Page 73 of 75 ... 23637172737475
    Mentor
    07-26-2009, 01:44 AM #721
    Talk about seeing someone too drunk to remember the words to a song - I saw the Crue once, and Vince Neil was bombed. I remember him just bending over when he couldn't remember the words and going.. "na na naa na naa na naa on the sta-ya-yage, na na na na naana naa knife in the back its rage.."

Guru
    07-26-2009, 02:10 AM #722
    What are the most bitchin cars you guys have ever owned?

Mentor
    07-26-2009, 04:01 AM #723
    1982 Chevy Cavalier Type 10 Hatchback, black interior, no AC, and I lived in Phoenix. That piece of junk didn't last to 50,000 miles. It was dead at 46,000. Not only did it have multiple engine problems, things in the interiors just fell apart. Geez, after that, I wonder why American cars are in the dumps. I never wanted one again. That thing broke down at Phoenix's 2nd most busy intersection once (among other places), I never want that to happen again.

The coolest car I had was my Dad's mustang. It was a 65 fastback 2+2 bought in 64, making it what they called a 64 1/2. He bought it for $3000 I think. I got the keys when I was 16, but my folks split up, and my mom couldn't afford the house payments after she lost a job, so I had to sell it to pay for the house. It had a carbeurator problem, and they had to tow it off at the time, but I think we got $3500 for it. It had over 200,000 miles. If Ford made cars like that again, I'd buy one. It was pretty solid. I don't want anything that doesn't at least make it to 180K. I at least got to drive it a little. I hardly remember a repair on that thing either. Just hoses and belts, a water pump, and a carb adjustment.

These days, my engineering genes must have kicked in. I'm way more practical, and fancy stuff just doesn't get me too exited. If I had a ton of cash though, I maybe would get an old mustang. My current vehicle is one of my favorites - one of those trucks with the full sized back seats and the track system in the bed to tie stuff down with. So versatile, I now don't know why I ever drove a car. Best case scenario though, would be a car to scoot back and forth to work with. We need to hit these options and pennies and make that happen.

Mentor
    07-26-2009, 04:08 AM #724
    Speaking of options - I'd like to build a list of tickers to follow - looking for smooth curves, etc. AAPL has a good chart. I think GS is good too. We (I) have to crosscheck to check whether a ticker has options, and then check for liquidity. Things that trade between $50-200 are good. The strikes are too spread for things lower a lot of times, though, I guess the underlying moves are significant. GOOG is smooth, but its price is high, so its options prices near the strike are high too. DRYS when it gets a little higher could be good - there are a decent number of contracts for it.

07-26-2009, 06:47 AM #725
    EWRC - think it'll do good next week?

Addict
    07-26-2009, 09:06 AM #726
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    What are the most bitchin cars you guys have ever owned?
    Hey Bill, I had a 1956 F100 pick up all cherried out.....It had a 390 motor with a Holly aluminium manifold and 650 Holly 4 barrell carb. It also had a turbo 400 transmission with a B&M shift kit & 9" posi rear end...all the interrior painted black with chrome everywhere...It was nice...I sold it for $3500 to buy a 1973 240z that was In nice shape also with all the window louvers and bra....but its was nothing to compared to the Ford.....I think back and it was another mistake I should never of sold it...Today low value about 25K+...

Im gonna try again with the 1937 Oldsmobile F37 I have in the garage. It has a straight 6 motor with 57240 original miles that starts right up.. Its amazing how the starter and altanator have little caps on them that are oilers..you have to put 10 drops of motor oil in them every 1000 miles.. It also has a mohair interrior , suicide doors and the original 1937 Ohio plate...

anywayl....You all have a good Sunday...We (me and the family) are going to be extras in a movie today at Rockerfeller Center...Its should be fun...Talk at you all later........Tony
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 07-26-2009 at 09:18 AM.

07-26-2009, 11:40 AM #727
    Oh my, now we're talking guitars and cars.

I'm in.

Guitars: I currently have two. First up is my Martin SPD-16 acoustic. It's a 1996 Special Edition (signed by Chris Martin himself) that I bought new. Sounds so good, I don't need another acoustic in my life. Ever.
    Second up is a (cheapie) Fender Squier Strat. I bought the cheapie Squier model because, well, I knew it was going to be an autographed guitar.
    Every member of Little Feat signed the guitar at a concert back in 1997.
    Both are sitting right here in the TV/computer room.

