Page 9 of 9 ... 789
    Mentor
    07-19-2009, 12:08 PM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Thank you Tyler for all you present here,as it is most times very true and factual info,except when john post's about 9-11 and Charles about Slackdora...

P.S.Scorecard:
    SXM=600k subs upgrade to premium on -line feed at $2.99 from I-Phone app

Pandora=0 to none...no money changed hands for No .1 app downloaded
    irish is that a guess or was that reported somewhere?

Mentor
    07-19-2009, 01:46 PM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by tsavery View Post
    "there are a few issues with the cpo market. One of the main issues is that consumers are holding onto cars longer now, and the supply chain of cars with low enough miles to be considered for a cpo is getting more constricted."

this is true . . . There has been a shortage . . . However, recent reports i have read suggest that dealers are citing 2009 as a key year for lease expirations (especially lexus) . . . So a good supply of "in-demand" vehicles is expected to come on-line this year; i have also read that any shortages in the cpo supply chain will move otherwise displaced new-car buyers back into the oem channel . . Particularly as cpo prices rise and lose their perceived advantage over oem . . But, in any case . . If you look at cpo #'s through may '09 you will see that mb, bmw, audi etc are way-way up over '08 and are apparently not having a problem finding supply . . .

"another issue is how the subscription gets sold. If the sales person fails to bring up the issue, the consumer may not know that they have a free trial."

hard to argue this . . . But many buyers in this segment are already familiar with the product; hopefully the brand recognition is there at some level . . .

"still anaother is that cpo cars are typically under 3 years old. Thus you need to consider the "penetration rate" of that market. In other words, how many of the cpo cars have satellite radio."

true. My original comments note that you would need to estimate install rates/penetration for a cpo prototypical 2006 model year car (from my original post: You would need a reasonable projection of the average model year currently being sold in the cpo channel (say 2006) in order to estimate the approximate install rate at that time)

"i have played around with some numbers, but am not yet ready to publish it yet. Trying to look at it as a whole is difficult with dozens of variables. A t this point, the penetration is not a huge number.

Fair enough . . . But perhaps you would feel more comfortable reporting your findings in a broad range using probability weighting (come-on tyler, ain't much else we got to talk about between now and cc; we won't hold ya to it). . . Do you think penetration on the 2006 model year cpo prototype would be below 40%?
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-19-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Head Honcho
    07-19-2009, 01:58 PM #83
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Thanks for the Italian Mongo.
    Ha, I knew someone would bite on that!

Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    P.S. All I asked for, and I don't ask for much, is a bow.
    Something not overly big, very tastefully done, and perhaps
    the color yellow will look nice with the blue.
    Where? Around his neck or just in the middle of his body? What kind of yellow ribbon the one for our soldiers abroad?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

07-19-2009, 02:37 PM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Ha, I knew someone would bite on that!

Where? Around his neck or just in the middle of his body? What kind of yellow ribbon the one for our soldiers abroad?
    Hi Charles,

You are awesome, I thought you had forgotten about my request.
    Being Italian, I was going to go with that one but I figured it still
    would look similar to Johnnys. No significance to the yellow other
    than it's my favorite color. And if you can do it, any where you
    want to place it is fine with me. You are the best!

Julie

Enthusiast
    07-19-2009, 04:06 PM #85
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1203815923293

great review for it too
    Quote:
    "I looked this unit over this past summer when it first arrived and liked the brushed aluminum case,but thought that the sound quality would suffer from such a small box and also thought it was allot of money too.

I first bought the other Audiovox unit the XMBB1 and it turned out to be a defective unit and there was a back order on them so I decided to spend the extra thirty dollars on this unit.

I never thought that this unit would sound so unbelievable and I like that it comes with a remote control . I don't know why they didn't design it so the antenna could be internal like some of the other XM boxes from the past, that's the only negative I have. I was able to put the antenna in my dresser drawer and still receive a full signal. Nicely done Audiovox. It's nice to know you guys will be designing all the SiriusXM radios from now on. GREAT PRODUCT. Beautiful design."
    Notice it is an audiovox, and they are our new supplier...

it really sounded amazing (for something so small)

It is also backordered!

Enthusiast
    07-19-2009, 05:10 PM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Yea you twit, did he tell you how much more it is going to cost then a comparable model and what the timeframe for replacement of the batteries are and what that cost would be. If he did I wonder why you left those things out of your comment you dumbass, Most people here are not as dumb as you they ask those questions. Hummm lets see if you asked, at best he told you well it is going to be 7,000 to 10,000 more but we think we can get that alot lower. Did you ask how much lower? it would not have done any good though because they dont even know yet. Did he tell you what the replacement cost for the batteries was going to be? Hummmm Why did you tell us he said it was going to cost about 5,000 every 5 to 6 years. I dont know you twit but I can buy alot of fuel for between 12,000 and 15,000 dollars. I wont spend that much in gas in 5 or 6 years, if you consider how many miles the charge is good for and compare that to the same cost in gas to go that distance, you dumbass.

P.S. You dipshit That doesn't even include the interest I would earn on the money or what the extra cost in depreciation you lose if you get into an accident or want to sell it. How easy is that car going to be to resell when it needs 5 thousand dollars worth of new batteries you numnuts.

Hummmm all these problems and still no answers. Is it any wonder those same people are the ones that said a VIABLE replacement is still at least 20 to 30 years away. At least one that answers all the problems I gave.
    This why I won't buy one!
    Buy a civic instead, same kind of mileage!

Mentor
    07-19-2009, 05:44 PM #87
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    irish is that a guess or was that reported somewhere?
    Bassmaster,that is an educated guess based on 1 million downloads,which 90% were probably existing subs with i-Phones or I-Pods and wanted to up grade to premium feed,mostly urbanites from big cities with poor reception.
    It's a conservative guess,but with this App most who take time to download will probably subscribe...IMHO

Head Honcho
    07-19-2009, 07:19 PM #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    The numbers are simply not that substantial. There have been pre-owned programs with the biggest players going on for quite some time, and they have been built into quarters for a while as well.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Mentor
    07-19-2009, 07:44 PM #89
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    The numbers are simply not that substantial. There have been pre-owned programs with the biggest players going on for quite some time, and they have been built into quarters for a while as well.
    just so no one is confused . . the numbers posted by me in the post above this one (Tyler's reply) were simply typed to meet the 10 character minimum required for the post to get published (don't ask me to explain)

anyway . . it is NOT some kind of crazy projection about revenue or subs etc . . please just ignore those numbers. thanks.

Head Honcho
    07-19-2009, 09:18 PM #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    just so no one is confused . . the numbers posted by me in the post above this one (Tyler's reply) were simply typed to meet the 10 character minimum required for the post to get published (don't ask me to explain)

anyway . . it is NOT some kind of crazy projection about revenue or subs etc . . please just ignore those numbers. thanks.
    Lol

I didn't take those numbers as a projection.

I am just saying that the numbers are not very substantial.

Cheers
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Page 9 of 9 ... 789