Page 68 of 75 ... 18586667686970 ...
    07-24-2009, 04:10 PM #671

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Too funny ... was just about to say that there was a guy over on Satwaves that makes these as well - Good to see you over here as well, it's a great place. You guy's are making me feel a lot better today knowing that I am still a few ticks behind you on the old fart ladder ... Billy, all your mentions and even some of Bill's - When I was a kid and everything was about the Partridge Family, The Osmond's, Jackson 5 and Bobby Sherman we had some neighbors (who were not allowed anywhere near) who used to crank up Zep, Skynyrd, Sabbath, Santana ..etc. So I was indoctrinated at a pretty early age. First 2 records were 24 Carat Purple (Deep Purple) and Lynyrd Skynyrd Pronounced. Not long after, Montrose and some of the older guy's I hung out with got me educated on real guitar players ala Michael Schenker via UFO and even the very early, early Scorpions - Those guy's had a half a dozen albums long before they ever were noticed over here in the states - The double live album ... wore that thing out. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 albums and would by one for a riff even if the rest of it was worthless ... I just recently gave my stepsons friend all my old guitar mags, hundreds of them from the main 3 ... It was kind of weird to let them go, but hadn't and still haven't played much in recent years and this kid ... man, he could go somewhere, got natural chops and a dedication at his age ... He sat in my living room one day nailing Eruption and I told him, dude, you want some old guitar mags?

I could go on forever ... Old Rush, all the Hair Metal Bands - The boy's Metallica .. Back to Pagey, Hendrix, Beck even saw John Lee Hooker when he was old then 20 some odd years ago - Johnny Winter, SRV - Saw Molly Hatchet in a rowdy bar out here ... Those guy's were giants! Figured if things got out of hand I knew where I was heading ... Tons of concerts .. It was my life for many years and my goal to be in a rocking band touring the world . .. Then reality set in and ... Maybe some day Billy like when this gambling stock siri ever hit's I will put in an order for a replica of my baby - It's a black Randy Rhoads V, one of the first hundred made.

OMG , I think I just had a flashback

Hope everyone is doing well today , thanks all for throwing out the welcome mat . Looks like you have a good group of people that hang out here. It's a welcome change for me as far as stock forums go because on most I just listen and learn because I am pretty green at trading. I like the more relaxed atmosphere here where even us dumbasses might be able to get in a post or two .

Guru
    07-24-2009, 04:24 PM #672
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    OMG , I think I just had a flashback

Hope everyone is doing well today , thanks all for throwing out the welcome mat . Looks like you have a good group of people that hang out here. It's a welcome change for me as far as stock forums go because on most I just listen and learn because I am pretty green at trading. I like the more relaxed atmosphere here where even us dumbasses might be able to get in a post or two .
    Hey Billy,

How's it going today? We spent all working hard to buy EVFL and then by the end of the day there weren't any bids. About 2.5 billion traded shares. Now I go look at level two and it says 1,999,998 for the volume and a TON of afterhours form T's.

Does anyone have a clue?
    Last edited by billhart22; 07-24-2009 at 04:33 PM.

07-24-2009, 04:49 PM #673

Ifsl

Well , my only excitement for the day , had a feeling IFSL was gonna pull back and was gonna sell first thing this morning for a $600.00 one day profit and buy back lower but got sidetracked and didn't get it sold . Luckily I am still in the green but not by as much . I am sure it will work it's way back up though , I plan on holding this one for awhile.

Addict
    07-24-2009, 07:39 PM #674
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    Well , my only excitement for the day , had a feeling IFSL was gonna pull back and was gonna sell first thing this morning for a $600.00 one day profit and buy back lower but got sidetracked and didn't get it sold . Luckily I am still in the green but not by as much . I am sure it will work it's way back up though , I plan on holding this one for awhile.
    No worries BTR. This was a fully expected pullback. Your attempted sell and rebuy was strategically a smart move. Too bad it didnt work out, but no real loss. We will continue back up when the buyback PR comes out.

07-24-2009, 08:04 PM #675
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Billy,

How's it going today? We spent all working hard to buy EVFL and then by the end of the day there weren't any bids. About 2.5 billion traded shares. Now I go look at level two and it says 1,999,998 for the volume and a TON of afterhours form T's.

Does anyone have a clue?
    Bill thats a ton of after hours trades for a penny stock

Form T
    What Does Form T Mean?
    A form required by the NASD for reporting an equity trade executed after normal market hours.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/formt.asp

Guru
    07-24-2009, 08:24 PM #676
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    Bill thats a ton of after hours trades for a penny stock

Form T
    What Does Form T Mean?
    A form required by the NASD for reporting an equity trade executed after normal market hours.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/formt.asp
    Ray,

I just couldn't believe it...what was up with that? Plus the volume decreased...what's up with that, because even with the form t's it didn't add up to 1,999,998...do you have any ideas with what was going on?

There is something here that I don't understand.

I knew what a form T was, but that info is great for others that wonder what it is.

07-24-2009, 09:40 PM #677
    Bill ,evfl traded a pile of shrs today ...when they did not show a bid this afternoon it freaked folks out ...then the trades came through after close...
    it might take a day or two to get over it emotionally, but its a doubler
    I dont have the time to play the game so I am just going to leave my bait in the water for the big one...lol

Guru
    07-24-2009, 10:24 PM #678
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    Bill ,evfl traded a pile of shrs today ...when they did not show a bid this afternoon it freaked folks out ...then the trades came through after close...
    it might take a day or two to get over it emotionally, but its a doubler
    I dont have the time to play the game so I am just going to leave my bait in the water for the big one...lol
    I am not worried about no bid thing anymore or the stock in the least. I just couldn't figure out the math. Oh well, thanks for all of your help and thanks for helping me make a good pick. I appreciate your opinion and insight as always.

Have a great night!

Mentor
    07-24-2009, 11:34 PM #679

Options 001

Hi -

Going to get started with options 001 (I would call it options 101, but since my experience is limited, it's closer to options 001, or maybe even options 0001.

Dave

Guru
    07-24-2009, 11:38 PM #680
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Too funny ... was just about to say that there was a guy over on Satwaves that makes these as well - Good to see you over here as well, it's a great place. You guy's are making me feel a lot better today knowing that I am still a few ticks behind you on the old fart ladder ... Billy, all your mentions and even some of Bill's - When I was a kid and everything was about the Partridge Family, The Osmond's, Jackson 5 and Bobby Sherman we had some neighbors (who were not allowed anywhere near) who used to crank up Zep, Skynyrd, Sabbath, Santana ..etc. So I was indoctrinated at a pretty early age. First 2 records were 24 Carat Purple (Deep Purple) and Lynyrd Skynyrd Pronounced. Not long after, Montrose and some of the older guy's I hung out with got me educated on real guitar players ala Michael Schenker via UFO and even the very early, early Scorpions - Those guy's had a half a dozen albums long before they ever were noticed over here in the states - The double live album ... wore that thing out. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 albums and would by one for a riff even if the rest of it was worthless ... I just recently gave my stepsons friend all my old guitar mags, hundreds of them from the main 3 ... It was kind of weird to let them go, but hadn't and still haven't played much in recent years and this kid ... man, he could go somewhere, got natural chops and a dedication at his age ... He sat in my living room one day nailing Eruption and I told him, dude, you want some old guitar mags?

I could go on forever ... Old Rush, all the Hair Metal Bands - The boy's Metallica .. Back to Pagey, Hendrix, Beck even saw John Lee Hooker when he was old then 20 some odd years ago - Johnny Winter, SRV - Saw Molly Hatchet in a rowdy bar out here ... Those guy's were giants! Figured if things got out of hand I knew where I was heading ... Tons of concerts .. It was my life for many years and my goal to be in a rocking band touring the world . .. Then reality set in and ... Maybe some day Billy like when this gambling stock siri ever hit's I will put in an order for a replica of my baby - It's a black Randy Rhoads V, one of the first hundred made.
    I saw Montrose as the warm-up band for Stephen Stills. Stephen Stills just sat in a chair up on stage drinking Jack Daniels until he could hardly talk and he was bragging how great he was. My friends and I got up and left.

I have seen Santana, Johnny Winter and JIMMY HENDRIX a month and a half before he OD'd. John Lee Hooker would be wonderful. I, like yourself, used to live for concerts. To hell with the food, as long as we had alcohol and some whatever, we were fine. After all, it was the 60's and 70's.

Now to the top subject...Your Randy Rhoads V. One of the first 100 made. It is worth a fortune! Wow! They are such bad ass axes and to have one like that is really something to be proud of. Are you the original owner? Is it possible to post a pic of it?

Every now and then I run across a K.K. Downing Hamer V. There are a few floating around (One's he actually owned). I would love to get one. I have had the chance before, but couldn't justify the cash at the time. I love Glenn Tipton's guitars also. I love that Phantom of his. I am a big Judas Priest freak.
    Last edited by billhart22; 07-24-2009 at 11:49 PM.

Page 68 of 75 ... 18586667686970 ...