Page 1 of 3 123
    Addict
    07-22-2009, 12:35 AM #1

Health coverage may be mandated

07-22-2009, 01:53 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Well I guess that I will become a "Christian Scientist" then.
    And make it against my religion!!

Kiss your "Roe v Wade" goodbye if thats the case!!

Here is your single payer crap, compliments from the bilhary campaign!!

http://vodpod.com/watch/1765187-obam...thcare-program

OK, I am done, nothing new here!!! Goodbye drone!!!

Addict
    07-22-2009, 10:12 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Well I guess that I will become a "Christian Scientist" then.
    And make it against my religion!!

Kiss your "Roe v Wade" goodbye if thats the case!!

Here is your single payer crap, compliments from the bilhary campaign!!

http://vodpod.com/watch/1765187-obam...thcare-program

OK, I am done, nothing new here!!! Goodbye drone!!!

Damn and i thought you were the drone!
    if you read the article you will notice that single-payer supporters
    oppose the mandates. Among other things that would mean what? Yes Dread thats right the Obama administrations plan is not single-payer. Sorry buddy
    to point out facts.

Bilhary sounds like a drone word.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-22-2009, 03:36 PM #4
    Health coverage is a mandate already.

If someone doesn't have coverage, they simply go to the hospital or communtiy clinic and they get health care.

The difference is that those folks without coverage are simply paid for by me, the business owner taxpayer.

IF healthcare is mandatory, then maybe those folks would actually have to pay for it.

But, what do I know? I'm just a happy tax paying Democrat that can't afford to pay the insurance coverage for my 13 employees, so they get screwed. Which means we all get screwed.

I would love to see anyone's ideas on this problem. But, it bothers me to no end that certain people with certain beliefs, just keep knocking any new ideas down without putting up any other new ideas.

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 10:59 PM #5
    Candleman

You do know that under the current proposels, you will not have a choice...you will be mandated to offer coverage to your employees...or be fined...So, guess what...you will have only a couple of choices...none of which are worth a crap...1. raise you prices to cover the increased costs (probable loss of some business), 2. Reduce your work force from 13 to whatever number it takes to reduce your costs enough to cover your remaining employees...3. Keep all your employees, pay for there insurance...and in 6-12 months...close your doors...Thats it!!!

Candleman- with 13 employees, your probably in the tax bracket that is going to be taxed even more...Sounds like your party is fixing to screw you as well!

If this is such a great idea...why doesn't the all Dem House, Senate, and Pres just pass it! Hummm...maybe they don't want to have their name on it when it totally destroys our healthcare system.

Don't get me wrong...I'm all for reduced healthcare costs for everyone(except undocumented immigrants)...I just believe that there is a rush to pass something...that in the long run...will be detrimental to our country!

Candleman- do you think that before a bill is passed...it should be read?

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 11:04 PM #6
    Lloyd

Looks like your man is starting to get crushed by the new polls that are coming out! > 50% are against the current proposed healthcare reform. And after tonights performance...number will be even worse! Couldn't even answer one softball question by the press!

He has no idea what is even being prosposed!

At one point, Obama stated...I have the best healthcare in the world!!!! Hummmmm...he has the best healthcare in the world...but our healthcare sucks? Doesn't add up!

Addict
    07-23-2009, 12:16 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Lloyd

Looks like your man is starting to get crushed by the new polls that are coming out! > 50% are against the current proposed healthcare reform. And after tonights performance...number will be even worse! Couldn't even answer one softball question by the press!

He has no idea what is even being prosposed!

At one point, Obama stated...I have the best healthcare in the world!!!! Hummmmm...he has the best healthcare in the world...but our healthcare sucks? Doesn't add up!

I believe the Obama administration will get a health care bill passed this year. Do you doubt it? What odds will you give me since he is "starting to
    get crushed by the new polls" and "since after tonights performance....
    number will be even worse"

One can have the best batting average in the league and still be only batting
    .333. There is always room for lots of improvement.

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 12:38 AM #8
    Lloyd

I think it is 50/50 that he gets one passed this year. I do believe that we will have healthcare reform...and it is needed...Must have a "viable" way to pay for it...IMHO current plan/plans cannot be sustained!

Again...the Dems say that it has been needed for 20-30-40 years now...why the rush to cram something through the house and senate...no matter how bad it is...just to get it done...Doesn't make sense.

if this so called plan is so good for the american people...why are 50 something Dems opposing it in the house...and probably 10 or more in the senate? Why...because they see it as unsustainable in its present form. The Dems want Rebublican support because this plan SUCKS and they do not want only their reputations on it if it blows up in there faces!

Whether the people want it or not...Obama plans on doing this...The porkulus bill was opposed by about 70% of americans...Dems did it anyway...Same thing fixing to happen here...then...Tax and Kill...My guess...80% of american people will oppose that one...who Fu%king cares...Will probably cram that down our throats as well. The people no longer have a voice!

I will guarentee you that if Obama and the Dems pass all of these so called plans...They will get hammered beginning in 2010...once the people realized that they are being taxed too death!

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 12:44 AM #9
    BTW- you convienently didn't address Obama's statement about the greatest healthcare in the world vs our healthcare system sucks.

If our healthcare sucks...then why are thousands upon thousands of people flocking to the US just to get treatment here.

If I were a member of the AMA...I would tell Obama to kiss our collective asses!!!! His statement that doctors use the billing code to determine treatment is absolutely ridiculous. I'm in the healthcare industry...sure there are bad apples in every bunch...but to make a blanket statement that they dictate treatment by how much money they will make is total BS.

07-23-2009, 01:13 AM #10

this is interesting

The article is a copy of tweets from the health care bill. I don't tweet, so I find it annoying but good data in here. There is a link to the tweeters address at the top, and a link at the end of the article so you can verify the info on whats actually in the bill!!

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com...acre-bill.html

Page 1 of 3 123