Page 3 of 9 12345 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-17-2009, 12:00 PM #21
    A potential RS is just about a year away, if it ever happens...

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 12:21 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I know but I could not resist though. I have had enough structural classes to last me a life time, I was being sarcastic.
    yes. i knew you were being facetious (cuz of the 9/11 flap with relmor) . . very nice how you worked it in to a post.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 12:22 PM #23
    Did you hear about that fire on I-75 caused by a tanker. Man I did not think a fire could bring down a steel and concrete bridge. Someone must have set explosives under it before the tanker crashed into it.

Did you know they just replaced that bridge two years prior. I just cant believe fire made the beams warp to the extent it did to bring down that bridge, relmor says that is impossible.
    John, you did not just compare a bridge to a building did you? Were you on scene at this bridge collapse? I didnt know you were the lead investigator.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 12:24 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    A potential RS is just about a year away, if it ever happens...
    We should put up a countdown calendar somewhere on this site that shows the potential, maximum, "days remaining" for a R/S

tough to keep track of all the dates and info; memory banks are already on overload.

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 12:26 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    John, you did not just compare a bridge to a building did you? Were you on scene at this bridge collapse? I didnt know you were the lead investigator.

ding-ding-ding . . . and there's the bell . . Round 1 is underway!

Relmor takes a jab to the face and throws a counter-left . . .

Mentor
    07-17-2009, 12:46 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sirius roadkill View Post
    one last thought on last night's show . .

Yes, we can't continue to see sub losses, but, the losses in q1 and q2 have to be put in context . . First as an accounting change and second as the reorganization of significant oem partners . . Not really an internal organic problem.

Forget the i-app, i would think the certified preowned channel would be significantly additive going forward . . Significantly.

And 10mm cars can't last too long when you factor in age/life and scrap
    +1

--------------------

Guru
    07-17-2009, 01:12 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    just leave some powder dry in case of the R/S . . . but even if it does R/S that will do absolutely nothing to change the PFCF or market multiple that should be applied over the long run . . I will use the R/S as a "possible" opportunity to accumulate more shares . . . but will not trade into it to average down

there is something telling me that this R/S could have a counter-intuitive angle to it that we are just not thinking of (if it seems too simple "sell ahead of the R/S and buyback" then we are missing something)

. . so I will be very-very cautious about falling prey to a herd mentality . . . trading into that R/S could be very hazardous . . feels like another set-up to me.
    Bingo...we are on the same page there...i hope i remember it. I sense a trap also, like after the R/S it shoots to the moon, just don't feel comfortable. We will know more if it happens when we still havn't gone FCFP and have debts.

I just spread my cash out over some other stocks so no buying more siri now...i will wait out the R/S...now just a waiting game...likely deposit some more dough come winter to make sure i got some dry powder.

Guru
    07-17-2009, 01:23 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post

The physics, actions, and reactions are the same. It is clear what happens to steel when fire fed by fuel is exposed to the equation. It is something I said happens to steel when enough heat for enough time enters the equation. It is something you said could not happen. I dont have to be, the reports from people that were actually there told us what happen. The reports of the after math are what they are. It is clear the beams gave way and warpped because of the heat. I know I know you dont believe the people that where actually there though do you, you would rather wait for some conspiracy theorist to do an analysis of it from only certain angles of what they saw on TV.

Addict
    07-17-2009, 01:41 PM #29
    Did you hear about that fire on I-75 caused by a tanker. Man I did not think a fire could bring down a steel and concrete bridge. Someone must have set explosives under it before the tanker crashed into it.

Did you know they just replaced that bridge two years prior. I just cant believe fire made the beams warp to the extent it did to bring down that bridge, relmor says that is impossible.
    I was there in Detroit working on an infrastructure documentary for PBS and we got word and went over there and filmed it while the fire was still
    large and also went back and filmed into the next morning when it was still smoldering. Really unbelieveable scene. Yes steel does melt.

I also got to go to GM's alternative energy lab and film their work on the
    new GM electric car (the Volt) and go to Ford where we filmed their hybrid plug-in and electric cars and got to test drive them. Very eery how silent
    they are and how much pick up they have. Spoke to a guy who says all the
    car companies will have electric cars online by 2013. The future is here.
    Sorry John i know its tough to handle for a guy who is a member of the Flat Earth society and a very ignorant putz.

I just coudnt help bringing it around to hybrid and electric cars.

Head Honcho
    07-17-2009, 01:42 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    one last thought on last night's show . .

yes, we can't continue to see sub losses, but, the losses in Q1 and Q2 have to be put in context . . first as an accounting change and second as the reorganization of significant OEM partners . . not really an internal organic problem.

forget the I-app, I would think the certified preowned channel would be significantly additive going forward . . significantly.

and 10mm cars can't last too long when you factor in age/life and scrap
    We will have sub loses. There is no getting around that fact. It wount be as bad as last quarter, but there will be losses. The certified pre-owned channel will be some helpmut not as much as some think. There have been programs in place with certified pre-owned for quite some time. The free trial makes sense, but the take rate , logically speaking, will not be as good as with new cars.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Page 3 of 9 12345 ...