Page 5 of 9 ... 34567 ...
    Mentor
    07-13-2009, 01:49 PM #41

Meredith Whitney on CNBC

Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 10-03-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Enthusiast
    07-13-2009, 01:49 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    My opinion, the 7 day free trial, was way too short. The hardcore Sirius
    listeners were anticipating the new app, which is what, I am assuming,
    the majority of the new apps were comprised of. For the new, potential
    customers, it was here and gone in a flash. Hardly enough time to even
    consider it.

Julie

Definitely too short. Maybe.. hopefully they were hoping on a quick hit that would show up for Q2. If they are smart, they'll come out with an upgraded version (release on the other mobile platforms as well), with Stern, and hit it with a 30 to 60 day free trial.

Guru
    07-13-2009, 01:56 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    As I pen this, Sirius XM Radios' iPhone app has now slipped to #20 as compared to Pandoras slip to #13. That represents a slip of 5 spots for sirius XM and 1 spot for Pandora since I wrote the article pertaining to the app this weekend.

My point in covering this is that the newness factor has worn off on the Sirius XM app, and now they need to do what they can to keep the app high on the list, or risk losing their impressions exposure dramatically.

If the app is all about getting new subscribers, they need to take advantage of anything they can to maintain a high position. This is not about comparing the services, it is about a where services that offer music appear on the overall page, as that is the most frequent page visited on iTunes.

The Pandora had their "newness run" when they launched. Now, as an established app, they are still able to garner and keep a high ranking. Sirius XM needs to try to stay up there in the rankings. I fear that #20 will not be the low point. A slip of 5 spots in a day and a half is not a good thing. Until the downward trend stops, it will be tough to gage the organic level of interest in this app. Getting 1,000,000 downloads was great. The second million will be much harder if the current trend continues.

The problem with that Tyler is they are going to have to offer the service for free. I will ask you this and it was asked before, How many of those apps that beat SIRIXM are a pay for service. Thats the problem Tyler, so unless you are suggesting they should offer their services for free like all the ones that are higher up on the list then SIRIXM, just shut your hole on this subject already. If SIRIXM was free and they still were lower on the list then Pandora then I would say you have a point otherwise you are pissing into the wind because the main problem is that SIRIXM is a service you have to pay to get and until that part changes they will most likely always be lower on the list then a multitude of FREE services.

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 01:59 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Yes you are. Her comments are in italics.
    Come on man, just stop it. So her replying to comments is enough? She shouldn't have written an post? if I mention something in a few words in reply to a comment in an article that would be enough to you guys?

How big was this news to her? What if I wrote "merger approved" in the old article the day before the merger? I guess I would have addressed the merger right? or the bailout? or the iPhone app?

I really should have written a follow up article to my Rosie press release article because Rosie replied to people in the comments section of her blog? You can say yes, I am curious of you guys opinions.

I will say, that if that is the case, I will NEVER come close to living up to your expectations.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    07-13-2009, 02:07 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Come on man, just stop it. So her replying to comments is enough? She shouldn't have written an post? if I mention something in a few words in reply to a comment in an article that would be enough to you guys?

How big was this news to her? What if I wrote "merger approved" in the old article the day before the merger? I guess I would have addressed the merger right? or the bailout? or the iPhone app?

I really should have written a follow up article to my Rosie press release article because Rosie replied to people in the comments section of her blog? You can say yes, I am curious of you guys opinions.

I will say, that if that is the case, I will NEVER come close to living up to your expectations.
    I said this earlier in this thread: Maybe not a full blown update on the main site, but how about something half way positive in the forums here. Too much to ask?

You are the one that wrote the Rosie article with all your concerns. Shit man, their is some good info in those replies. Like a good possibility of getting some subs, possible promotion, we now know her contract length... lots of little tidbits. You could easily have posted about that in the threads instead of the constant Pandora bullshit. I'll say the same to you... enough already.

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 02:24 PM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    The problem with that Tyler is they are going to have to offer the service for free. I will ask you this and it was asked before, How many of those apps that beat SIRIXM are a pay for service. Thats the problem Tyler, so unless you are suggesting they should offer their services for free like all the ones that are higher up on the list then SIRIXM, just shut your hole on this subject already. If SIRIXM was free and they still were lower on the list then Pandora then I would say you have a point otherwise you are pissing into the wind because the main problem is that SIRIXM is a service you have to pay to get and until that part changes they will most likely always be lower on the list then a multitude of FREE services.
    That is a problem Sirius XM is going to have to deal with. The question is how they accomplish that. They need to have everything that Slacker and Pandora have and more in order to garner as many subs as possible.

Why not have the ability for people give ratings on songs. Why not pave the way for customized channels, etc.

One problem is that some of the capabilities on Pandora and Sirius XM are pretty darn slick. Sirius XM needs to be able to match that slickness. ratings, album art, artist profiles, and customized channels are all features this company should strongly consider.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 02:26 PM #47
    I said this earlier in this thread: Maybe not a full blown update on the main site, but how about something half way positive in the forums here. Too much to ask?
    That is what the forums are for, go for it, they are open for anyone to contribute. I am sure a few of us are glad you did.

You are the one that wrote the Rosie article with all your concerns.
    All my concerns? Really? Because I wondered where a blog post was? I wrote that line in full confidence that one was coming around the corner.

Shit man, their is some good info in those replies. Like a good possibility of getting some subs, possible promotion, we now know her contract length... lots of little tidbits. You could easily have posted about that in the threads instead of the constant Pandora bullshit. I'll say the same to you... enough already.
    Who is going to see those comments?

I am sorry but, I can not monitor the entire internet and I certainly cant promise I will read the comments on the Rosie blog... not gonna happen. I guess that makes me a crappy journalist?

What you call "Pandora bullshit" I call a company that is cutting into the Sirius XM market share. I am NOT sorry that I consider that more news worthy then comments on Rosie O's website.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-13-2009, 02:29 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    That is a problem Sirius XM is going to have to deal with. The question is how they accomplish that. They need to have everything that Slacker and Pandora have and more in order to garner as many subs as possible.

Why not have the ability for people give ratings on songs. Why not pave the way for customized channels, etc.

One problem is that some of the capabilities on Pandora and Sirius XM are pretty darn slick. Sirius XM needs to be able to match that slickness. ratings, album art, artist profiles, and customized channels are all features this company should strongly consider.

Tyler like before I am not saying your ideas for SIRIXM were bad opinions, what I am saying is that it will not be enough to get them passed a free service. The point is unless those apps include a whore that is going to suck your cock for the present subscription fee they are not going to be enough.

P.S. I am talking about a good looking whore not a street corner one.
    Last edited by john; 07-13-2009 at 02:33 PM.

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 02:30 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    My dad used to say pissing in the wind. Takes me back. Nice useage.

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 02:36 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    My dad used to say pissing in the wind. Takes me back. Nice useage.
    Personally, I'm more fond of:

"go piss up a rope"

or the one taught to me by my politcal mentor:

"don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"

(see that Relmor . . I didn't even bash the stock; good for me, I'm inconsistent; that's my "moto")

Page 5 of 9 ... 34567 ...