Page 1 of 8 123 ...
    Enthusiast
    07-16-2009, 06:50 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thursday 7-16-09

Better times ahead? Nice article.

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...mpaign_id=yhoo

Quote from tuna at the end:

Still, some analysts say they need more evidence of a rebound in auto sales before they grow more bullish on the makers of in-car electronics. "I am not going to rush out and change my model until the visibility becomes more clear," says Tuna Amobi, an analyst with S&P.

So, Tuna sees the initial changes in direction as well. Still think Q2 won't be super, but hopefully, it'll point to a better Q3.

Rosie, is displaying answers from her latest question: what topics should i cover - on my new radio show? http://www.rosie.com/saywhat/default.aspx

No need to read... I went through the pain for you.... Although, I believe Rel would find his soul-mate there

Linda Writes:

Here's my list: 1. Chemtrails 2. 9/11 3. Psych-Ops 4. Swine flu bio-attack 5. Dumbing down of America 6. State run media 7. Obama deception I'm getting Sirus JUST to hear you. Luv & luck 2U.

oh yeah, and according to Loral, the FM-5 bird deployed it's reflector yesterday morning. No transmissions to radio sets. Testing should probably be in progress.
    Last edited by otone; 07-16-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Mentor
    07-16-2009, 08:10 AM #2
    Yes, nothing gets me hotter than talking chemtrails and 911 under the covers with my girlfriend. This Linda girl sounds HOTTTTTT.
    LOL

Enthusiast
    07-16-2009, 08:44 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Yes, nothing gets me hotter than talking chemtrails and 911 under the covers with my girlfriend. This Linda girl sounds HOTTTTTT.
    LOL
    I can relate to that. Due to chemtrail topics under the sheets years ago we now have 2 girls.

Guru
    07-16-2009, 08:51 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    LOL
    Just want to see more clapping and thumbsups...

Mentor
    07-16-2009, 09:21 AM #5
    good morning everyone and Relmor(UNA),you really do post all around the net don't you,now your posting as Linda with these theories,guess john really did a number on your REP!!!!!

Addict
    07-16-2009, 09:52 AM #6
    CIT vs SIri - neck and neck at .41 - who closes higher ?

Mentor
    07-16-2009, 10:10 AM #7
    That Linda is not me. Its my new girlfriend. But if shes posting on Rosies blog, I dont have a chance!!

Enthusiast
    07-16-2009, 10:29 AM #8

customizing Sirius content

A couple months back, I found a blog by a media guy named Mark Ramsey. His "About Us" section on his blog in one part states:

"Mark Ramsey has been a key strategic advisor to many broadcasters nationwide. Clients have included Clear Channel Communications, CBS Radio, Greater Media, Bonneville Broadcasting, Sirius/XM Radio, and major media players like EA Sports and Apple."

The article he wrote I found interesting was http://www.hear2.com/2009/05/dont-co...radio-out.html

What I found particularly interesting was the second point he was making:
    "2. They know that you are underestimating them

Within the next twelve months you will see Sirius XM Pandora-cize their content - creating the ability to customize familiar satellite radio channels to your own tastes on the equipment you already have - like the iPhone and the Blackberry - not simply equipment you need to buy.

Note that I am not saying they MIGHT build customization into their product - I'm saying they WILL.

This will go far in changing the excrutiatingly limited borders we place around "satellite radio." And unlike the Pandoras and Slackers of the world, Sirius XM will be doing this for a market that actually pays premium dollars for this service."

I left a comment in the comments section asking him how he knew and he replied: "Because I know. :-)"

Any thoughts about what this means? Would this be limited to the streaming feed. i.e. enabling users to enjoy a Slackdora experience if they choose? Or will new devices be coming out that will utilize the X-band uplink (Could this even be done?)

Mentor
    07-16-2009, 10:41 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    A couple months back, I found a blog by a media guy named Mark Ramsey. His "About Us" section on his blog in one part states:

"Mark Ramsey has been a key strategic advisor to many broadcasters nationwide. Clients have included Clear Channel Communications, CBS Radio, Greater Media, Bonneville Broadcasting, Sirius/XM Radio, and major media players like EA Sports and Apple."

The article he wrote I found interesting was http://www.hear2.com/2009/05/dont-co...radio-out.html

What I found particularly interesting was the second point he was making:
    "2. They know that you are underestimating them

Within the next twelve months you will see Sirius XM Pandora-cize their content - creating the ability to customize familiar satellite radio channels to your own tastes on the equipment you already have - like the iPhone and the Blackberry - not simply equipment you need to buy.

Note that I am not saying they MIGHT build customization into their product - I'm saying they WILL.

This will go far in changing the excrutiatingly limited borders we place around "satellite radio." And unlike the Pandoras and Slackers of the world, Sirius XM will be doing this for a market that actually pays premium dollars for this service."

I left a comment in the comments section asking him how he knew and he replied: "Because I know. :-)"

Any thoughts about what this means? Would this be limited to the streaming feed. i.e. enabling users to enjoy a Slackdora experience if they choose? Or will new devices be coming out that will utilize the X-band uplink (Could this even be done?)
    Wow. Charles.......
    Are you mad? LOL
    kidding man....
    I know you would be happy if they did that. Iphone and internet feed should be easy enough.
    Like I said, if they want to, its only a matter of time. They have the ability. On the sat. feed? New sat? Little black box? Exciting times.... Maybe they can even get it to work one day from the sat feed.
    No better time to hold this common. So much in front of them. So much is behind them.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 07-16-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Mentor
    07-16-2009, 12:01 PM #10
    Hey Otone . . excellent work today! Great posts . . .

Page 1 of 8 123 ...