Page 1 of 3 123
    07-20-2009, 08:38 AM #1

SIRIUS Intraday Thead Monday 07-20-09

Good Morning All,

Another week, another penny. Who knows what will
    happen this week.
    Maybe this is where the saying The Dog days of summer
    came from. Our dog has been lying low this summer.

Speaking of dogs, Johnny has a new dog to admire,
    compliements of Charles. They'll be no mixing our
    posts up anymore. Johnny's glad.

Hope everyone has a great week,
    And our dog gets off it's butt.

Julie

Notice the theme is Dogs this week. Nothing else to write.
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 07-20-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 08:50 AM #2
    Dont be surprised if we hit around 50 million volume, FOR THE WEEK. The range will be very tight. Probably 6-8 cents.

07-20-2009, 09:17 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Good morning Julie! maybe you need to post that utube video of "Who let the Dogs Out". Let's hope for some upward share price action. Thanks.
    Good morning Socal,

Up early in California. The sun must be in your eyes, woke you up.
    I don't have that problem here.

Enjoy your day!

Julie

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 10:11 AM #4

USA Today product review

main complaint from reviewer seems to be "lack of complete line-up" for the price paid

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columni...nia-baig_N.htm
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 10-03-2009 at 12:18 AM.

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 10:21 AM #5
    Good Morning everyone and yes Julie the dogs are out in force,mangy and stingy with this SP so far this summer..

Cpo program seems to be going great and almost all auto companies involved are on board,but as Tyler said in his article it will be a slow but very important metric to watch as newer penetration rates of last year and going forward begin to show up in the pipeline,future looks very bright for Auto Subs.

Head Honcho
    07-20-2009, 10:49 AM #6
    Good Morning Best And Brightest!

BMW news is good. Don't look for immediate impact, but instead an overall build of the OEM channel which now has two prongs of supply rather than one. The news is good, and will help the promo sub numbers, but the impact will take time to build.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 10:58 AM #7
    Tyler,do you think the company will continue to break out the sub numbers like last CC and include $2.99 on-line feed takes and I-Phone App subs full and partial,plus CPO subs?
    Also i've never seen a breakdown of Retail subs,Car versus home and portable?
    Reason i ask is,am surprised to see 9mil OEM subs and 9mil Retail subs from last Q report..Retail has been hemoraging big time,is this Cars or other?
    Thanks if you have some insite..

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 11:31 AM #8
    Hey Tyler, How do you like that C short so far? What did I tell ya...
    This is only the beginning.

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 11:59 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    Good Morning Best And Brightest!

BMW news is good. Don't look for immediate impact, but instead an overall build of the OEM channel which now has two prongs of supply rather than one. The news is good, and will help the promo sub numbers, but the impact will take time to build.
    what I do like about the CPO channel is this . . if you say the OEM channel will do 10mm units this year . . and the CPO channel will do 2mm units (aggressive rounding) . . . you are really talking about an effective run-rate of 12mm vehicles from a satellite radio perspective . . not too bad

now granted, all of this doesn't happen in Year 1 . . but going forward, CPO will be an increasing part of total dealer-unit-sales

dealers are still selling cars and people are still buying them! CPO has simply become a larger part of the equation; some of the industry trade publications are referring to this as "displacement" of new car buyers

this is a GREAT silver lining to weak OEM sales . . especially because of the greater flow-through to our bottom line . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-20-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Head Honcho
    07-20-2009, 12:00 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Tyler,do you think the company will continue to break out the sub numbers like last CC and include $2.99 on-line feed takes and I-Phone App subs full and partial,plus CPO subs?
    Also i've never seen a breakdown of Retail subs,Car versus home and portable?
    Reason i ask is,am surprised to see 9mil OEM subs and 9mil Retail subs from last Q report..Retail has been hemoraging big time,is this Cars or other?
    Thanks if you have some insite..
    1. They will only iTunes app if the number is huge. I do not think the iPhone app generated many new subs. Thus, I doubt they break it out.

2. CPO subs always lag. The company is footing the bill, so they are not counted in the sub numbers (as a general rule)
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Page 1 of 3 123