Page 5 of 9 ... 34567 ...
    Head Honcho
    07-17-2009, 05:18 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post

The sound quality of the show seemed to be much better than usual although Charles' volume was much too light throughout (I guess due to being patched-in)

am also surprised no hands-up/call-ins . . could that be right or was that really a tech prob?
    I agree and had no idea until I listened to the recording. Let me know to speak up next time! I try and do it with an earpiece so I can follow the char room and post links if necessary.

It was correct, no call ins with raised hands.

forget the I-app, I would think the certified preowned channel would be significantly additive going forward . . significantly.
    We dont want to forget it! Outside of OEM its all we have right now... as I talked about last night, the OEM sector was a great path to steady growth but now that path is quite bumpy... there is no better time than now to branch out.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 05:22 PM #42
    hey Irish . . . did you see Lenny Dykstra's interview with Jane Wells on CNBC . . if you haven't, go to the CNBC home page and do a search for that video; take a look at the one that's 18 mins long . . what a beaute!

I always thought Lenny was on the juice as far back as his met days . . the analysts today who think roids only came in with Brady Anderson are nutz . . been around in BB since Ricky Henderson first laced-up his spikes, maybe even back to Reggie

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 05:23 PM #43
    am not sure I follow your logic here?

why would you be so certain that certified pre-owned would lose subs?

are you extrapolating new oem to certified pre-owned??

I was talking about the take rate on used vs. new, on the promo sub. The sub loss I was talking about was on promo subs. Not a sub loss from used cars only.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 05:29 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    We dont want to forget it! Outside of OEM its all we have right now... as I talked about last night, the OEM sector was a great path to steady growth but now that path is quite bumpy... there is no better time than now to branch out.

Yes. You're right . . I am only saying "forget about it" figuratively speaking . . just for purposes of characterizing sub losses in Q2/Q3 . . not saying "forget about it" altogether as I agree that it is/will be a very siginificant revenue source going foward . . . which is why, as an investor, I am conflicted about launching high-priced satellites into orbit

But I do think the CPO market could substantially smooth the bumpy OEM ride . . . plus, there is still nothing better than being "in the dash" and getting there first
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-17-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 05:33 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I was talking about the take rate on used vs. new, on the promo sub. The sub loss I was talking about was on promo subs. Not a sub loss from used cars only.
    yes, I get that . . but are you saying that not only will there be a drop-off in the take but also a net loss of subs in the CPO channel?

if you are saying just on the promo take-rate, then I would still argue possibility of net positive on CPO channel overall
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-17-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 05:40 PM #46
    yes, I get that . . but are you saying that not only will there be a drop-off in the take but also a net loss of subs in the CPO channel?

if you are saying just on the promo take-rate, then I would still argue possibility of net positive on CPO channel overall
    Let me take one step back. Ok.
    I was talking about Tyler's comment that the take rate on used vehicles is LOWER than the take rate on new vehicles. I am not guessing on either direction on the two numbers for the next quarter in my original statement.
    I do not have an opinion on whether the sub total in the CPO channel will be higher or lower in my comment.

Im not sure what my answer would be though. Im not sure. Probably agree with logic though. No surprises I would think.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 05:52 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Let me take one step back. Ok.
    I was talking about Tyler's comment that the take rate on used vehicles is LOWER than the take rate on new vehicles. I am not guessing on either direction on the two numbers for the next quarter in my original statement.
    I do not have an opinion on whether the sub total in the CPO channel will be higher or lower in my comment.

Im not sure what my answer would be though. Im not sure. Probably agree with logic though. No surprises I would think.
    ok. thanks, got it! whewww . . .

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 06:46 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Roadkill you miss your ten miler today or what. Either that or your racing tomorrow and your carbo loading and cutting back. I know Homer gets caught up in the wording but damn amigo, beat that horse to death today. LOL. Hope all is well. later.
    lol . . . it must be that jug of "EAS Myoplex" I've been drinking after every training run . . next 5k not 'til 8/8 though

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 06:52 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Roadkill you miss your ten miler today or what. Either that or your racing tomorrow and your carbo loading and cutting back. I know Homer gets caught up in the wording but damn amigo, beat that horse to death today. LOL. Hope all is well. later.

btw . . . hope it wasn't your youngest's wisdom teeth? got mine pulled right around the same time I learned to drive

Guru
    07-17-2009, 08:04 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    I was there in Detroit working on an infrastructure documentary for PBS and we got word and went over there and filmed it while the fire was still
    large and also went back and filmed into the next morning when it was still smoldering. Really unbelieveable scene. Yes steel does melt.

I also got to go to GM's alternative energy lab and film their work on the
    new GM electric car (the Volt) and go to Ford where we filmed their hybrid plug-in and electric cars and got to test drive them. Very eery how silent
    they are and how much pick up they have. Spoke to a guy who says all the
    car companies will have electric cars online by 2013. The future is here.
    Sorry John i know its tough to handle for a guy who is a member of the Flat Earth society and a very ignorant putz.

I just coudnt help bringing it around to hybrid and electric cars.

Yea you twit, did he tell you how much more it is going to cost then a comparable model and what the timeframe for replacement of the batteries are and what that cost would be. If he did I wonder why you left those things out of your comment you dumbass, Most people here are not as dumb as you they ask those questions. Hummm lets see if you asked, at best he told you well it is going to be 7,000 to 10,000 more but we think we can get that alot lower. Did you ask how much lower? it would not have done any good though because they dont even know yet. Did he tell you what the replacement cost for the batteries was going to be? Hummmm Why did you tell us he said it was going to cost about 5,000 every 5 to 6 years. I dont know you twit but I can buy alot of fuel for between 12,000 and 15,000 dollars. I wont spend that much in gas in 5 or 6 years, if you consider how many miles the charge is good for and compare that to the same cost in gas to go that distance, you dumbass.

P.S. You dipshit That doesn't even include the interest I would earn on the money or what the extra cost in depreciation you lose if you get into an accident or want to sell it. How easy is that car going to be to resell when it needs 5 thousand dollars worth of new batteries you numnuts.

Hummmm all these problems and still no answers. Is it any wonder those same people are the ones that said a VIABLE replacement is still at least 20 to 30 years away. At least one that answers all the problems I gave.
    Last edited by john; 07-17-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Page 5 of 9 ... 34567 ...