Page 4 of 9 ... 23456 ...
    Mentor
    07-13-2009, 11:49 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    If anything the overtone was playful and I was painting a picture of how it was weird. It is weird IMHO. She was of the first and still one of the only that rants on a video blog and no mention of her new deal seemed strange... you guys really disagree? There was an update about a lost bird... she talks about anything and everything no matter how insignificant.

I am sorry you took it as negative.

Not true, my article had 4 positives and 4 negatives. I search twitter and other SE's for any and all information.

You guys sure do reach and I am not sure why. I am long and more committed to this stock than most. Either I am failing to make my tone known or you guys just see anything negative and put on blinders to the positive, I am not sure. I welcome you all to give me a call anytime or listen to the radio show to hear how I feel and where I am coming from. Why you think Sirius XM negatives are simply my negatives is lost on me. Its not all rainbows and sunshine with this company and that is NOT my fault. Its just reality. I dont expect them to be perfect, there is going to be bad news from time to time.
    Charles agree somewhat about some peoples perception of you and how you feel what is and isn't important for SXM,but alot of people posting on here,(Myself included) have only been here for under a year and have never seen you write a full blown article on what you think is Positive and negative about SiriusXM...Maybe You could take this suggestion and write a full blown post in a seperate thread about all your thoughts about this company,so we would know where you stand on each issue.
    Ex:Subs,debt,OEM's deals,content,Mel and Board,Liberty deal,R/S,PR dept,Ropyalty pass through,Customer versus investors expectations....ET AL.
    Hope this helps...

Mentor
    07-13-2009, 12:10 PM #32
    The next day she wrote about a lost bird. Not Sirius XM. There was no mention of her new contract. I still dont think there has been but I havent had time to read her whole blog. I know a full week after there was still no mention.
    Yes,otone copied her blog and anything SXM related said,saw June 25th and thought that was the date,but he doesn't have dates for each post..

Guru
    07-13-2009, 12:23 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Darn, so it might barely help Q3 on that take. Q4 would be the first full quarter to see how it helped. But regardless, a new revenue stream is a new revenue stream. Not going to hurt, thats for sure. If there take rate on new cars is 45%, maybe on used they can get 40%(decreased due to the consumer buying used, may indicate less discresionary money he has to spend). And is the free trial with every sale, or just those who request it. I would think to leave the salesman out of the loop, it would be with every sale that had a radio in it, standard. Just as a given. Now how many of there cars do they sell, have sat. radio in them? If its under 3 years old, we can take penetration rates from that brand from 1 or 2 years ago, and come up with a reasonable estimate.

My opinion on this is that SIRIXM is basically giving the subscription and Mercedes is going to promote it in the used car sales department meaning that the sales persons will show exactly (well maybe not exactly) the way to use the radio.

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 12:44 PM #34

Sirius XM app vs. Pandora app

As I pen this, Sirius XM Radios' iPhone app has now slipped to #20 as compared to Pandoras slip to #13. That represents a slip of 5 spots for sirius XM and 1 spot for Pandora since I wrote the article pertaining to the app this weekend.

My point in covering this is that the newness factor has worn off on the Sirius XM app, and now they need to do what they can to keep the app high on the list, or risk losing their impressions exposure dramatically.

If the app is all about getting new subscribers, they need to take advantage of anything they can to maintain a high position. This is not about comparing the services, it is about a where services that offer music appear on the overall page, as that is the most frequent page visited on iTunes.

The Pandora had their "newness run" when they launched. Now, as an established app, they are still able to garner and keep a high ranking. Sirius XM needs to try to stay up there in the rankings. I fear that #20 will not be the low point. A slip of 5 spots in a day and a half is not a good thing. Until the downward trend stops, it will be tough to gage the organic level of interest in this app. Getting 1,000,000 downloads was great. The second million will be much harder if the current trend continues.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    07-13-2009, 01:23 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Yes,otone copied her blog and anything SXM related said,saw June 25th and thought that was the date,but he doesn't have dates for each post..
    The first entry on the blog entries I copied is from the 25th. Then the 27th,29th, 7/1,7/4,7/7, and so on.

07-13-2009, 01:38 PM #36
    My opinion, the 7 day free trial, was way too short. The hardcore Sirius
    listeners were anticipating the new app, which is what, I am assuming,
    the majority of the new apps were comprised of. For the new, potential
    customers, it was here and gone in a flash. Hardly enough time to even
    consider it.

Julie

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 01:40 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    The first entry on the blog entries I copied is from the 25th. Then the 27th,29th, 7/1,7/4,7/7, and so on.
    Am I missing something? Arent those comments from visitors?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 01:45 PM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Ex:Subs,debt,OEM's deals,content,Mel and Board,Liberty deal,R/S,PR dept,Ropyalty pass through,Customer versus investors expectations....ET AL.
    Hope this helps...
    That isn't what I do. That is why Tyler does. I talk about tech stuff, marketing, programming and how I think it effects the company. I have never written about those things and don't plan on it. I am smart enough to know that I wouldn't do those topics the justice people like Tyler and Homer do.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    07-13-2009, 01:46 PM #40
    Am I missing something? Arent those comments from visitors?
    Yes you are. Her comments are in italics.

Page 4 of 9 ... 23456 ...