Page 8 of 12 ... 678910 ...
    Enthusiast
    05-30-2010, 12:29 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeman View Post
    My daughter and I both subscribe to Sirius radio for our cars and to tell the truth we both enjoy the programs. My daughter’s subscription is about to expire and she called Sirius to reinstate her subscription and was told that the cost of a subscription was now $188 – this is quite a bit more than it was only a year ago. Because of this increase she may have to cancel her subscription and I too might cancel mine. My question is – I have automatic renewal and wonder if I will have a problem cancelling that automatic renewal.
    I have read some of the other posts about people trying to cancel and I must say I am worried – should I be?
    SnakeMan....

The cost increase would be due to the royalty rates for music. There is now a charge for that. Sirius XM will typically give someone a break if they renew for a year or longer. Automatic renewal is what it is. Call before it expires. You can often strike yourself a good deal if you are going to cancel. It is similar to trying to cancel with your cell carrier. They sweeten the deal to try to keep you.

05-31-2010, 09:12 AM #72

we did it

My daughter called to tell Sirius that she was cancelling and they ‘sweetened the deal’ by reducing the renewal fee from $188 to $177 per year – wow a hot $11 (91 cents a month) – be still my heart. I know Sirius tells people that the increase in cost is because of the monies they need to spend on royalties but I would be willing to bet that a fair chunk of the cost they charge consumers is lining some Sirius CEO pockets.
    Last edited by Snakeman; 05-31-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Guru
    05-31-2010, 07:15 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    SnakeMan....

The cost increase would be due to the royalty rates for music. There is now a charge for that. Sirius XM will typically give someone a break if they renew for a year or longer. Automatic renewal is what it is. Call before it expires. You can often strike yourself a good deal if you are going to cancel. It is similar to trying to cancel with your cell carrier. They sweeten the deal to try to keep you.
    Amen - Snakeman, work it. My wife has several credit cards that she "must" use to get the "best" deals. The problem is that if your payment is one second late you get whopping late charge. Since the plan was to go with Amex across the board, every time we get hit, I tell her to cancel. The credit card company always gives in. SIRI tried like hell to get me to renew, but would cough up my price (a brand new Stilleto, they did offer up a refurbished one, and they did discount the sub). Work 'em down.

05-31-2010, 09:53 PM #74

Boycot Sirius might work

Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Amen - Snakeman, work it. My wife has several credit cards that she "must" use to get the "best" deals. The problem is that if your payment is one second late you get whopping late charge. Since the plan was to go with Amex across the board, every time we get hit, I tell her to cancel. The credit card company always gives in. SIRI tried like hell to get me to renew, but would cough up my price (a brand new Stilleto, they did offer up a refurbished one, and they did discount the sub). Work 'em down.
    You can buy a lot of CDs for the money Sirius charges and there are still FREE stations all over the Country - I think everyone should boycot them for a year and see if the price comes down.

Guru
    06-01-2010, 01:44 PM #75
    You can buy a lot of CDs for the money Sirius charges and there are still FREE stations all over the Country - I think everyone should boycot them for a year and see if the price comes down.
    But, big but, what if you like the product?? My wife and I have a boombox. What a great weekend it was listening to Jack Johnson in Artist Confidential out on the porch. (I think that's what it was called). Call me cynical, but you pay for what you get.

06-02-2010, 07:43 AM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    But, big but, what if you like the product?? My wife and I have a boombox. What a great weekend it was listening to Jack Johnson in Artist Confidential out on the porch. (I think that's what it was called). Call me cynical, but you pay for what you get.
    OK - my question for today - are we all paying the same amount - our lowest price quote was $177/year - what do you pay? Tell the truth...

Enthusiast
    06-02-2010, 09:56 AM #77
    OK - my question for today - are we all paying the same amount - our lowest price quote was $177/year - what do you pay? Tell the truth...
    $177 for my XMP3 w/ XM Everything and $253 a yr. for SXM Everything w/ the MiRGE
    it would be cheaper to just get a XpressRCi and get rid of my MiRGE , that way I'd have a 2nd
    XM-radio w/ a MRD , I have one more month to decide if I want to keep the MiRGE
    Last edited by denb45; 06-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Guru
    06-02-2010, 11:57 AM #78
    My base sub is 179.16 which is 12.95 + 1.98 royalty fee per month (not including 2.99 per month internet access). This is for the "Sirius Everything" package (at least that's what on my records) My second sub is half off. My third sub I pay semi annually for a total of $119.54 per year (no internet).

I didn't want the third sub. It was my wife's idea (as was the 4th sub which I cancelled).
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 06-02-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: added package

9. gover
    06-03-2010, 02:36 AM #79

Smile helmet speakers

Oh! great, These kind of sites. Thanks for this informative site.
    ==============
    gover
    helmet speakers

07-28-2010, 11:53 AM #80

Talking Problem Solved

I tried to cancel about a month ago, and got the same bad experience that began this conversation. After holding for an hour, gave up.

Called main customer service number again today; COMPLETELY different experience. The representative was very polite, canceled my account, refunded the unused portion my pre-payment without my even asking for it. Maybe sirius saw the complaints and fixed the problem.

Canceling my sirius account was so easy, that I will consider going back to sirius again someday. I wouldn't have said that a month ago.

Page 8 of 12 ... 678910 ...