Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Polls show support for public option for health care

  1. #11
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    I will throw my hat into this ring!!!

    Question 1, and its a loaded question!!
    Everyone should have access to affordable health insurance, its not a RIGHT. Destroying the private sector and individual liberty/choice is not the answer.
    To answer question 2, it is my personal opinion to reform Tort, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort_reform
    The ambulance chasers are driving up health insurance costs in my humble opinion.

    Question 3, absolutely NO!! Its Unconstitutional on a national level, if individual states want to enact the policy, and I don't agree with it. I should have the option to move to a state that is more friendly to me. So yes and no, its a state issue!!!! I frown upon states that enact these policies. Federalism is how this country is suppose to function, not totalitarianism.

    Medicare/medicaid
    Both are bankrupt along with social security, we have all paid into these programs that have devolved into scams. Ponzi schemes are all these add up to. As an American, I know how to spend my money much better and more efficiently, than this tryanny that has been thrust upon us by a 52.3% vote.

    Why doesn't this current administration fix, or attempt to fix medicare/medicaid before destroying the private sector?

    Because the current administration wants to destroy the private sector, its not about fixing anything, its about destroying individuals liberties!!

    I smell a drone here with the loaded questions!!!

    If your not, then prove it!!!

    There is nothing WRONG with our health care system, it is far from perfect but, it is the best by far in the world!!! That is why people from around the world come here to be treated!!!!
    Dread,not a drone at all,just someone who is 50 years old and paying $1417 a month for BLUE Cross for family of 3 and i am a results oriented person,meaning i've heard your arguments since Reagan years and they clearly don't work..Medicare is the best run Gov't program ever created in this country,it actually works,as i can attest to by my parents..They pay $450 a month and they are in the high end user market,meaning all insurance rates are based on what and how much treatment you will suck out of the pool of insured,now medicare is not going broke,Medicaid is driving that,this is why they broke it down into 2 seperate payroll deductions from your pay.
    The purpose of my high monthly premium is based on me paying more now so that when i get older and use and need more care it balances out,but guess what,i'll never collect off of BC because i'll be in Medicare...So now the insurance companies,which most are suppose to be non-profit with major tax breaks,are sitting on a pile of cash and raising premiums to unsustainable rates..They also tried to switch to for-profit to get that cash before the gov't plan goes into effect..
    You are correct about the care being the best in the world,but it is the institution of delivering the payment for it that is broken..
    do iwant gov't controlled heathcare,NO WAY,but the bully pulpit of gov't is what is needed to get some kind of national rates for everyone to be covered.
    it is Bankrupting the states, cities and corporate world...
    Don't have all the answers,but something radical needs to happen soon or the financial crissis of last 2 years will seem like a minor rain storm IMHO.

  2. #12
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Dread,not a drone at all,just someone who is 50 years old and paying $1417 a month for BLUE Cross for family of 3 and i am a results oriented person,meaning i've heard your arguments since Reagan years and they clearly don't work..Medicare is the best run Gov't program ever created in this country,it actually works,as i can attest to by my parents..They pay $450 a month and they are in the high end user market,meaning all insurance rates are based on what and how much treatment you will suck out of the pool of insured,now medicare is not going broke,Medicaid is driving that,this is why they broke it down into 2 seperate payroll deductions from your pay.
    The purpose of my high monthly premium is based on me paying more now so that when i get older and use and need more care it balances out,but guess what,i'll never collect off of BC because i'll be in Medicare...So now the insurance companies,which most are suppose to be non-profit with major tax breaks,are sitting on a pile of cash and raising premiums to unsustainable rates..They also tried to switch to for-profit to get that cash before the gov't plan goes into effect..
    You are correct about the care being the best in the world,but it is the institution of delivering the payment for it that is broken..
    do iwant gov't controlled heathcare,NO WAY,but the bully pulpit of gov't is what is needed to get some kind of national rates for everyone to be covered.
    it is Bankrupting the states, cities and corporate world...
    Don't have all the answers,but something radical needs to happen soon or the financial crissis of last 2 years will seem like a minor rain storm IMHO.




    Medicare and Medicaid are linked weather you like it or not they are. They are worse off then then SS, they are estimated to go broke before SS.

  3. #13
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Well I see dread did a nice job but I will put it in my own words because you deserve the time.

