Page 2 of 3 123
    Mentor
    07-15-2009, 09:04 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    It makes it easy to track naked shorting. Basically they would not be able to get away with what they have been doing. All that being said there is noway the investors shorting the stock think for one second that SIRIXM would not do everything possible to stay on the NASDAQ. Therefore it will not change the way they short for one second form now til then. The only thing that will change that is the refinancing of debt they hold. Not that that will do anything more then just change the players, the game will remain the same. The only way to get the amount of stock held short is to acually pay off the debt. The fact is, no matter how well they do the investors in the bonds will always hedge their investment in those bonds.
    Hedging doesnt worry me. Its the constant shorting and reshorting that worries me. Hedging is not the bigger issue with this price. A "hedger" could have banked a 1.50 to .07 cent run. If he used the monetary value of a short position equal to a stock tanking to the potential loss on his bond money, than he made a killing on a "hedge". 1.50 to .10 cents is not a normal scenario hedgers expect. He might have already made a profit on his hedge more than the value of this bond holdings. Once the "hedge" money is banked, there would be no reason to keep shorting the stock as a hedge. Im sorry, but most of the bonds were sold at a much higher sp. This short attack is no hedging problem. The lent shares used to "hedge", ya right, are being shorted and reshorted. As they legally are entitled to do. They can also go long.
    My point is JOhn, they will continue with business as usual, IF they want a R/S. I dont think they do, hence they might help us get to $1 for a bit, then punish us again. AT that time management might say, you know what, befvore we drop off $1 too much, lets R/S right here, on strength.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 07-15-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Guru
    07-15-2009, 09:10 AM #12
    I like that story relmor, lets hope that somewhere along the lines, maybe even at the same time, we pay off a huge chunk of debt...(with cash)

Guru
    07-15-2009, 09:14 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This is total insanity, another HUGE terrestrial station down the drain.
    http://www.boston.com/business/ticke...chord_for.html

Howard just talked about the death of another one of his former affiliate stations on Monday and now one of his former channels in one of the biggest markets (Boston) is down the drain. I am sure he will talk about this tomorrow.

If WBCN can not survive, terrestrial radio as we once knew it is dead. 2 Years ago there were 3 rock stations in Boston.... one was consolidated into another and now WBCN is gone... we are down to 1 new rock station. INSANE! Before I switched to Sirius 5 years ago there were 5 rock stations programed on my cars radio... now there is only 1 left.

If anyone else here is from mass you can attest to this madness for the other people around the country on these boards. Trust me guys, this is a real shocker. UPDATE: check out the number of comments pouring in on that article... its more than when they had a story about the H1N1 Pig Flu the day the news broke... that should give you an idea about how shocking this is.

What is really interesting is "WBCN will become a Web-only operation available at www.wbcn.com." ?!?!? They will go off the air but continue online? How could they possibly sustain a following?

I love it, anytime terrestrial lessens their choice it is good for SIRIXM. Lets face it that and commercial free is why people got into satellite radio in the first place.

Guru
    07-15-2009, 09:23 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Hedging doesnt worry me. Its the constant shorting and reshorting that worries me. Hedging is not the bigger issue with this price. A "hedger" could have banked a 1.50 to .07 cent run. If he used the monetary value of a short position equal to a stock tanking to the potential loss on his bond money, than he made a killing on a "hedge". 1.50 to .10 cents is not a normal scenario hedgers expect. He might have already made a profit on his hedge more than the value of this bond holdings. Once the "hedge" money is banked, there would be no reason to keep shorting the stock as a hedge. Im sorry, but most of the bonds were sold at a much higher sp. This short attack is no hedging problem. The lent shares used to "hedge", ya right, are being shorted and reshorted. As they legally are entitled to do. They can also go long.
    My point is JOhn, they will continue with business as usual, IF they want a R/S. I dont think they do, hence they might help us get to $1 for a bit, then punish us again. AT that time management might say, you know what, befvore we drop off $1 too much, lets R/S right here, on strength.

relmor, Where do you think most of the shorting is coming from? They are coming from the 3.5 billion in loans, of which over 1.75 billion that have over the last year been sold and rebought.

