Addict
    07-17-2009, 09:44 AM #1

Polls show support for public option for health care

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...barack-obamas/

Fire away guys.
    Let me see your polls Just Sirius.

Addict
    07-17-2009, 09:50 AM #2
    As you can see I led off with the most critical analysis of an ad related to the polls on the public option. Read the very bottom where they talk about
    the new Cbs/Nytimes poll. I will now actually post polls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/he...poll.html?_r=1

Just Sirius where are your polls?

Another poll this time from NBC/WALL STREET JOURNAL in case you
    want to claim a CBS/NYTIMES poll can't be accurate.

Remember guys we are talking about a public OPTION. Meaning you still get to keep your private health care if you wish. Good ole fashion American competition.

Have a great weekend!

Addict
    07-17-2009, 01:21 PM #3
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_217175.html

Here is THAT NBC/WALL ST. JOURNAL poll.

07-18-2009, 01:22 AM #4

I got your pole right here!!

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...barack-obamas/

Fire away guys.
    Let me see your polls Just Sirius.
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...urance_company

Oh, yeah!! And according to the CBO, Your emperor has no clothes!!!
    http://cboblog.cbo.gov/?p=328

Guru
    07-18-2009, 01:37 PM #5
    dread, and we dont even get into the questions that are asked in the polls that the twit likes to show. I have to ask how many people would be in favor of this if they knew that once they leave their old policy then they cannot get a new one but will be forced into the governments program. I would like to see what the percentage of people that would be infavor if asked do you want to be forced into the governments program? That is the problem with these polls, it is the questions asked and the ONLY answers that can be given in them.

07-18-2009, 04:22 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    As you can see I led off with the most critical analysis of an ad related to the polls on the public option. Read the very bottom where they talk about
    the new Cbs/Nytimes poll. I will now actually post polls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/he...poll.html?_r=1

Just Sirius where are your polls?

Another poll this time from NBC/WALL STREET JOURNAL in case you
    want to claim a CBS/NYTIMES poll can't be accurate.

Remember guys we are talking about a public OPTION. Meaning you still get to keep your private health care if you wish. Good ole fashion American competition.

Have a great weekend!

American competition? Do you really think that government provided health care is going to promote competition? Government health care can run in the red and has little to worry about costs. Private health care does not have this advantage. So ultimately you have government health care destroying the private sector due to having an unfair advantage. Hardly a competitive system...

Mentor
    07-18-2009, 04:25 PM #7
    John,i'm an independent Republican leaning centrist and want to ask a couple of questions before i give my opinion on so called National Healthcare.

1.Do you think everyone should have Healthcare?

2.How would you accomplish this goal, if so.?

3.Do you agree with state legislatures making Car insurance mandatory.

4.What do you think of Medicare and Medicaid?

07-19-2009, 03:44 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John,i'm an independent Republican leaning centrist and want to ask a couple of questions before i give my opinion on so called National Healthcare.

I will throw my hat into this ring!!!

Question 1, and its a loaded question!!
    Everyone should have access to affordable health insurance, its not a RIGHT. Destroying the private sector and individual liberty/choice is not the answer.
    To answer question 2, it is my personal opinion to reform Tort, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tort_reform
    The ambulance chasers are driving up health insurance costs in my humble opinion.

Question 3, absolutely NO!! Its Unconstitutional on a national level, if individual states want to enact the policy, and I don't agree with it. I should have the option to move to a state that is more friendly to me. So yes and no, its a state issue!!!! I frown upon states that enact these policies. Federalism is how this country is suppose to function, not totalitarianism.

Medicare/medicaid
    Both are bankrupt along with social security, we have all paid into these programs that have devolved into scams. Ponzi schemes are all these add up to. As an American, I know how to spend my money much better and more efficiently, than this tryanny that has been thrust upon us by a 52.3% vote.

Why doesn't this current administration fix, or attempt to fix medicare/medicaid before destroying the private sector?

Because the current administration wants to destroy the private sector, its not about fixing anything, its about destroying individuals liberties!!

I smell a drone here with the loaded questions!!!

If your not, then prove it!!!

There is nothing WRONG with our health care system, it is far from perfect but, it is the best by far in the world!!! That is why people from around the world come here to be treated!!!!

07-19-2009, 03:57 AM #9

Be polite and professional when you call to vote NO!!!

Don't want government run health care?

Call 202-225-3121 and tell the 7 Blue Dogs on Energy and Commerce to vote NO.

Reps. John Barrow (D-Ga.)
    Bart Gordon (D-Tenn.)
    Baron Hill (D-Ind.)
    Jim Matheson (D-Utah)
    Charlie Melancon (D-La.)
    Mike Ross (D-Ark)
    Zack Space (D-Ohio)

Guru
    07-19-2009, 09:34 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post

Well I see dread did a nice job but I will put it in my own words because you deserve the time.

1.) HELL NO, I mean my god man, if you work at any store, gas station or Mc donalds you can get resonable heath insurance at a resonable cost from your employer. I should not even have to get into the 20 million illegals, (by the way that 20 million illegals is part of that 45 million figure you keep hearing about that is not covered by health insurance) that is included that will get covered by this fiasco the Obama administration and democratic Congress is trying to push down our throats. I just have to ask how much cheapper do you think it will be for you if they include 20 million to the rolls that never paid for it and never will? How much better is the care going to be when those 20 million start to overwhelm the system.

My point there is if you dont have heath insurance then you are a dead beat and dont contribute to the system to begin with or you have chosen not purchace the insurance from your employer or you are a dumbshit that cant fill out the required paper work to be covered by the S-CHIP, Medicare/Medicaid programs. Did you know that it is not the 45 million that is not insured when you take out the 20 million illegals, the 8.5 million that can afford it but chose not to purchase it, 7.5 million of people that cant fill out the paper work the right way or just dont, I guess have the time to get it from the various government sources already avalible. It is really more like 9 million uninsured. That number would go down even more if we include the homeless, drug addicts and what not.

As for health care everyone does have it. It is illegal for hospitals to turn away people with heath issues. Every one including the illegals if hit by a car or whatnot will get hospital care.

2.) This is a moot point justy look at number 1s answer.

3.) Yes, because you have to hold people to account for there actions if you are poor and hit or kill someone then at least the person or the family is not hit twice. There has to be some kind of safe guards to the victums. There is a difference when you effect someone elses life. Driving is not a right. If you cant afford the cost of driving then you should not be driving.

4.) Both of them are good examples of what will happen to the heath care system in this country if we let the government get their hands on it. I think Nothing more needs to be said on that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ...