Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 115

Thread: Ever try to CANCEL Sirius???

  1. #21
    larylegnd is offline
    Junior Member
    larylegnd's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Is there a possible issue? Yes. We never doubted that.

    You posted a total of 38 complaints dating back to December of 05. That is not all that bad. Yes, there is obviously some people that are having issues with customer service. I know that happens. I do not doubt you are having problems.

    .....
    If you REALLY need me to take up more room on this board posting MORE, I'm sure I can find plenty more...

    And the whole thought of, "Hey, you can always contest those post cacellation charges on your card" as if that's some sort of defense for what Sirius is doing is BEYOND absurd.

    Just out of curiosity, and to take it to extreme, what happens when Sirius says they have no record of your trying to cancel??? Then what??? What if your credit card company removes the charges and then Sirius reports you to the credit bureaus for not paying them the money you "owe" them????

    By the way, when I went through the disaster I went through attempting to cancel, and finally got a hold of customer service rep "Ashley", who allegedly cancelled my service, I ASKED for a confirmation number...

    GUESS WHAT??? According to Ashley, there is NO confirmation number... So I'm Watching... Waiting... We'll see if it got cancelled... We'll see if I'm added to the long line of people Sirius Satellite Radio has allegedly stolen money from AFTER they cancelled their service.

  2. #22
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    #1) If you dispute the charges, Sirius cannot go back and file a report with the credit bureaus. (And from my recollection, XM never asks for a social security number, which is mandatory for a credit bureau report anyways).

    #2) Record EVERYTHING when dealing with telemarketers. At a minimum, write down a name, extension number, time, and date. I personally like to record everything on either tape or on a digital recorder and transfer it to my computer.

    I did not mean that reversing the charges with you credit card was a "defense" for what they are doing. I just said it is an option if it happens, that way you are not out any money. As far as the complaints go, remember that this is a company with over 7 million subscribing customers. In customer service, if you have a 99% satisfaction rating, that is pretty damn good. In order for them to have that 1% disapproval, you would have to post over 70,000 complaints.

    Like I said, is there an issue? Sure. I never doubted that. Is it a business killer? Certainly not. There are always people with bad customer service experiences, and we have all been there unfortunately.

  3. #23
    larylegnd is offline
    Junior Member
    larylegnd's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    #1) If you dispute the charges, Sirius cannot go back and file a report with the credit bureaus. (And from my recollection, XM never asks for a social security number, which is mandatory for a credit bureau report anyways).

    #2) Record EVERYTHING when dealing with telemarketers. At a minimum, write down a name, extension number, time, and date. I personally like to record everything on either tape or on a digital recorder and transfer it to my computer.

    I did not mean that reversing the charges with you credit card was a "defense" for what they are doing. I just said it is an option if it happens, that way you are not out any money. As far as the complaints go, remember that this is a company with over 7 million subscribing customers. In customer service, if you have a 99% satisfaction rating, that is pretty damn good. In order for them to have that 1% disapproval, you would have to post over 70,000 complaints.

    Like I said, is there an issue? Sure. I never doubted that. Is it a business killer? Certainly not. There are always people with bad customer service experiences, and we have all been there unfortunately.

    Anybody who EVER does any kind of survey will tell you that for every person you find who says this or believes that, there are countless others who say or believe the same thing or have experienced the same thing...

    The whole idea that I would have to find 70,000 people who posted their disgust online is absurd. As if everybody who had a problem is going to post their complaint on that one website or AT ALL for that matter...

    As you yourself finally got around to admitting, there is an issue, though I suspect based on the reactions coming from that SINGULAR website, it's MUCH greater than you would like to believe.

    7,000,000 sounds like a lot... But compare that to DirecTV... Or cable television... Compared to the customer list for THOSE companies, 7 mil is TINY... And Sirius STILL has a much tougher time with their customers than those companies do... And Sirius STILL has a much tougher time with their billing than those companies do...

    And again, I cannot stress this enough, it seems as if Sirius only has a major problem when it comes to cancellations... They are fine with everything else, which leads one to believe this "issue" they are having might not be an accident.

