Page 2 of 9 1234 ...
    Guru
    07-17-2009, 10:46 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good Morning otone and All,

Wow, great research otone! Unbelievable, how many groups
    there are associated with Sirius. Kinda comforting to know
    I'm not the only one without a life.

It's Friday! Another week of watching our stock, has gone by.
    Let me think, end the week saying something positive. I know!
    The satellite seems to be working fine.

Hope you all have a great weekend,

Julie

Did you hear about that fire on I-75 caused by a tanker. Man I did not think a fire could bring down a steel and concrete bridge. Someone must have set explosives under it before the tanker crashed into it.

Did you know they just replaced that bridge two years prior. I just cant believe fire made the beams warp to the extent it did to bring down that bridge, relmor says that is impossible.
    Last edited by john; 07-17-2009 at 10:53 AM.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 11:20 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Did you hear about that fire on I-75 caused by a tanker. Man I did not think a fire could bring down a steel and concrete bridge. Someone must have set explosives under it before the tanker crashed into it.

Did you know they just replaced that bridge two years prior. I just cant believe fire made the beams warp to the extent it did to bring down that bridge, relmor says that is impossible.
    After reading the 1st paragraph . . I knew you were going somewhere with that . . . but I didn't know where . . . then I saw your second paragraph (lol)

the funny thing . . . there is a construction class referred to as "Class A" which is structural steel "fireproofed" with masonry, concrete, plaster or other noncombustible material . . but the steel itself is of course not fireproof and, given high enough temps, anything will melt! Otherwise we could land on Mercury . .

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 11:27 AM #13
    Charles/Tyler . . thanks for another great radio show last night and for covering the poison pill issue and Microsoft's laser focus on Bing etc

The internet discussion was also very interesting and part of what makes me nervous as an investor about continuously pouring money into satellites . . would be interesting to hear you interview on air the guy you were speaking to about that . .

47,000 miles on a rental and no satrad . . wow! was that "Budget"

The sound quality of the show seemed to be much better than usual although Charles' volume was much too light throughout (I guess due to being patched-in)

am also surprised no hands-up/call-ins . . could that be right or was that really a tech prob?

anyway, thanks for the great work!

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 11:33 AM #14

Free cash flow

Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I think i need to put a note on the bathroom mirror and recite everyday...

"I am not selling until we pay off (some) debt with our own cash on hand and finally show a profit"

YES . . . what I've been chanting as a mantra for awhile now!!

if you go back and read the Faber interview again you will see that this is exactly what Mel said . . .

Q409 and going forward should see PFCF; after that, the company can be properly valued . . here is the quote again:

Faber: OH, MY GOD, FREE CASH FLOW POSITIVE. YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE BEEN ASKING YOU THIS QUESTION, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE FREE CASH FLOW POSITIVE? SO ARE YOU ANSWERING IT OR NOT?

Karmazin: I'M ABSOLUTELY ANSWERING IT, AND WE WOULD HAVE BEEN FREE CASH FLOW POSITIVE AT SIRIUS, FOR SURE. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN US LONGER, BUT ONCE THAT PAYMENT IS DONE IN '09, YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT SIRIUS AND YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT VALUING SIRIUS. YOU KNOW, WE CAN TALK ABOUT WHAT THE COMPANY COULD BE WORTH OR ISN'T WORTH, BUT WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO VALUE OUR COMPANY, YOU'RE GOING TO VALUE US ON FREE CASH FLOW, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE'RE RUNNING THE COMPANY FOR. AND THIS COMPANY COMBINED IS A COMPANY THAT WOULD GENERATE A LOT OF FREE CASH FLOW, AND THAT FREE CASH FLOW IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO GROW.

between now and then we shoot the breeze and be opportunistic in accumulating shares.

Guru
    07-17-2009, 11:33 AM #15
    Yes, i was trying to watch wipeout, finally had a chance to relax and catch the show when it happened and interupted the show for over an hour.

Ch. 7 had the best vantage point and ch. 2 was on the wrong side, it reminded me of the movie Anchorman when they were jockeying for position on the birth of the panda.

Sirius related....I went to Best Buy last night and the display looked a little picked over but the xmp3 and the RC were there. The RC is an awesome looking radio. It was docked in XM's speaker dock and holy crap that thing sounded awesome.

It has 4 full range speaker and a built in amp, it comes with a home antenae too. This is a must have (unless you have a big system of course).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1203815923293

great review for it too
    "I looked this unit over this past summer when it first arrived and liked the brushed aluminum case,but thought that the sound quality would suffer from such a small box and also thought it was allot of money too.

I first bought the other Audiovox unit the XMBB1 and it turned out to be a defective unit and there was a back order on them so I decided to spend the extra thirty dollars on this unit.

I never thought that this unit would sound so unbelievable and I like that it comes with a remote control . I don't know why they didn't design it so the antenna could be internal like some of the other XM boxes from the past, that's the only negative I have. I was able to put the antenna in my dresser drawer and still receive a full signal. Nicely done Audiovox. It's nice to know you guys will be designing all the SiriusXM radios from now on. GREAT PRODUCT. Beautiful design."
    Notice it is an audiovox, and they are our new supplier...

it really sounded amazing (for something so small)

Guru
    07-17-2009, 11:40 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post

Karmazin: AND THIS COMPANY COMBINED IS A COMPANY THAT WOULD GENERATE A LOT OF FREE CASH FLOW, AND THAT FREE CASH FLOW IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO GROW.

between now and then we shoot the breeze and be opportunistic in accumulating shares.
    Yes, shooting the breeze! Damnit, now you got me wanting to buy more shares. nah, im good, im waiting now...<--(mark this post when we hit $30 a share and im kicking myself for not buying at .39 )

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 11:41 AM #17
    one last thought on last night's show . .

yes, we can't continue to see sub losses, but, the losses in Q1 and Q2 have to be put in context . . first as an accounting change and second as the reorganization of significant OEM partners . . not really an internal organic problem.

forget the I-app, I would think the certified preowned channel would be significantly additive going forward . . significantly.

and 10mm cars can't last too long when you factor in age/life and scrap

Addict
    07-17-2009, 11:50 AM #18

Same thing happened on I-95 near Bridgeport, CT about 4-5 years ago. I lived in New Haven, I was finishing my MBA back then, about 20 miles from the incident.

Guru
    07-17-2009, 11:53 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    After reading the 1st paragraph . . I knew you were going somewhere with that . . . but I didn't know where . . . then I saw your second paragraph (lol)

the funny thing . . . there is a construction class referred to as "Class A" which is structural steel "fireproofed" with masonry, concrete, plaster or other noncombustible material . . but the steel itself is of course not fireproof and, given high enough temps, anything will melt! Otherwise we could land on Mercury . .

I know but I could not resist though. I have had enough structural classes to last me a life time, I was being sarcastic.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 11:54 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Yes, shooting the breeze! Damnit, now you got me wanting to buy more shares. nah, im good, im waiting now...<--(mark this post when we hit $30 a share and im kicking myself for not buying at .39 )

just leave some powder dry in case of the R/S . . . but even if it does R/S that will do absolutely nothing to change the PFCF or market multiple that should be applied over the long run . . I will use the R/S as a "possible" opportunity to accumulate more shares . . . but will not trade into it to average down

there is something telling me that this R/S could have a counter-intuitive angle to it that we are just not thinking of (if it seems too simple "sell ahead of the R/S and buyback" then we are missing something)

. . so I will be very-very cautious about falling prey to a herd mentality . . . trading into that R/S could be very hazardous . . feels like another set-up to me.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-17-2009 at 11:58 AM.

Page 2 of 9 1234 ...