    1.) HELL NO, I mean my god man, if you work at any store, gas station or Mc donalds you can get resonable heath insurance at a resonable cost from your employer. I should not even have to get into the 20 million illegals, (by the way that 20 million illegals is part of that 45 million figure you keep hearing about that is not covered by health insurance) that is included that will get covered by this fiasco the Obama administration and democratic Congress is trying to push down our throats. I just have to ask how much cheapper do you think it will be for you if they include 20 million to the rolls that never paid for it and never will? How much better is the care going to be when those 20 million start to overwhelm the system.


    My point there is if you dont have heath insurance then you are a dead beat and dont contribute to the system to begin with or you have chosen not purchace the insurance from your employer or you are a dumbshit that cant fill out the required paper work to be covered by the S-CHIP, Medicare/Medicaid programs. Did you know that it is not the 45 million that is not insured when you take out the 20 million illegals, the 8.5 million that can afford it but chose not to purchase it, 7.5 million of people that cant fill out the paper work the right way or just dont, I guess have the time to get it from the various government sources already avalible. It is really more like 9 million uninsured. That number would go down even more if we include the homeless, drug addicts and what not.


    As for health care everyone does have it. It is illegal for hospitals to turn away people with heath issues. Every one including the illegals if hit by a car or whatnot will get hospital care.



    2.) This is a moot point justy look at number 1s answer.


    3.) Yes, because you have to hold people to account for there actions if you are poor and hit or kill someone then at least the person or the family is not hit twice. There has to be some kind of safe guards to the victums. There is a difference when you effect someone elses life. Driving is not a right. If you cant afford the cost of driving then you should not be driving.


    4.) Both of them are good examples of what will happen to the heath care system in this country if we let the government get their hands on it. I think Nothing more needs to be said on that.
    John,don't know where you get your numbers from but not everyone with out heath insurance is a deadbeat or too stupid to file chip,medicaid claims..
    I know quite a few people who lost their jobs in the last year who had to either drop it or take inferior coverage to get by..Mcdonalds,gas stations,or stores,if they do have coverage it is a rip off,seen some of those plans,they cost about 400to700 a month for basically 15K to 25K a year and then you pay the rest,one child or major illness and your BK and Homeless...
    The insurance companies are ripping this country off and control congress,that is the problem in my eyes..As said not in Favor of Gov't healthcare but rather a mandatory system set up for rates..IMHO
    Don't have near enough info to solve this problem but it NEEDS to be fixed soon,and tired of the same 30 yr argument,results are what matters and your way of thinking and used to be mine as well,don't didn't and never will work..
    the evidence is in,just llike trickle down economics,facts are in.a sham...

  4. #14
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Medicare and Medicaid are linked weather you like it or not they are. They are worse off then then SS, they are estimated to go broke before SS.
    The easy fix is everyone is in Medicare and medicaid stops being a plan,the rates are spread out by actuaries,as insurance is suppose to be done and all the non-profit plans in existance like BC BS, and others stay the same and compete,you know that old american principle of free market,with each other for customers with better customer service and healthcare..not hard to do at all if forced to compete for rates,hold down costs,you know like all corporate america is supposed to do in a free market..

  5. #15
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    John ask anybody on Medicare and not one person will complain,my parents love it,they supplement it for RX and better coverage as allowed and go to see any doctor they want in any state....
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 07-19-2009 at 11:25 AM.

  6. #16
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John,don't know where you get your numbers from but not everyone with out heath insurance is a deadbeat or too stupid to file chip,medicaid claims..
    I know quite a few people who lost their jobs in the last year who had to either drop it or take inferior coverage to get by..Mcdonalds,gas stations,or stores,if they do have coverage it is a rip off,seen some of those plans,they cost about 400to700 a month for basically 15K to 25K a year and then you pay the rest,one child or major illness and your BK and Homeless...
    The insurance companies are ripping this country off and control congress,that is the problem in my eyes..As said not in Favor of Gov't healthcare but rather a mandatory system set up for rates..IMHO
    Don't have near enough info to solve this problem but it NEEDS to be fixed soon,and tired of the same 30 yr argument,results are what matters and your way of thinking and used to be mine as well,don't didn't and never will work..
    the evidence is in,just llike trickle down economics,facts are in.a sham...



    No your right and if you look at my figures again you will see there is about 9 million people that slip through the cracks. Listen for all the people that lost their jobs S-CHIP covers all their children. Hell if the democrats had there way last year kids 26 years old with their own kids could all have been covered through S-CHIP. As for the the Kroger and Meijer jobs yes it is about 100 to 150 a week for family coverage and that covers alot yes you may have to pay 20% of cost up to 3500 in a year before it is totally covered, that being said what more do you want. Those are two piece of shit jobs that any dumbfck can get.



