Page 3 of 4 1234
    07-14-2009, 12:10 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I can. As companies downsize to meet new demands, and demand begins to increase, no company immediately goes out and rehires people. Banks are lending again, but not enough to generate new jobs. By the time they are, those jobs wont fill or be created like magic. It takes time.
    If you owned a company, and you just laid off 100 people to meet shrinking demand, the second the economy gets better, would you rehire 100 people back? Of course you wouldnt. Hence, its a lagging indicator.
    In my business I always wait for a while when we get busy enough to hire a new person. There is always that period where you could use a part time person, but in our business the training process to hire a part time person doesn't make sense to do it. It would make sense for a lot of businesses, just not us. The current crew just has to work harder and faster until the business shows it can sustain enough for the new person. There is no fat that way, but we always feel it when someone is missing. So I can see your logic with the lag factor.

Enthusiast
    07-14-2009, 12:34 PM #22
    Rel, john, just putting out current information. Might be useful to some. Reflector isn't deployed yet, which they will do once the bird is in final position. Tyler says to expect a few weeks of testing, while others say it could be longer. I'll continue to put out current updates and people can do what they want with them.

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 12:38 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Rel, john, just putting out current information. Might be useful to some. Reflector isn't deployed yet, which they will do once the bird is in final position. Tyler says to expect a few weeks of testing, while others say it could be longer. I'll continue to put out current updates and people can do what they want with them.
    I appreciated your updates. Of course is very useful information. If anyone does see this info as useful, we should explain it to them!!! LOL
    Your future is being tested right now. You should be interested. Saw the launch, and followed it the first day. Very exciting.

Enthusiast
    07-14-2009, 12:47 PM #24
    I'd like to know what that X-band uplink will be used for.

"SIRIUS FM-5 is one of the most powerful satellites constructed with an X-band uplink and an S-band downlink payload. The satellite carries a range of technologies which will allow for highly concentrated transmissions to small, advanced devices."

Mentor
    07-14-2009, 01:09 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    I'd like to know what that X-band uplink will be used for.

"SIRIUS FM-5 is one of the most powerful satellites constructed with an X-band uplink and an S-band downlink payload. The satellite carries a range of technologies which will allow for highly concentrated transmissions to small, advanced devices."
    Ask Libor/Spread. Its Hughes little black box, I believe.

Guru
    07-14-2009, 03:37 PM #26
    Sliding ever so slowly into the red at the end of the day. How predictable.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-14-2009, 08:56 PM #27

BM looking to make a few pennies lol...

Might Sirius XM be ready to report an earnings beat? How about an outright profit for the second quarter? Might a deal of some kind be in the works?

The only thing I can be sure of is that if insiders have decided not to sell preplanned stock sales at this time, that I should think long and hard before selling myself. The next tranche is scheduled to vest on July 22.

http://satwaves.com/blog/2009/07/14/...buy/#more-2549

Also was that 2.2 million trade in AH a buy or sell?

Head Honcho
    07-14-2009, 09:57 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Stock is now forming a noose. Coupled with the head falling off the shoulders this could imply "imminent danger". Depending on the landing of the torso, it may be a new "single limbed" formation. Do your own due dilligence. A potential "falling star" formation may appear. This could be an aberation, or it could be the beginning of an entirely new "trending data base". Check for intersection of, longitude and latitude charting lines. Above all wish me a happy birthday today. Later.
    You just won post of the week, hands down.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-14-2009, 10:30 PM #29
    This forum is becoming very dry... I suppose the stock is as well but does anyone know if that 2.2 million trade in AH was a buy or a sell, I don't have level 2...

07-14-2009, 11:13 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    This forum is becoming very dry... I suppose the stock is as well but does anyone know if that 2.2 million trade in AH was a buy or a sell, I don't have level 2...
    do you get that with scottrade when you have 25k or more? if so i have to wait for .57 LOL

Page 3 of 4 1234