Page 53 of 75 ... 343515253545563 ...
    07-23-2009, 04:18 PM #521
    grrr why did SSCCQ go up today? i can't see the TA behind it :S

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 04:29 PM #522
    Whoops, don't know if that last post got sent...

There's not TA everyday for price movements.

But - from a TA standpoint, I always look for support and resistance first - again the list is:

1) price support and resistance
    2) trendlines
    3) classic moving averages
    4) round numbers
    5) pivots
    6) fibonacci's

The more the better in the same spot. So inbetween these, anything can happen, but if you see a trend one way, look for reversal candles there.

In this case, I would call the 0.1 both:
    1) round number resistance
    2) price resistance - see the blue line (ie. using the round number to define it)

Fundamentally, who knows, maybe news went out that they aren't bankrupt.

Anyhoo - see chart:

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 04:36 PM #523
    BPND---- i own 100k free shares that didnt get cleared on my sell. so im just gonna bury them in my portfolio and not even pay attention to the stock.

i am very comfortable with my spec portfolio now. just gonna wait it out for some blue sky breakouts or big runs. now back to grinding some more poker, if i have some decent days i may wire funds to my etrade account and scout some new pinkies. either way im freerolling over half my pink portfolio. i may try to learn options as well. i think thats the next gameplan.

07-23-2009, 04:38 PM #524

Bnpd

Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    well i was interested in bnpd cause they were sponsoring frank mir and i thought possibly he would have there logo on his shorts for ufc 100 but i didnt see bionic anywhere. i have heard they have a good tasting drink but thats from people invested in it who claim to drink it everyday, i dont think any long term investor is going to say their energy drinks suck heh, supposedly they are healthy energy drinks with no sugar so i cant imagine them tasting good but maybe health nuts who want a low calorie zero sugar energy drink will like it.

btw ufc 100 was awesome, people are mad at lesnar but i loved it, what a way tgo end a fight, and bisping getting knocked out was so awesome! cant wait to see grffin vs silva that should be interesting, i think forest will thrown down with silva unlike every1 else who is afraid to strike with him.
    Me too . Was going to flip this on the bump from the exposure from the fight. Holding out till some good news on marketing and distributorships.

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 04:40 PM #525
    Ok boys and girls -

I got killed. AMZN didn't come thru, they beat estimates, but not worth the increase today in PPS.

Lesson relearned -

1) don't hold into earnings without a decent lead - luckily I have some cushion, but I'm going to erase my gains for sure. Little greed there after seeing AAPL's options shoot up to 600% after I sold out. But, then again, I was good in managing the money

2) CNBC and ANY TV broadcasting is an absolute warning of what not to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

They must have done an EXCELLENT pump and dump.

3) Lastly, the other TA, NASDAQ did touch the upper gap, so a turndown was expected. AMZN and MSFT reported, MSFT of course didn't make views - so there you go... NASDAQ will turn around how it should.

Luckily I geared up for it, I dumped my GF's AAPL stock today, and switched it to FSLR. Which, for whatever reason is flying thru the sky AH. I also bought a call for myself, which will likely negate my AMZN loss if I have one.

So - don't ever let me do that again, hahaha!

Oh yeah -

Last lesson -
    The importance of money management to fit your stomach.

I'm not feeling that "rock" in my gut, cause I didn't go into that trade with more than I couldn't barf back up.

So, I'm getting better - you're looking at a former big risk taker in reform.

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 04:41 PM #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Forrest / Silva should be pretty good.
    have to disagree with you. silva's gonna destroy him. but if you mean pretty good = forrest getting really f'ked up, then i agree..

07-23-2009, 05:03 PM #527
    i thought resistance was going to be at .08, i was watching for a while to see if i was right, but i guess with that round number .08 turned into .1

07-23-2009, 05:10 PM #528
    Has anyone here ever purposely sought out a blatant, obvious pump and dump just to sell it short? Ive never sold anything short but im thinking about doing a very small amount of the next one of these pennies that goes on a big run (if i dont own it, that is). I just want to get my feet wet but the profits and losses can move so fast it can be scary!!

Mentor
    07-23-2009, 05:21 PM #529
    Most common brokerages won't let you short stocks under a certain price. I see at scottrade, that they list their margin requirements stopping at $0.01 a share... but not sure where you can initiate. Also, the common ones likely wouldn't be holding shares of pennies to short, so you'd likely have to call in and convince them to get them for you.

If you dig through the blog posts at marketclub.com, there was an article by another person who shorts really cheap stocks. It was within the last 2-3 weeks. There is a current one about shorting rally's but that was written by another guy.

Hope that helps.

Addict
    07-23-2009, 05:28 PM #530

Behl

The important parts of today PR... IMO

Turning green early was nice to hear.
    If we get grant money....WOWOWOWOWOW! That would rocket us up in pps.

BioCentric Energy Holdings, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: BEHL) today announced the company's first closed loop photobioreactor system turned green days ahead of schedule.

Dennis Fisher, BioCentric President & CEO, today announced: "We are ecstatic with the advanced production schedule of this photobioreactor, after the initial flooding of the system we injected dye into the system to test and monitor the flow rate. After satisfactory flow rate date we flushed the system and introduced a Scenedesmus dimorphus ALGAE culture. We projected the strain would be fully harvestable within 12 days of injection, as of yesterday the system was almost 50% through completion of the cycle. At this rate we should be able attain harvest potential by the end of this month. This Scenedesmus dimorphus ALGAE culture type when harvested is typically used for producing clean burning Jet Fuel and Gasoline."

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi..._dimorphus.jpg

Mr. Fisher further commented, "The Department of Energy has allocated over $85M grant money to qualifying companies for ALGAE research directed towards alternative clean burning fuels and energy sources. BioCentric Energy today retained a qualified professional to start the application process for additional ALGAE research and development grant money for the company."

http://www.lawofrenewableenergy.com/articles/biofuels/

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/prog...WHATS_NEW/881/