    As for trickle down economics what do you think gave us the next 20 years of the kind of economy that we had, I can tell you right now it was not the 1st. Bush and it wasn't Clinton.

  7. #17
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    The easy fix is everyone is in Medicare and medicaid stops being a plan,the rates are spread out by actuaries,as insurance is suppose to be done and all the non-profit plans in existance like BC BS, and others stay the same and compete,you know that old american principle of free market,with each other for customers with better customer service and healthcare..not hard to do at all if forced to compete for rates,hold down costs,you know like all corporate america is supposed to do in a free market..


    The answer is stop giving it to every motherfricker that comes down the pike. Do you know that SS actually made money and was running a surplus? do you know why the surplus is now a debt? I tell you, it is because Congress started to give it to everyone. I have seen example after example of people that are on SS and should not be on it. I mean my god ADD is now good enough to collect, PTD is also good enough to collect. Holy crap when does it stop.

  8. #18
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John ask anybody on Medicare and not one person will complain,my parents love it,they supplement it for RX and better coverage as allowed and go to see any doctor they want in any state....

    Thats because they have all the money from the right people that have put into the system and took out all the ones I just talked about out. Make no mistake though they will have to take money from Medicare for Medicaid again which will only go so far in the end. A solution is what I told you before. We are based on capitalism, SS was never ment to cover full retirement. In the begining few if any were really suppose to live long enough to get it. If you dont believe me take a look at the expected life span when SS first started and the age at which people could start to collect. That is the reason they actually ran a surplus in the beginning.

  9. #19
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No your right and if you look at my figures again you will see there is about 9 million people that slip through the cracks. Listen for all the people that lost their jobs S-CHIP covers all their children. Hell if the democrats had there way last year kids 26 years old with their own kids could all have been covered through S-CHIP. As for the the Kroger and Meijer jobs yes it is about 100 to 150 a week for family coverage and that covers alot yes you may have to pay 20% of cost up to 3500 in a year before it is totally covered, that being said what more do you want. Those are two piece of shit jobs that any dumbfck can get.



    As for trickle down economics what do you think gave us the next 20 years of the kind of economy that we had, I can tell you right now it was not the 1st. Bush and it wasn't Clinton.
    John.those next 20 years of economic success were based on Deficit expansion,not trickle down,Remember junk bond scandal,S&L scandal to name a few..in the 80's that happened and the 90's was Enron and others.the 2000's was sub prime and CDS's and high leveraged risk taking with Deficit exploding....
    As for SS,yes your right about life expectancy getting longer,but the surplus was borrowed with IOU's and spent on 4 wars,WW11,Korean,Vietnam and This war...We can even give IOU's anymore,that is how bad it is..it was alweays seperate from the Budget until first Reagan merged it a little andf Bush 1 made it official to cover up the real deficit..
    Now it is a real Ponzi scheme,when before it wasn't...

  10. #20
    dread is offline
    Senior Member
    dread's Avatar
    Joined: Jan 2009 Location: Chicago Posts: 454
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Dread,not a drone at all,just someone who is 50 years old and paying $1417 a month for BLUE Cross for family of 3 and i am a results oriented person,meaning i've heard your arguments since Reagan years and they clearly don't work..Medicare is the best run Gov't program ever created in this country,it actually works,as i can attest to by my parents..They pay $450 a month and they are in the high end user market,meaning all insurance rates are based on what and how much treatment you will suck out of the pool of insured,now medicare is not going broke,Medicaid is driving that,this is why they broke it down into 2 seperate payroll deductions from your pay.
    The purpose of my high monthly premium is based on me paying more now so that when i get older and use and need more care it balances out,but guess what,i'll never collect off of BC because i'll be in Medicare...So now the insurance companies,which most are suppose to be non-profit with major tax breaks,are sitting on a pile of cash and raising premiums to unsustainable rates..They also tried to switch to for-profit to get that cash before the gov't plan goes into effect..
    You are correct about the care being the best in the world,but it is the institution of delivering the payment for it that is broken..
    do iwant gov't controlled heathcare,NO WAY,but the bully pulpit of gov't is what is needed to get some kind of national rates for everyone to be covered.
    it is Bankrupting the states, cities and corporate world...
    Don't have all the answers,but something radical needs to happen soon or the financial crissis of last 2 years will seem like a minor rain storm IMHO.
    I apologize, had a rough weekend and I forgot to get some food into my belly last night. Low blood sugar I guess.

    Sometimes I just lose it, so I take it all back about the drone comment.

    Have good week people!!!

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •