Page 11 of 11 ... 91011
    Mentor
    07-23-2009, 09:36 AM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Socal, Isn't the point of investing to make money? So, when the price drops 2 cents, that is an opportunity to profit. Yesterday I was in and out for the 2 cents and made an easy 1500 bucks. That's why we invest....to make money.

You can be as long as you like, but if you're not profiting, it isn't a good business to be in.
    No ,you were in and out for $1080 minus cost of trade,don't forget your very unsilent partner,mister IRS at 28%..

Addict
    07-23-2009, 10:23 AM #102
    If we close over . 42 cents today, I think we say goodbye to the .30's finally forever. That's "IF" and "I Think", but action looking better after that high volume selloff or short covering buy 2 days ago.

Guru
    07-23-2009, 12:54 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Thats different. This is no "technology". And im sure it worked out for them, other than this little lawsuit thing. Offering a random music generator is not going to get them sued.. But I know you were just being a smart ass. Dont even know why i posted. I think your right, but Friggen is right too. Hes passionate, I like that. Hes not trying to say anything about this second. But he would like something in the near future. Unfortunately friggen, we will never know they intend to release anything like this, as this would acknowledge them as competing with pandora, giving there competitiors unnecessary attention. Plus you dont want them knowing what your doing, i would think. So we will just have to see, and hope that they do it. Did you try calling them about it? curious what they might have said to you about it.

The princible is the same. What dont you think there are patents on each app put out. The lawsiut is what drove TIVO from 8 dollars to 11 once finally settled. The money was big but the biggest thing was that DISH would have to now stop using the service. That is what DISH is fighting the fact that they would have to cut everyone that had that one APPlICATION in their DVR off. Now they are stalling until they can get them all replaced in the mean time it is costing them millions upon millions. All over ONE little application out of at least hundreds in that DVR.

Now Like I said it takes much more time to do things then people think, there are many more problems then people think to putting out an APP. I am not against putting out any new app as long as it is done in a clear concise manor. The last thing they need is another lawsuit of the likes, XMSR had to deal with with RIMM. TIVO to DISH is what Pandora is to SIRIXM in a close comparison of size. That hundred and some million TIVO is going to get is enough money to run TIVO for a very long time. Pandora just got what 25,30 million and there was a bunch of excitement. Now while it is only one app we are talking about it has to be different in some way from what might be hundreds (who knows maybe even thousands) of others that already have rights to them. Then again I am not an IT guy so who knows, those are just a few problems I can see.

Guru
    07-23-2009, 12:58 PM #104
    Your trying to invalidate a very good point by one passionate remark. Maybe that is a bit over the top, but it will shoot up, for sure. It wouldnt hurt, thats for sure.

No it was to invailidate "frigginregan". I would say it wouldn't hurt as long as it is done in a clear concise manor.

Guru
    07-23-2009, 01:00 PM #105
    I agree they should offer it. Im 100 percent for it. I think it will only help them. John knows how corporate america works. You get an idea. YOu send it to committee. They think about it. They hire consultants. They do marketing research. They test this and that. They think about it again. This is were smaller companies can be more nimble, and get there products out faster, not worried about the bottom line, they kind of just go with the flow until corporate america spanks them, like they have now. My girlfriend, for instance, is an ex pandora user after the 40 hours thing. Now friggens point is you need to capitalize on this NOW. Unfortunately friggen, this company doesnt move like that. They probably will, and it will be considered "late", but when your the big dog, its always better late than never.

Absolutly correct.

Guru
    07-23-2009, 01:12 PM #106
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    What does that even mean? What does political correctness have to do with being an ass to other human beings for no reason? Do you even know the meaning of political correctness? You aren't being politically incorrect, you are being a douche.

It means that you people get offended by anything and everything you dont think is nice. You are fine as long as it is you that does it but against it when others do it. As for being a douche I think you should look inward. I didn't just come in and enter a arguement that had nothing to do with me and insult someone, that was you. You have done this on a number of occasions. So look inward before you try to act high and mighty.

Guru
    07-23-2009, 01:17 PM #107
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I think what you may be missing is that you are only clear to you sometimes. Your reality is based on things that you believe to be true when arguing something that is opinion based vs someone who core beliefs may be different from the get go.

You cant argue about the Sirius XM iPhone app with someone who thinks it is important when at your core you do not think that it is (as an example). Who is correct about the base of that belief is irrelevant if you just get into debating something when all things are not equal. As you say 2 + 2 = 4 but if my equation is 1 + 2 we certainly can't argue about the answer itself. My answer may be 3 while yours is 4. 3 vs 4 can not be argued we need to talk about why my first number in the equation is 1 and yours is 2... you cant just jump to the final answer and beat people over the head with it, you arent "teaching" anyone anything. You are rarely even arguing the real issue at hand.

My 2 cents.

Very well put Charles, I like that.

It maybe the first time someones 2 cents only cost me one.

Guru
    07-23-2009, 01:18 PM #108
    Quote Originally Posted by zcurzan View Post
    well put..
    I agree, I should start to read ahead before I comment.

Guru
    07-23-2009, 01:21 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Great debate guys,wish i was around for it,just finished reading it all and enjoying a drink after playing golf today and winning the first round playoff match in my league to reach the championship next week..So Cheers to all..

What did you think of the "nice round ones" compared to the "big jagged ones" That had to have you rolling.

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 02:12 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    What did you think of the "nice round ones" compared to the "big jagged ones" That had to have you rolling.
    Yeah,i was cracking up as i read it you ignorant cave man..

Page 11 of 11 ... 91011