Page 4 of 12 ... 23456 ...
    10-31-2007, 06:15 PM #31

Re: Unauthorized Charges and why do business...

#1 - Does ANYBODY honestly believe the Better Business Bureau gave Sirius an unsatifactory rating because of "automatic renewals" that are spelled out in their terms and conditions???

REALLY???

I would be willing to bet MONEY those are not the "unauthorized charges" we are talking about here... Those things would be EASILY shot down by Sirius when the BBB went to check them out... The Better Business Bureau recognizes a problem and gave Sirius the EXACT SAME unsatisfactory ranking they gave XM... That ranking was RICHLY deserved and it was NOT because of "automatic renewals".

#2 - As to why I would do business with either of these companies... I LOVE the product... I said in my VERY FIRST POST the Sirius PRODUCT is fantastic and well worth the money.

I only switched to XM because they have Fox Sports Radio and more importantly baseball, including the MLB channel with original programming 24/7.

If this merger doesn't go through and XM for some reason went under, I will go back to Sirius... The fact that the product is good is, in my view, undeniable... That does NOT excuse the way they handle cancellations and some of the other issues the BBB has with them, just as the good product does not excuse XM from the same issues.

And based on the total number of subscribers for each company, I'm not sure how having a few more filed complaints than Sirius makes XM a "shittier" company... They also have a hell of a lot more customers.

But I can understand how somebody wearing a skirt and dancing around with Pom Poms singing, "Give me an "S"... Give me an "I"... Give me an "R"... " would attempt to make the point.

10-31-2007, 06:20 PM #32
    So FIRST you write THIS:

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This is far from a "we love Sirius website"...I do love Sirius BUT that doesn't mean I don't trash them if they do something stupid. Take a look back at some of my posts where I blatantly question the company or some move they made.
    And just a DAY LATER you write THIS:

I would NEVER EVER do business with any company/industry that made me so mad that I went on message boards to vent about it. Thats just me.

So which one of these "stories" do you want to go with here??? Doesn't really matter to me, but I think you should at least pick one and stick with it.
    Last edited by larylegnd; 10-31-2007 at 06:23 PM.

Head Honcho
    10-31-2007, 08:17 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    #2 - As to why I would do business with either of these companies... I LOVE the product... I said in my VERY FIRST POST the Sirius PRODUCT is fantastic and well worth the money.
    You should do testimonials for the whole SATRAD industry. I'm not being facetious either. You love SATRAD so much that you are willing to put up with what you describe as shady business tactics and piss poor customer service!

Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    They also have a hell of a lot more customers.
    Not really percentage wise. They have had more more subscribers sign up in the past few quarters and still XM has more complaints in the past 12 months.

I am sticking with my story. I said... "I would NEVER EVER do business with any company/industry that made me so mad that I went on message boards to vent about it. Thats just me." I was already here on this site covering Sirius as a whole. YOU went out of your way to find this site and bitch. Again...there is nothing wrong with that, we respect your opinion, but you did find this board and this was your first post ever.

Whether you hate me or not, I still appreciate you being here and sharing your story :-)
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-31-2007, 10:57 PM #34

Re: "hate"...

Nothing personal, but where in the HELL did "hate" come from???

In my not-so-humble opinion, that is #1 on the list of what is wrong with message boards... Somebody points out a contradiction or disagrees with another person's view point, and all of a sudden somebody is taking it so personally, they actually entertain the thought that they are "hated" by a complete stranger who knows nothing about them outside of their contributions to a board...

Please don't ever think there is anything personal involved (with the exception of Sirius, of course) with any of my comments here.

Head Honcho
    11-01-2007, 12:20 AM #35
    Apparently my smiley face at that end of that post did nothing to lighten the inflection
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-01-2007, 12:36 AM #36
    Apparently my smiley face at that end of that post did nothing to lighten the inflection
    My bad... On the original message it came out as text rather than the icon and I completely missed it. I hope you'll accept my sincere apology for not recognizing the spirit in which that post was obviously intended.

Mentor
    11-01-2007, 04:47 AM #37
    I sence a group hug coming any time now.....

Edit: How about in larys commercial for SatRad, we leave the customer service part out though huh?

03-05-2008, 08:44 PM #38

Thumbs up Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This site just saved me a ton of frustration and time! I tried to remove one activation ID from my account (sold the car), and the Sirius agent told me to call the 866-527-6040 number ... yeah, busy, busy, busy.

I had a feeling there might be a "problem", so I did a quick Google on the number and found this site, and THIS thread ... wow! Thanks so much for posting the issues ... I just call the main number, asked for a supervisor and poof! Cancelled ... thanks again!!!

Sandee | NJ
    www.sandeeland.com

Head Honcho
    03-05-2008, 09:36 PM #39
    That is great to hear. Just like any other company...it's about finding the right channels to go through!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-11-2008, 11:06 AM #40
    Granted it has been almost a year since this thread was started, but I'd like to share that I had no problems at all with canceling my subscription to Sirius.
    We had been customers late 2004, loved the service.
    We moved to England and we didn't get a signal at all.
    I called the number previously mentioned in this thread, had to go through all of that automated BS, then got through to an associate. She wanted to check that my billing address was correct, I laughed and said that was what I was calling about. She went on with the cancellation process, but did tell me all about how we could listen online. I kindly said "No thanks" and that was that. No more Sirius for us until we want it back.

So, there is hope out there.

Page 4 of 12 ... 23456 ...