Guru
    07-15-2009, 09:43 AM #15
    I love it, anytime terrestrial lessens their choice it is good for SIRIXM. Lets face it that and commercial free is why people got into satellite radio in the first place.
    I hate to see someone else do worse, but Terra radio burned me something bad when they started watering everything down and I have 5 channels of commercials on my way to work (i only have a 15minute drive)

This is exactly the scenario that we had in mind from the beginning and it is all working out perfectly. SXM will have its run for the next 10 years as the mainstay majority in the Automobile and will develop their other offerings (phones, wifi, internet)

AM is down to a couple channels, FM is getting smaller....

Also, here is what SXM is...they are the $hit filter for bad and poorly produced "radio/music" Sure you can surf the net for free music, free radio etc, but in the end if you are busy you just want to turn to a trusted source, something that will provide you the best in each category. (some may argue with this but trust me, once the merger settles they will surface as the leader in all categories)

Sirius XM rules because it is live (talk shows, news, dj's shows, art/entertainment being generated on the spot given to you right as its made)...I can say this a million times and I don't think most people understand what that means...WHAT IS FRESHER THAN LIVE??? And its the best content available...LIVE.

Now if they would just put a satellite over canada pointing south so I can get a signal from the north and south with no dead spots it would win outright for portables.
    Last edited by imromo24; 07-15-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Guru
    07-15-2009, 10:09 AM #16
    imromo24, I just love it. I dont think most to including myself thought the shit would hit the fan for terrestrial as fast as it has. Now while I have said before that I think terresrtrial will almost always be around just in a form of something like AM is today, I never thought it would start happening at the pace it seems to be. With each day the chances of someone like Stern ever going back to terrestrail slips that much more away. This is the reason I got invested in SIRI and XMSR in the first place.

P.S. people like choice and the reason Pandora and alike will never be that much competition to something like SIRIXM. I mean hell if you want to worry then at least worry about something in the same ball park like internet radio. While they have their own problems (alot of the same ones that terrestrial has) with trying to compete with SIRIXM. they are at least in the same ball park.
    Last edited by john; 07-15-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Addict
    07-15-2009, 10:13 AM #17
    I think the temptation just under .40 is a trap because if the big $ senses that Sirius will turn the corner on Q2 release, then they will first take it down one more time to at least the low .30's. I just sense it coming and keeping alot of powder dry here. There is still too much time before the report and it would likely only start to trend higher 1 week or less before they report.

Mentor
    07-15-2009, 10:24 AM #18
    relmor, Where do you think most of the shorting is coming from? They are coming from the 3.5 billion in loans, of which over 1.75 billion that have over the last year been sold and rebought.
    Most of the shorting? Coming from hedges. Yes. But they banked profits 100 times over by now. My point? Why give that up? A R/S will longer term weaken there chances to gain on the short side. Going to OTC.BB also weakens there ability to short. Hence, why not let them comply, avoid the R/S, then punish them again. Go long till then, making it a nice swing trade. This is the logical solution. Now, the NAB, etc... Ergen, might be shorting as a strategy beyond gains and losses. IN this case, no R/S or being over $1 will do shit for that. Since we dont really know WHO is shorting exactly, I cant blame the hedge for the constant reshorting, as logic states, once you banked your profits equal to the amount of your bond position, a HEDGE is no longer necessary. Hence no logical reason to continue it, other than you feel you can continue to profit on it.

Mentor
    07-15-2009, 10:55 AM #19
    Think it is safe to say that SXM will never get delisted,with the R/S in their pocket to use..but it is not good for everyone involved financially with this company if that notice comes due to fix it or face delisting..
    Sp will get beaten down and then a forced R/S to counter it will kill the regular retail investor from ever seeing real profits like at current prices,also it will not affect shorts as the ratio will be the same,unless they get rid of lent shares bond due in 2014...IMHO..

Mentor
    07-15-2009, 11:59 AM #20
    Really quiet in here today,but nothing with SP is going on,so Golf today will be a blessing instead of missing anything..check back in later tonight..

Page 2 of 3 123