Cars;
    Now we're in my true playground. I grew up drag racing small-block Chevys (Camaro). When I finally started making more than survival money in my 30s, I got into Nissans.
    Bought a 1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R brand new, and turned it into an autocross/track day monster over the last 6-8 years. Roll cage, different engine setups (nitrous, turbocharger, now with a variable valve timing engine I brought over from Japan).
    Used to drag race it and pick off Z/28s, Mustang GTs, Corvettes at the local 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile tracks. Tons of fun.
    I am going to get back into SCCA autocrossing and track days next spring with it. Needs a few things, which hopefully MGLG, BEHL and/or BCLE will pay for over the winter.

Daily driver is a BMW 330Ci, the second Perfect Car in my life. Just love it to death. Needs nothing other than a person to drive it. Took 20 years of working to get it, and I won't let it go. Maybe I'll start modding it one day, but really, the Germans build cars the right way from the beginning.

Built a 1993 Nissan 240sx convertible (very rare) a few years ago. Had it all turbocharged and tons of fun. Everything rebuilt or replaced...new top, new interior, paint, etc. Took all the fun stuff out (except the Wilwood disk brakes on the front) and sold it to my retired parents for 1/2 what I put into it.
    It now resides in North Myrtle Beach, SC as their vacation home convertible for zipping around and running errands. They enjoy it very much. I make trips down there to work on it, make sure everything is running smoothly.

Absolute most bitchin' car (but not very practical) I have owned? Easy.
    2001 Ford F-150 Lightning. Supercharged. Pretty quick, but needed more power to be really stupid fast/quick. Not very practical being a two-seat, 5,500lb, premium-gas-drinking power house.
    But still pretty bitchin' in and of itself.

Maybe I'll post some pics later on. I even have movies from inside the car (SE-R) at the dragstrip and during track days at places like Pocono and Texas World Speedway.
    Last edited by GoHerdGreg; 07-26-2009 at 11:45 AM.

Enthusiast
    07-26-2009, 03:41 PM #728
    Ah CARS! I can't talk much bout stocks, but baby...cars are another thing entirely.

I had the good fortune of having a muscle head father. I was sported around as a child in such street legal hot rods as 68 Chevelle 396, 69 Ford Torino 429 Cobra Jet and 73 triple black 73 Cutlass!

I hit the lottery as I was approaching 16 when my dad (against my mom's stern warnings) thought I should start my driving career in a 72 Grand Prix SJ w/ a mild mannered 455, 4 barrel. That lasted about a month....when I wised up and figured out I was used as a pawn so he could drive the hot rod...lol.

As an adult..it's a sad tale. At an early age I became allergic to car payments so I've only bought one car as an adult, only because my company at the time eliminated co. cars. I bought a scrappy, crappy 89 honda accord that I quickly dumped when I traded jobs for one with a big ol' ford taurus wagon company car..whoohoo. I have developed a fondness for driving company cars....I thought it the perfect Rx for my allergy <wink>.

But alas, one can dream! And the list of my dream cars is Looong. With some luck and help from you guys...these stocks will hit and I'll start crossing names off that dream list.

Have a great Sunday evening and here's to some doubles, triples and future 10 Baggers. Maybe one day we can have an auto show with the cars we buy with our winnings!

Like I said, one can dream!

07-26-2009, 08:08 PM #729
    post up a link to videos if their posted Greg I'd love to see them! My fun car right now is a 2000 mustang GT stroked to 302ci with 10# of boost (procharger) it puts 405rwhp and 425rwtq, its built for 25# of boost (low compression) but my supercharger cant push that much without an impeller swap. Its not crazy fast but it will spin the tires at 70mph on dry pavement if i'm pushin it. I've never ran a sticky tire on it but on street tires its ran 12.6 @ 114 with 2.1 60ft granny shiftin, it should run high 11's on slicks.

Addict
    07-26-2009, 09:32 PM #730
    Hi Team.

Bill, I dont know if you knew this. I didnt until just now, but there is a forum on the spoke that deals only with .0001 stocks. its called

.0001 Picks Only

Search for it and add it to your Favorites there. I could give you a few ideas I think.