    Your thought of RECORDING all your conversations with customer service rep's is a good one... But I have to be honest with you here... Over my 40+ years on this planet, I have dealt with a LOT of over-the-phone customer service departments...

    I have cancelled cell phones, credit card accounts, cable television, magazine subscriptions, etc... Never once, I repeat NOT ONCE, have I ever read of somebody being charged AFTER they cancelled, and NEVER ONCE have I ever felt like I NEEDED to be recording the conversation... That is, until I dealt with Sirius Satellite Radio!

  4. #24
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,491
    I'll try and keep this brief;

    That is still only a few when you are talking about millions.

    Here is your new company XM
    http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?na...compid=1032934
    and their "unsatisfactory record"
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  5. #25
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    I know, it is sad to think you may have to go to such extremes to deal with a corporation, but I am afraid that is what is wrong with our great nation. It is run by the corporations.

    They get congress to pass laws that let them waiver on unethical, but still be within the law. It is not just Sirius satellite radio. It is ALL corporations, with very few exceptions.

    Many of the issues you mentioned (actually, the complainers mentioned) are actually non-issues, mixed with serious issues. Automatic renewal of subscription? That has been done since the advent of credit card billing. Do you have to call every month to renew your cell phone? Nope, they just bill you and you pay it. Credit cards that charge an annual fee post that fee automatically every year. Book clubs, CD clubs, etc. etc. etc. They keep sending and billing until you call to cancel.
    Phone solicitors not giving out last names? That has never happened. In todays world of terror, no one wants to put themselves or their employees in harms way. Call ANY of your customer service lines and ask the rep for their last name. They wont give it to you. They will only give you a last initial or an extension or operator number.
    The fact that they do not have confirmation numbers for cancellations, that is wrong. The fact that they cannot track account activity and apparently "lose" accounts is bad. I have heard stories in the past of "bad" customer service (on XMs side) where the person calls and cancels and the bill is dropped, but the radio is never deactivated so they get free XM until the error is discovered. THIS part is what is concerning, because how many people are getting free radio? How many accounts are "lost" and not being charged? Something definately needs to be looked into.
    But, I will maintain my stance that an extreamly large majority of the subscribers are extremely satisfied with the service they recieve. As I stated previously, I do not have Sirius, but XM and I have cancelled, transfered services, etc a few times and never once had a problem and never had to wait long periods of time other than the initial phone call hold.

    Good luck with XM, and hopefully we will see you back on these boards posting your enjoyment of the services there. Try out the XM comedy channel 150 - It is HILLARIOUS (and uncensored).

  6. #26
    larylegnd is offline
    Junior Member
    larylegnd's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I'll try and keep this brief;

    That is still only a few when you are talking about millions.

    Here is your new company XM
    http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?na...compid=1032934
    and their "unsatisfactory record"

    That was a "few" (38) on ONE SITE... I could find many others, but I'm sure you'd just erase all those complaints, as well...

    And why am I not surprised that the "head honcho" of the We love Sirius website didn't bother to post the SIRIUS page from the Better Business Bureau????

    Since you won't, I will.

    http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/b...page=1&id=9591

    And the BBB's opinion of Sirius Satellite Radio???

    "Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints."

    I'm guessing they don't hand that out because of "just a few" people who had problems... And as I said before, I am not here to sing the praises of XM. For all I know, XM is WORSE... I don't know... whether they are or are not does not excuse the manner in which Sirius has treated and down right CHEATED many of their customers.
    Last edited by larylegnd; 10-29-2007 at 11:44 PM.

  7. #27
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    That was a "few" (38) on ONE SITE... I could find many others, but I'm sure you'd just erase all those complaints, as well...
    All of the complaints you posted are available via the link you posted....so why post the info twice? It just seemed redundant to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    And why am I not surprised that the "head honcho" of the We love Sirius website
    This is far from a "we love Sirius website"...I do love Sirius BUT that doesn't mean I don't trash them if they do something stupid. Take a look back at some of my posts where I blatantly question the company or some move they made.

