Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: New Age for SiriusXM Community

  1. #31
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Slackdora is still inferior to SXM tho....as far as making money for their respective companies that is..
    I obviously agree. That being said, every underdog was inferior before they grew and in some cases passed and in other cases bankrupted their competitors. Blockbuster vs Netflix? Any company that doesn't address that possibility is failing at a fundamental level. If you are looking to keep pace (in some cases) its already too late.

    I dont want to get too off topic and hijack this thread.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  2. #32
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Dear Guys,

    I want to share with you all an excerpt from a pm I sent Charles
    this morning. This was written well before Relmor's thread was started.


    Good Morning Charles,

    I am one of the thousands, who not so silently, enjoy visiting
    your site daily.

    I can not began to tell you how much I have learned here in
    the relatively short amount of time I have been a member.
    I have also learned a lot about human behavior.
    One. That men bitch a lot. I thought that was our
    job.
    Two. Many times, depending on who it is, every word written
    is disected and analized.
    And the third thing I have learned from your site,
    Don't take it personal. Many times it is the attackers who
    have the issues. They must prove their point at all costs.
    The only thing they are proving is that they are assholes.

    I can understand your frustration but please don't let it deter
    you from providing a place we all can gather.

    Sincerely,
    Julie

    I hesitated repeating this pm and hope Charles doesn't mind that
    I did. This was prompted by yet another attack on Charles by a
    poster who questioned his motives.

    So my point here is, I love a debate, there is nothing more fun
    then to read a volley back and forth between posters. What I
    don't love is when the debate turns into personal attacks. Not
    only is it hurtful to the recipient, but it is uncomfortable for us
    on the sidelines to watch. At least it is to me.

    When I first ventured onto this site, I read posters who were
    way more eloquent than I ever thought of being. So I really
    hesitated at starting to post. When I jumped in, is when
    I was criticized for not posting a link, as well as my motives.
    (That's what I forgot to mention to Charles I learned. #4 Always post
    a link.)

    If I were not a very strong person, I would have slunk away,
    never to be heard from again. But I am really glad I didn't.
    I realized that things just got way out of hand, this was
    not the norm here, I hoped.
    I have come to enjoy and like many posters here, and consider
    this a sort of online family. And like family, sometimes we argue,
    but it's when we cross the line with personal attacks, is when we
    become divided.


    I apoligize for the sometimes rambling, incoherent post,
    unfortunately I am not good at condensing my thoughts. I
    missed that class.

    Julie
    P.S. What do you mean Johnny, all my fault!!
    Thats for sharing that. I appreciate it.

  3. #33
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I obviously agree. That being said, every underdog was inferior before they grew and in some cases passed and in other cases bankrupted their competitors. Blockbuster vs Netflix? Any company that doesn't address that possibility is failing at a fundamental level. If you are looking to keep pace (in some cases) its already too late.

    I dont want to get too off topic and hijack this thread.
    Yes, they should be worried about all forms of competition. But if they become a threat to there bottom line, how difficult(im being serious) would it be Charles to offer a competing service(notice I view this as adding a service to compete, as where we differ on this subject). I dont think they are similar enough services to generate huge concern, but could a plan be in place to offer something? Maybe on there internet feed only? Is the software expensive?
    Hopefully this will be a brief detour on the thread. LOL

  4. #34
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I obviously agree. That being said, every underdog was inferior before they grew and in some cases passed and in other cases bankrupted their competitors. Blockbuster vs Netflix? Any company that doesn't address that possibility is failing at a fundamental level. If you are looking to keep pace (in some cases) its already too late.

    I dont want to get too off topic and hijack this thread.
    Agree whole heartedly with both sentiments,but my thought process is that Mel with a huge push in the right direction by /Malone and maffei already know this now and are adressing it feverishly IMHO..this is why i get annoyed with all the talk about it....

  5. #35
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,524
    I hope you are correct but with the iPhone app taking 12 months... please excuse me for not having faith. I dont think they are equipped to handle that kind of development progress.

    The one thing that may give you hope (although I look at it as a negative) is that their web interface has never been updated in the last 4 years. You could say that they are not upgrading it because they are looking to totally change the whole concept but... its been 4 years. Slacker has updated their web interface 3 times in the last 2 years with major improvements each time.

    Being optimistic is one thing but, you have to accept the more probable reality at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    how difficult(im being serious) would it be Charles to offer a competing service(notice I view this as adding a service to compete, as where we differ on this subject).
    How much money do you have

    It would be a major undertaking with at least 5 developers taking no less than 1 year to bring a quality product to market. You might be able to increase the size of the team and cut some time off the backend.

    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I dont think they are similar enough services to generate huge concern
    I dont think they are exactly the same either... my concern is that if you can give people something "good enough" for "free" (Slacker) they might be less apt to purchase Sirius. The thing Sirius had going for them was that terrestrial radio stunk hardcore.... Slacker does not.

    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    but could a plan be in place to offer something?
    I sure as hell hope so.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  6. #36
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    charles,it is not blind faith...Liberty joined march 6th and nicemac was canceled with in days and then i beleive this app was brought to market from scratch then..not bad in 3 months and all the ads now and the new website for this,plus Romo i believe posted job want ads for web developers from SXM career 's site...

  7. #37
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    charles,it is not blind faith...Liberty joined march 6th and nicemac was canceled with in days and then i beleive this app was brought to market from scratch then..not bad in 3 months
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that this app was in production for a lot longer than 3 months. It was being developed at the very least right when Nicemac started developing.

    Should we break this into the slacker/pan thread? I can make that happen... I know the guy who runs the place.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  8. #38
    mypearl is offline
    Member
    mypearl's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 62
    I sometimes loose focus because of some of the rif raff that goes on here. I do appreciate that it's allowed to go on though because I do learn from some of it. And I hope some day a few of you become friends and help me become a millionaire. I have so many questions but cant ask because I wait to see if i can learn from watching the big dogs here. We all need to remind ourselves that its not always a personal attach and that you can be constructive about disagreements. And relmor2003 I respect all your hard work here. You and several others bring a level of professionalism to this site. I hope you teach me things that i don't know and vise versa.

  9. #39
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by mypearl View Post
    I sometimes loose focus because of some of the rif raff that goes on here. I do appreciate that it's allowed to go on though because I do learn from some of it. And I hope some day a few of you become friends and help me become a millionaire. I have so many questions but cant ask because I wait to see if i can learn from watching the big dogs here. We all need to remind ourselves that its not always a personal attach and that you can be constructive about disagreements. And relmor2003 I respect all your hard work here. You and several others bring a level of professionalism to this site. I hope you teach me things that i don't know and vise versa.
    Not hard work. I enjoy it. I dont think there is a poster out there who posts honest comments I havent learned something from. That is the main reason we are all here. To learn from each other. As any community would.
    Hard work is having to lay off two people this week. I never had to let someone go before that I had zero problem with. sorry for the tangent, but my mind wandered there. I dont know if I can do it.

  10. #40
    otone is offline
    Enthusiast
    otone's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 243
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    charles,it is not blind faith...Liberty joined march 6th and nicemac was canceled with in days and then i beleive this app was brought to market from scratch then..not bad in 3 months and all the ads now and the new website for this,plus Romo i believe posted job want ads for web developers from SXM career 's site...
    that was me

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •