Page 28 of 75 ... 18262728293038 ...
    Guru
    07-22-2009, 12:01 AM #271
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Barbara boxer aka "the dwarf", made a change to the tax and kill bill!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a7Tl8wCVgVTM
    Those whom want to get into trading C02 credits might want to see this.

Hey Tony, hope your having a good summer!!! Stay away from the political forum LOL!!!
    I have intermittently been reading some of that forum. There are some very good posts there.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 12:06 AM #272

Big Plays

O.K., let's hear the big plays for tomorrow...the cheaper the better!

Hey, anyone that is new and reading here, please feel free to post

The Gang

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 12:11 AM #273
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Got my order filled at 18.00 for SRS this morning, then put in my limit to sell all at 18.50. I was relieved that the trade panned out. I first bought 150 shares at 18.68 thinking it was the bottom, and it was for a few days lol!! Then it flipped around and the high 18 is the new high, so I had no choice but to average down by taking 100 shares at 18.00.

I think I made enough to buy a few pizzas!!

I love these ETF's because of the movement and action going on. But they ae extremely dangerous, especially during earnings, as I have witnessed. I wanted to hold this for a month, and as soon as I got in, all of this news came out saying the recession was over. And all was good.

I know things are not good out there, but people still tend to buy into what they are told without doing their homework. Garbage like that can really screw up your trades, even when you know your right.

That is why I have to agree that pennies are safe right now.

Anyway, CIT was a riot today, have been going through some of the threads on other boards, and WOW what a morning, and then close!!

I see immediately AH it came right back down below a buck, looks like the last trades were on low volume.

I see volume is picking up on SIRI today, not sure what tomorrow will bring for this one. Looking at todays chart, if this continues the big money wants to force it down again. Just my guess!!

Hey Bill, have not taken time to look into QASP yet, if I can I will tonight. Looks like you have it covered from last nights post!!

OK, back to the BS!! trying to figure out tomorrow, tonight.

Oh, yeah, good to see ya here Tony!!!

Good luck out there everyone!!!
    Just getting caught up on all the posts today, flew out of town and back. Difficult to tag on to a post but thought I would here since Dread mentioned CIT - I ended up doing nothing with it yesterday as it didn't come down to where I was comfortable - Looks like it was another wild ride today, I had already decided against playing it .. Last Friday I should have gone with my instincts @ .50 ... That was the time to get in ... Missed it, oh well.

Bill, you did throw me a bit and Shots I can understand ... But MGLG, I guess I am so use to long suffering that this isn't really bothering me all that much, plus I am in too high to bail on it anyway - Still thinking end of the month first part of Aug on the long awaited news, didn't even know about Silken making that comment Bill, it was just a guesstimate, a hope ...

But I am really seriously thinking about bailing on SIRI and will be watching it very closely in Pre on the CC - All depending, but if it hit's that .60-ish mark again ... Certainly the 'overcore' of 4K shares, the rest ... I don't know. My strategy and goal was a buck so I guess I am wavering here a bit. What is keeping me ahead is co. shares that have done pretty well for a variety of reasons, it's going to be my debt. payoff money ... so long in coming I cannot even express ... Just wanted to pop in, so much good converse and help from everyone once again ... It's just a great group

07-22-2009, 12:14 AM #274
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Don't forget Chia Bo (the dog). I liked Bush's dog, Barney. He bit that reporter, lol!

And waiting in the wings, Chia Biden and Chia Pelosi. LOL.
    Now I'm getting silly, must be time for bed.

Have a good night Bill and gang. Hope I've helped a little
    towards your ten thousand views.

Julie

07-22-2009, 12:27 AM #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Just getting caught up on all the posts today, flew out of town and back. Difficult to tag on to a post but thought I would here since Dread mentioned CIT - I ended up doing nothing with it yesterday as it didn't come down to where I was comfortable - Looks like it was another wild ride today, I had already decided against playing it .. Last Friday I should have gone with my instincts @ .50 ... That was the time to get in ... Missed it, oh well.

Bill, you did throw me a bit and Shots I can understand ... But MGLG, I guess I am so use to long suffering that this isn't really bothering me all that much, plus I am in too high to bail on it anyway - Still thinking end of the month first part of Aug on the long awaited news, didn't even know about Silken making that comment Bill, it was just a guesstimate, a hope ...

But I am really seriously thinking about bailing on SIRI and will be watching it very closely in Pre on the CC - All depending, but if it hit's that .60-ish mark again ... Certainly the 'overcore' of 4K shares, the rest ... I don't know. My strategy and goal was a buck so I guess I am wavering here a bit. What is keeping me ahead is co. shares that have done pretty well for a variety of reasons, it's going to be my debt. payoff money ... so long in coming I cannot even express ... Just wanted to pop in, so much good converse and help from everyone once again ... It's just a great group
    Hey Los, hope you dont mind the short name, I am on the short bus lol!!