    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    Since you won't, I will.

    "Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints."
    At least Sirius seems to address all of their issues....unlike XM. But what is your argument here? You say that Sirius is shitty and then admittedly go to a company that is even shittier? You are burying yourself here.

    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    whether they are or are not does not excuse the manner in which Sirius has treated and down right CHEATED many of their customers.
    Am I missing something here? How have the CHEATED their customers?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  8. #28
    larylegnd is offline
    Junior Member
    larylegnd's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post



    At least Sirius seems to address all of their issues....unlike XM. But what is your argument here? You say that Sirius is shitty and then admittedly go to a company that is even shittier? You are burying yourself here.



    Am I missing something here? How have the CHEATED their customers?

    Exactly what part of "and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints." suggests Sirius is "addressing their issues" ????

    Furthermore, while I have freely admitted from the START that XM does not appear to be any better with cancellations, how do you come up with their being "shittier" in this area than Sirius????

    Looks like 6 of one half-dozen of the other to me.

    You are the one who brought the Better Business Bureau into this discussion. And the Better Business Bureau says the SAME EXACT THING about Sirius that they do about XM... THE SAME EXACT THING - and I QUOTE: "Based on BBB files, this business [Sirius] has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau..."

    So I ask again, when they BBB says the same EXACT thing about BOTH companies, how does any unbiased person take that to mean XM is "shittier" than Sirius????


    As far as the cheating their customers goes, according to complaints posted on the Better Business Bureau's website, MANY people have had "unauthorized charges" applied to their credit card, check card, or bank accounts by Sirius.

    Obviously the Better Business Bureau doesn't take these things lightly. They checked them out with Sirius. The result?

    "Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints."
    Last edited by larylegnd; 10-31-2007 at 06:29 AM.

  9. #29
    Newman is offline
    Mentor
    Newman's Avatar
    Joined: Jun 2007 Location: Dallas Texas Posts: 1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Automatic renewal of subscription? That has been done since the advent of credit card billing. Do you have to call every month to renew your cell phone? Nope, they just bill you and you pay it. Credit cards that charge an annual fee post that fee automatically every year. Book clubs, CD clubs, etc. etc. etc. They keep sending and billing until you call to cancel.
    This is part of a post I wrote the other day. These charges are NOT considered unauthorized, because in the member agreement, it states that the bill will automatically be renewed upon expiration unless you previously call and cancel.

    I know that some of the complaints wrote that they canceled their credit cards and got a new one and the new one was billed. How exactly this happens (or if it actually happened), I have no idea. If it did in fact happen (which I give the benifit of the doubt, since more than one person posted that it happened to them) I would ASSUME (I am not a lawyer) that this is within the law, because no company would be dumb enough to go out and commit outright credit card fraud. Ethical? Borderline. Illegal? I doubt it. When you agree to service, you agree for them to charge your ACCOUNT, not your credit card number. If you simply changed the number, then they are still billing it to the account. If they had not called and cancled it, then they still have authorization. If they called to cancel, then it goes back to the original problem that you mentioned in your post. And unless they have PROOF of cancelation (i.e. a recording like I suggested since they dont give confirmation numbers) then there is nothing that they can do about it.

    Suck? Yes. Unethical? Borderline (if its being done intentionally) Illegal? No.

  10. #30
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    So I ask again, when they BBB says the same EXACT thing about BOTH companies, how does any unbiased person take that to mean XM is "shittier" than Sirius????
    XM has more formally filed complaints.

    Using your logic, why would you ever do business with a company that is equally as bad as this company which makes you so irate You must not really be that unhappy or you wouldn't have changed providers. Can you cancel your subscription on the XM website (I am honestly asking...I dont know)? But if you cant, then you shouldn't do business with them. Since you said...

    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    There is something VERY questionable (or is it just down right sleezy?) about a company that allows you to sign up and pay online but refuses to allow you to cancel that way.
    I would NEVER EVER do business with any company/industry that made me so mad that I went on message boards to vent about it. Thats just me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •