do.
    Just pointing out some basic hypocrisy out there.

Have a nice weekend

Johnny-
    I don't need to be clued in from you. I understand politics just very well. And this is politics at its worst--unjustifiably criticizing the President without accountability, but effectively getting a negative message out to people who buy into political advertising. This is what helps choke out productivity in governing. These douche bags need to admit they were wrong in their statements just like anyone else.
    Lastly, Johnny, spare people who you don't know your little political lessons. They offer no value.
    Brad

Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Johnny-
    I don't need to be clued in from you. I understand politics just very well. And this is politics at its worst--unjustifiably criticizing the President without accountability, but effectively getting a negative message out to people who buy into political advertising. This is what helps choke out productivity in governing. These douche bags need to admit they were wrong in their statements just like anyone else.
    Lastly, Johnny, spare people who you don't know your little political lessons. They offer no value.
    Brad
    Right on Brad. its nice to hear some other people on this site speak out against
    the hypocrisy (and not just from the fringe groups) that goes on all the time in this country. No wonder John Stewart was just voted most trustworthy news
    anchor in a Time online poll.