I will tell you this about CIT, I was plugging in my orders this morning on the open. Trading was halted for a bit. Then CIT tanked down to .75.
    Then shot back up, a lot of panic and fear was floating around, I could barely stomach it.
    I give a lot of credit o those who played it. I was staring at it when it was below the SIRI price. I just did not have the balls to jump in. We know it could have gone either way over the weekend.

Good luck out there Los!!!

07-22-2009, 12:30 AM #276
    O.K., let's hear the big plays for tomorrow...the cheaper the better!

Hey, anyone that is new and reading here, please feel free to post

The Gang
    Some chatter on CDHI, I know nothing!!

Yeah, Bill, I have had it debating with the drones over there, I need to focus on other stuff. Its like talking to a brick wall, pointless!!

Guru
    07-22-2009, 12:35 AM #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post

Hey Tib,

I have my moments of weakness and misunderstanding and doubt. Sorry to throw you off. I am hanging. Shots was very smart, he was running on free shares, however, I was not. I am into it with cash (BFD), but now my anxiety is over, I will hang with the gang.

I am just doing my best to be up front with everyone. Shots might get back in if all is good. I am at 100% profit right now and thought I could at least get out with that, but I will wait it out. It has to go back up.

That was my reasoning.

God knows that I am not a Linus Pauling... When I was in college I had to take tons of chemistry. I was the world's shittiest inorganic chemist. On top of that, my professor had a severe pneumonia and didn't show up except for about 4 days a quarter to administer tests. I had to take three years of his classes and that is all that he showed up...I swear. He would have a note pasted on the door as what we should do and our assignment and test dates. When test day came, I would take all my books, notes and cheat sheets in with me to do the tests. He never said a word to me about it and I still barely passed with a "C". We had to teach ourselves chemistry. The last day of the third year, during finals, I said, "Dr. Chapman, could we go outside for a minute? I have something to ask you." He said, "Sure, Bill". We were into the first 15 minutes of the final and I asked him, "Dr. Chapman, you know that I will never be a Linus Pauling...I would appreciate it if you gave me a "C" for the quarter and I will eternally grateful." He told me, "No problem, Bill." I went up to the local tavern while everyone else was taking the test and got hammered. Those were the only "C's" that I ever got in college.

I am a great organic chemist though! I was an all star! Straight A's. The reason was that I was weaker in math with inorganic chemistry. I took it on too soon.

Enough of that story..........

I am still into MGLG for a while.

Guru
    07-22-2009, 12:45 AM #278
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    And waiting in the wings, Chia Biden and Chia Pelosi. LOL.
    Now I'm getting silly, must be time for bed.

Have a good night Bill and gang. Hope I've helped a little
    towards your ten thousand views.

Julie
    Every little bit helps, thanks for being a community organizer! Have a great night and thanks for your presence here. It was refreshing!

Enthusiast
    07-22-2009, 12:52 AM #279
    BTW, I've still got BELH, OCNF, BCLE (got more yesterday). AND I'm holding 1 that concerns me.....EVFL, some crazy things going on lately, a lot of selling going on. Will you look @ that one and give me your take on it. Does anyone else here hold EVFL?

Thanks Bill!

Gi Gi [/QUOTE]

just got caught up on the posts, been holding 1mm of EVFL @.0002 for a couple of weeks now, GL , might add to it, haven't decided for now, dry powder running low

Mentor
    07-22-2009, 01:44 AM #280
    Every word that Tony said it true. I can't even remember all of the stocks that we bought and sold......and did we buy them cheap!

FREE for .65 I actually didn't buy it initially, because I thought it was too cheap and it scared me. I decided to give it a shot and it went up so fast the next day I couldn't catch it.

That is why I try to be smarter and display more patience now. As a lot of you know, I failed at the combination of patience and logic today with MGLG. I went to sell it and it didn't execute, so I still own it.

Now I have to make a decision and so far Dave's suggestion has been the best.

I am thinking...and it is difficult sometimes to make a decision with a stock. This is a timing issue more than anything else..

I am willing to listen to anybody here with any ideas on MGLG.

Hey, has anybody seen that chiaobama on T.V.? I thought it was a joke at first...I was cracking up and then it turned out to be a real product! Obama with Green and growing hair! Does anybody know the stock symbol for that?
    if you hate the company unload it all. if you dont hate the company keep the free shares and take your original cash... a sale at .0005 is more likely than .0006 so i wouldnt risk keeping a gtc order at .0006 all day tomorrow. if it doesnt fill early i would just get em off at .0005 because the 4's may be coming soon and not worth to risk . maybe tomorrow or the day after -- i dont know how long the 6's will hold up besides if you cant unload at 6's its a fake 6.and .0005 would be the real price., but with no news its def coming. IMO .. hope people give their opinion also , real interested to hear how others would play this out.

Page 28 of 75 ... 18262728293038 ...