Page 3 of 4 1234
    Guru
    07-20-2009, 02:15 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John.those next 20 years of economic success were based on Deficit expansion,not trickle down,Remember junk bond scandal,S&L scandal to name a few..in the 80's that happened and the 90's was Enron and others.the 2000's was sub prime and CDS's and high leveraged risk taking with Deficit exploding....
    As for SS,yes your right about life expectancy getting longer,but the surplus was borrowed with IOU's and spent on 4 wars,WW11,Korean,Vietnam and This war...We can even give IOU's anymore,that is how bad it is..it was alweays seperate from the Budget until first Reagan merged it a little andf Bush 1 made it official to cover up the real deficit..
    Now it is a real Ponzi scheme,when before it wasn't...

Those are some good points.

I will leave you (mainly everyone who doesn't get it yet) with this though if what the government health plan that the democrats in Congress want you to have is so great, then why is it that the Senate side of the bill exempts congress members from it.

People better start to ask themselves if it is so great then why would the people writting the bill want to exempt themselves from it.

Common sense people, common F-ing sense.

Addict
    07-20-2009, 02:44 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post

I will leave you (mainly everyone who doesn't get it yet) with this though if what the government health plan that the democrats in Congress want you to have is so great, then why is it that the Senate side of the bill exempts congress members from it.

People better start to ask themselves if it is so great then why would the people writting the bill want to exempt themselves from it.

Can you show me in the Senate legislation where it says that?

Have we heard your solution to the health care problem yet?
    What legislation do you support? Please be specific. And please dont say the status quo!

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 03:06 PM #23

John,that is no surprise,Congress is exempt from most laws they pass..
    Healthcare,pension are best in the world,Banking laws,remember that scandal with house bank, and exempt from the draft when it was in...ETC...
    Why is it that when the gov't goes into debt for the rich or poor,no one hardly complains ,but if it helps the middle class the boogie monster of Big gov't comes out....Make no mistake about it,SSI,Healthcare and lobby reforms help the middle class which in turn helps all..that is why they are the 3rd rail of politics...up until 2001 if your president and congress wanted to raise the debt ceiling from 3 trillion to 7 trillion to solve these problems everyone wouild have come out of the woodwork to yell and protest,but if we had, those problems would have been solved and still been able to fund the war,instead of doing it to pay off the rich with this banking wall street scandal..and bailing out numerous other problems yet unseen..
    So my reasoning is lets get all the deficit on the table and then fix this stuff,then raise taxes and balance this budget and new economicgrowth will take care of the deficit slowly in 30 years just like a mortgage..

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 03:22 PM #24
    John,if you or anyone else is wondering why Corporate america has all of a sudden jumped in and said they would cover Healthcare for everyone,it is because the plan is to take it away from all companies and make it up to each individual to get their own insurance or join Medicare,now why is corp being so friendly,because they would lose a big write off for corp profits and either have to pay higher salaries to cover healthcare,which by the way means more SSI taxes they would have to pay in match and individual taxpayers would be able to deduct their premiums in full instead of current method after 7,5% of adjusted gross income which no one really reaches.
    so gov't gives up 15% tax in deductuions and gets higher corp taxes to replace it...now you see why corp wants controll of healthcare..

Guru
    07-20-2009, 09:03 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John,if you or anyone else is wondering why Corporate america has all of a sudden jumped in and said they would cover Healthcare for everyone,it is because the plan is to take it away from all companies and make it up to each individual to get their own insurance or join Medicare,now why is corp being so friendly,because they would lose a big write off for corp profits and either have to pay higher salaries to cover healthcare,which by the way means more SSI taxes they would have to pay in match and individual taxpayers would be able to deduct their premiums in full instead of current method after 7,5% of adjusted gross income which no one really reaches.
    so gov't gives up 15% tax in deductuions and gets higher corp taxes to replace it...now you see why corp wants controll of healthcare..

johnny, large companies used to love the idea of government health care because then they wont have to pay for it. The proplem they are having with this plan is they are starting to see that they will, just in the form of higher taxes.

Mentor
    07-20-2009, 10:44 PM #26
    johnny, large companies used to love the idea of government health care because then they wont have to pay for it. The proplem they are having with this plan is they are starting to see that they will, just in the form of higher taxes.
    At this point in my life John,would rather see them pay higher taxes than steal it in form of options,pay and other nefarious ways we've seen them steal it from shareholders and investors..If they make a profit they should pay taxes,everyone else does,what makes them special?And don't give me R&D and CAPEX,because they already have tax free mechanism's set up for that.Problem is the just hoard it like Google and Microsoft and pay no taxes or reinvest it in the company,right now the corp. cash funds are at 300% of any recorded high time in history..

07-20-2009, 11:23 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Can you show me in the Senate legislation where it says that?

Have we heard your solution to the health care problem yet?
    What legislation do you support? Please be specific. And please dont say the status quo!
    The president is barnstorming the nation, urging swift approval of legislation that is taking shape in Congress. This legislation -- the Affordable Health Choices Act that's being drafted by Sen. Edward Kennedy's staff and the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee -- will push Americans into stingy insurance plans with tight, HMO-style controls. It specifically exempts members of Congress (along with federal employees; the exemptions are in section 3116).
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124536864955329439.html

If you people think that this is health care reform, you are mistaken.

Its about destroying your freedom to choose.

And if I am going to here complaints about insurance premiums, then why doesn't berry reform "tort"?? (I posted this earlier, you people really need to learn how to read, and start with tort reform!!)

He won't, its not his agenda, his agenda is for a single payer government run system. There will be rationing, and denial of health care services!!

Also, what is more important, your $100.00+ iphone bill each month? Or your health insurance?

This bill is not a solution, it will be a disaster.

Addict
    07-21-2009, 01:48 AM #28
    So what is your solution?
    The present situation is a a disaster.

07-21-2009, 02:49 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    So what is your solution?
    The present situation is a a disaster.
    Repeal medicare

Repeal medicaid

Stop ambulance chasers, again for the 3rd time TORT!!! reform!!!

Ever since FDR's "New Deal" back in the 1940's everything has gone down hill. Government needs to get out of the way and let the free markets compete. The more competition you have in a free market system, the lower the prices will be, including health insurance.

Having government grow, and eliminate competition will be a huge mistake.

My question to everyone here:

If the government gets there single payer plan through, were does all of the money from the private insurers end up?

Because they have to have a huge amount of money built up in their coffers already, to protect against frivolous lawsuits.

Who gets that money, that every private citizen has paid into once they lose their private coverage, do to job lose or policy?

Again, everyone I have talked to does not consider the current situation to be a disaster. berry is just making it out to be perceived this way. Boston is a disaster, Oregon is a disaster, soon the rest of the country except Arizona, so far.

I pay 100.00 a month, less than a iphone bill.

Again its not perfect, but its still the best, no reason to destroy it unless you are a fascist.
    Last edited by dread; 07-21-2009 at 02:53 AM.

Addict
    07-21-2009, 09:48 AM #30
    No mention of Insurance companies? Priceless
    It is called Health care INSURANCE.
    Even Insurance companies are negotiating with the Obama administration.
    You want to stop programs that the overwhelming % of people and
    experts believe are working pretty well. Priceless.

From what i understand there is NO single payer program being discussed.
    So why talk about it?
    Personally i favor a single payer program.

Page 3 of 4 1234