Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: New Age for SiriusXM Community

  1. #1
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937

    New Age for SiriusXM Community

    I would like to go on record and state that Charles and Tyler are business men. And when you attack someones business, as a business owner myself, you are attacking something very dear, and close to them. Like their heart. People put a lot of time and energy and money into making business's successful. I think Charles and Tyler have received some unfair critcism from certain posters here, including myself at times. As the site owners I have at times failed to respect these concepts.
    If we dont agree with how they run this site, and they will listen to feedback, maybe we could try to keep that to a PM. Or an email. Im not taking about issues within an articles content. But certain topics have been brought up lately that does not help our cause to hear it in the open or dicussed freely.Certain forces at work love that our own investment community cant even agree, and fights all the time, amongst themselves. We need to stop feeding into this.
    I want to apologize to them(Charles and Tyler, sincerely). I would hope that we can use positive energy to create a feeling amongst our community(SiriusXM family) to come together, and remember that it may be a small investment to some of us, but to others it means a lot more. Good or bad, right or wrong, these are the facts. Comments directed in criticism towards the authors here should be done in a PM or directed to them personally. If we question the articles content, fine. But to question what they didnt write is another thing.
    I am being a hypocrite here, I know. I am guilty of unfair attacks myself.
    Charles and Tyler have been consistant in there coverage of this company.

    This bickering is hurting our community and affects the flow of honest and good information when we get caught up in our own BS. Together we should be working together.
    1. We should all go out into the world and spread our opinions more. On every site we can find, and every poster page we come across.
    2. When we see manipulation, we should complain to the approapriate entities, even if to just log the complaint. doesnt hurt.
    3. We should refrain from attacking our journalists(meaning everyday bloggers who support our causes). Honest good debate and critique is not what I am talking about here.
    4. Our journalists should act more as leaders, and example setters. They offer interaction, and we should be more respectful of that opportunity.
    5. We shouldnt attack someone from making a trade, or make fun of a buy and holder. Etc.. Or any of a million opinions we debate.


    Thanks for reading this. I am trying to get us to work together and not attack each other. My only goal with this.
    I appreciate feedback.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 07-14-2009 at 11:06 AM.

  2. #2
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Are you kidding me? The only time I post is if I disagree with something. The other times I start a new thread. The point being is debate is the best way for information to be put out there, then people can see the matter from more sides then just the one. Plus I am not a person that believes in PMs I think everything should be out in the open (although I understand why Brandon, Tyler, Charles, and Newman talk about certain things in private). I have no problem if someone thinks I am wrong and would like to hear/see it in the open so others can to.

  3. #3
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Are you kidding me? The only time I post is if I disagree with something. The other times I start a new thread. The point being is debate is the best way for information to be put out there, then people can see the matter from more sides then just the one. Plus I am not a person that believes in PMs I think everything should be out in the open (although I understand why Brandon, Tyler, Charles, and Newman talk about certain things in private). I have no problem if someone thinks I am wrong and would like to hear/see it in the open so others can to.
    Thanks for posting John.

  4. #4
    otone is offline
    Enthusiast
    otone's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 243
    I tend to agree with John here. I'm not sure I understand your post though. I haven't seen any unfair criticism by the posters here... at least recently. Now it may be hard to "read" the "tone" of a post and things can seem to get heated, but overall I think what has been written has been fair expressions of feelings/perceptions. No need to hide or run away from that.

  5. #5
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    I tend to agree with John here. I'm not sure I understand your post though. I haven't seen any unfair criticism by the posters here... at least recently. Now it may be hard to "read" the "tone" of a post and things can seem to get heated, but overall I think what has been written has been fair expressions of feelings/perceptions. No need to hide or run away from that.
    Thanks for posting Otone. My post is about anything that weakens us as a community as a whole. SiriusXM community. Im not suggesting refraining from critiquing articles or opinions.

  6. #6
    Sirius Roadkill is offline
    Mentor
    Sirius Roadkill's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 1,882
    Relmor . . I have to agree with john & otone here . . the one thing I love about this site is that it is completely uncensored (remember what life was like at SA with all the bannings).

    Reading "tone" into the written word is nearly impossible (hence the smiley face things to help) and I have on more than one occasion unintentionally offended a friend or business contact with a poorly worded email.

    Since we really don't know each other . . there should be no reason to take things personally . . and from what I have observed, even after the biggest dust-ups, everybody seems to move on with things fairly quickly.

    The one thing I HATE in a site is GROUP THINK! That is why I always enjoyed guys like "Vicar of Value/Vic-Dave" and "JSwede" as I want to be challenged in my thinking about this stock . . .

    In order to generate good debate it is even necessary at times to provoke and be provoked . . like demanding a link to a speculative news story etc . . that's all good . . the great think tank that exists here is because of the debate . . it is healthy.

    Even the "inside baseball" that goes on is entertaining and provocative (although sometimes I wonder if we're not all being duped with a big pro wrestling match) . . . but the inside stuff is what made Stern different . . getting a peak at the behind the scenes politics about Imus or Soupy Sales or John Hayes or competing radio stations put things in real-world perspective.

    So . . I hope your post above was cathartic . . and that you got it out of your system; now snap the hell out of it; don't lose your edge . . . If Charles puts up a crummy Slackdora article then I/we expect to see you come storming through the forums with both guns-a-blazin!
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 07-14-2009 at 02:00 PM.

  7. #7
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Relmor . . I have to agree with john & otone here . . the one thing I love about this site is that it is completely uncensored (remember what life was like at SA with all the bannings).

    Reading "tone" into the written word is nearly impossible (hence the smiley face things to help) and I have on more than one occasion unintentionally offended a friend or business contact with a poorly worded email.

    Since we really don't know each other . . there should be no reason to take things personally . . and from what I have observed, even after the biggest dust-ups, everybody seems to move on with things fairly quickly.

    The one thing I HATE in a site is GROUP THINK! That is why I always enjoyed guys like "Vicar of Value/Vic-Dave" and "JSwede" as I want to be challenged in my thinking about this stock . . .

    In order to generate good debate it is even necessary at times to provoke and be provoked . . like demanding a link to a speculative new story etc . . that's all good . . the great think tank that exists here is because of the debate . . it is healthy.

    I agree with what you say here. But that wasnt my point really. Im not talking about debating issues, opinions, and articles. Even bashers are amusing at times. Im talking about the other stuff. Stuff that hurts us as a community, as a whole. SiriusXM community.

  8. #8
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I agree with what you say here. But that wasnt my point really. Im not talking about debating issues, opinions, and articles. Even bashers are amusing at times. Im talking about the other stuff. Stuff that hurts us as a community, as a whole. SiriusXM community.
    Relmor(UNA) you mean by other things being, questioning someones motives of why they post what they post or strategies myself or others deem harmfull to a longs strategy and as John ,Otone and S-kill say is Free and open debate with tempors flared and also reason winning out in the end,Is this the other?
    If it is i want no part of that community,Thank you ,because open and honest debate is something my ancestors have died for the right to have..
    If Congress and our state and local legislators took a cue from this site we all would be better off in the long run...

    Personally,i'm sick to death of the politically correct debate that has taken hold of this country and drives the sheeple to do whatever THEY as you say want them to...

    But thank you for posting this thread as it is an interesting concept you propose,since posting is way down on both sites,IMHO,because their is not alot to talk about, with substance that is,on a minute by minute basis..


  9. #9
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Relmor . . I have to agree with john & otone here . . the one thing I love about this site is that it is completely uncensored (remember what life was like at SA with all the bannings).

    Reading "tone" into the written word is nearly impossible (hence the smiley face things to help) and I have on more than one occasion unintentionally offended a friend or business contact with a poorly worded email.

    Since we really don't know each other . . there should be no reason to take things personally . . and from what I have observed, even after the biggest dust-ups, everybody seems to move on with things fairly quickly.

    The one thing I HATE in a site is GROUP THINK! That is why I always enjoyed guys like "Vicar of Value/Vic-Dave" and "JSwede" as I want to be challenged in my thinking about this stock . . .

    In order to generate good debate it is even necessary at times to provoke and be provoked . . like demanding a link to a speculative news story etc . . that's all good . . the great think tank that exists here is because of the debate . . it is healthy.

    Even the "inside baseball" that goes on is entertaining and provocative (although sometimes I wonder if we're not all being duped with a big pro wrestling match) . . . but the inside stuff is what made Stern different . . getting a peak at the behind the scenes politics about Imus or Soupy Sales or John Hayes or competing radio stations put things in real-world perspective.

    So . . I hope your post above was cathartic . . and that you got it out of your system; now snap the hell out of it; don't lose your edge . . . If Charles puts up a crummy Slackdora article then I/we expect to see you come storming through the forums with both guns-a-blazin!
    Actually should have just read this post by Siriusroadkill ,as it explains my beliefs to a tee....

    Inside baseball(personally i would open a new thread and let Charles,Tyler,Brandon,Rick and Newman only post in it and air it all out and come to a agreement after wards and delete it....end of story

  10. #10
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Relmor(UNA) you mean by other things being, questioning someones motives of why they post what they post or strategies myself or others deem harmfull to a longs strategy and as John ,Otone and S-kill say is Free and open debate with tempors flared and also reason winning out in the end,Is this the other?
    If it is i want no part of that community,Thank you ,because open and honest debate is something my ancestors have died for the right to have..
    If Congress and our state and local legislators took a cue from this site we all would be better off in the long run...

    Personally,i'm sick to death of the politically correct debate that has taken hold of this country and drives the sheeple to do whatever THEY as you say want them to...

    But thank you for posting this thread as it is an interesting concept you propose,since posting is way down on both sites,IMHO,because their is not alot to talk about, with substance that is,on a minute by minute basis..

    Yes, that is more of what my point was, yes. To a degree. But even that stuff isnt that bad. I wouldnt want censorship of any kind either. I agree.
    But motives are very hard to gauge, and be sure of. In the past we all have done a little too much prying and accusing. I do not disclude myself. Im hoping we can turn over a new leaf and focus on the strategies, opinions, articles, and such, and not the other stuff. That hurt the entire community, not just one person, one site, or one author. Etc...

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •