Page 1 of 12 12311 ...
    10-22-2007, 05:43 PM #1

Ever try to CANCEL Sirius???

Anybody ever try to CANCEL Sirius????

What a friggin' joke! You can SIGN UP online... You can SIGN UP at the main number...

Try to cancel your subscription that way sometime!

They give you a different number you have to call... 1-866-527-6040... This number, shockingly, is ALWAYS busy!

After an hour of messing with this b/s, I call back to the main number, explain my frustration, and the customer service rep "transfers" me to the correct dep't to cancel... Apparently to Sirius, "transfer" consists of placing the customer on hold for 15 minutes of easy listening and then disconnecting the call.

After this, I figured I'd give the cancellation line another try... Still busy... I'm stunned.

I call the main number for a THIRD time, talk to "Ashley", who tells me, she can cancel the subscription.

When asked why the first two rep's could not, Ashley has no answer.

After this train wreck of an afternoon, I went online and searched for "Sirius cancel busy"...

Not surprisingly, I quickly came to realize this "waiting out the customer" policy is standard operating procedure over at Sirius.

Very classy. Why not just get a mask and a gun and knock over a couple of 7-11's while you're at it!

I signed up with Sirius for Howard Stern. But the sports programming on XM is better - especially if you're a big time baseball fan, so I had to make the switch.

I honestly enjoyed my time with Sirius, the service is well worth the money, and I sincerely hope the merger goes through so I can enjoy the best of both worlds.

But something HAS to be done about all those b/s hoops they make you jump through when you wish to cancel.

There is something VERY questionable (or is it just down right sleezy?) about a company that allows you to sign up and pay online but refuses to allow you to cancel that way.

10-22-2007, 06:09 PM #2
    Since the MLB season was over three weeks ago, why would you cancel now if you still like Stern? Your rational for canceling is suspect. You could have waited until April or when the merger is approved. Once the merger is approved, you will be able to purchase the MLB via Sirius/XM.

10-22-2007, 06:21 PM #3

Re: why now

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusInvestor View Post
    Since the MLB season was over three weeks ago, why would you cancel now if you still like Stern? Your rational for canceling is suspect. You could have waited until April or when the merger is approved. Once the merger is approved, you will be able to purchase the MLB via Sirius/XM.

well, of course, the MLB season is not "over" yet... But, that aside, they do have the 24-hour MLB radio channel on XM... Charley Steiner, Kevin Kennedy, and a bunch of guys I really like.

I certainly wanted to have that for the offseason... The "Hot Stove League" is almost as enjoyable to me as the games themselves... ALMOST...

This all started last March when my wife leased a new Toyota Camery... She got a free 3-month trial of XM... I was hooked immediately... The music means nothing to me, as I never listen to the music channels - I have an MP3 player with every CD I own on it...

But the sports, especially the baseball means everything to me. Moreover, XM has the national Fox Sports Radio feed (sirius does not), which gives me one more option for good sports talk.

So, when I decided to get a new car last week, I decided to lease a Camery of my own, got a SIX-month free trial of XM with it, and after a little over an hour today was FINALLY (fingers crossed) able to cancel my Sirius subscription.

As I said, I sincerely hope the merger goes through. I would love to be able to hear Howard Stern and the NFL to go along with the baseball programming I love so much.
    Last edited by larylegnd; 10-22-2007 at 06:23 PM.

10-22-2007, 08:54 PM #4
    Is there any chance possible that you may have simply been a pain in the ass and that is why the first reps you talked to didn't cancel your service (if that really even happened)?

I have to question your story because I have to say that after all of the bad customer service experiences I have had in my life I never once searched for online discussion boards to talk about it.

I mean, after your account was canceled, did you run to your computer and start searching for a place to vent online? I can almost guarantee that will not stick around and participate in this forum...so why come here in the first place? To simply start a smear campaign against a company that most people will tell you have very good customer service?

10-23-2007, 11:12 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Is there any chance possible that you may have simply been a pain in the ass and that is why the first reps you talked to didn't cancel your service (if that really even happened)?

I have to question your story because I have to say that after all of the bad customer service experiences I have had in my life I never once searched for online discussion boards to talk about it.

I mean, after your account was canceled, did you run to your computer and start searching for a place to vent online? I can almost guarantee that will not stick around and participate in this forum...so why come here in the first place? To simply start a smear campaign against a company that most people will tell you have very good customer service?

It's called freedom of speech... And if you doubt what I say, give Sirius a call and ask THEM what the process for cancelation is... Then call the number they give you (1-866-527-6040) and see if you can ever get it to ring.

I was VERY nice the first two times I called. Ironically, based on your theory, it's when I lost my cool after three calls and an hour of trying that the rep at the main number finally said SHE could cancel my subscription... When I was NICE, I was told not once but TWICE by TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE that they are not allowed to cancel subscriptions at that number.

In addition, check this link:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6l53f/s...atelliteradio/

Scan down to the header titled "cancellation problems"...

There are five people on that one very small site alone that list the SAME EXACT ridiculous problem I had when trying to cancel, and those date back to 2006.

The entire IDEA of being able to SIGNUP online, and being able to PAY online, but NOT being able to CANCEL online is VERY SLEEZY, ESPECIALLY when they are holding your bank info or credit card information over your head ready to charge you again and renew your subscription if you don't find the little piece of cheese at the end of their ridiculous maze in time.

If Sirius made signing up as difficult as they have made cancelling, they would be hard pressed to ever get any new subscribers.

Give this site a try:
    http://www.steveouting.com/this-sirius-ly-sucks.html

Must just be me, though... With very little effort, I have found two sites where many different people consistently tell the same horror story about attempting to cancel their Sirius subscription.

As I said before, if you can SIGNUP online, and you can PAY online, there is NO reason you should not be able to cancel that way. And the whole idea of having easy-to-reach customer service rep's that can do anything BUT cancel your service, and then an always-busy line for cancellations????

VERY VERY SLEEZY!

It's like they have a bunch of used car salesmen running Sirius.

Just for the heck of it, I just attempted to call that "cancellation line" over at Sirius again...

GUESS WHAT???

STILL BUSY!

Head Honcho
    10-23-2007, 11:57 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by larylegnd View Post
    There are five people on that one very small site alone that list the SAME EXACT ridiculous problem I had when trying to cancel, and those date back to 2006.
    Five out of millions isnt all too bad. Also based on an understanding of "reviews," people with pleasurable experiences are 90% less apt to give a review/testimonial. Why? Because they are happy.

The entire IDEA of being able to SIGNUP online, and being able to PAY online, but NOT being able to CANCEL online is VERY SLEEZY, ESPECIALLY when they are holding your bank info or credit card information over your head ready to charge you again and renew your subscription if you don't find the little piece of cheese at the end of their ridiculous maze in time.
    I have 3 credit cards. I signed up for all of them online. No where on either of the 3 customer websites can I cancel. Most online companies require phone confirmation for cancellation.

As I said before, if you can SIGNUP online, and you can PAY online, there is NO reason you should not be able to cancel that way.
    I don't agree but that is just me.

Just for the heck of it, I just attempted to call that "cancellation line" over at Sirius again...

GUESS WHAT???

STILL BUSY!
    What is your agenda?

I just called the number they provide 1-888 539-7474 (which is different than the number you list) and I had no problem whatsoever. I never lead on for a second that I had no intention of canceling.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-23-2007, 03:47 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    What is your agenda?

I just called the number they provide 1-888 539-7474 (which is different than the number you list) and I had no problem whatsoever. I never lead on for a second that I had no intention of canceling.

I have no agenda, and that 888 number is NOT the number they provide... That is the NORMAL number... When you call THAT number, they tell you you have to call 1-866-527-6040 to cancel... TWO DIFFERENT rep's in TWO DIFFERENT CALLS told me the SAME EXACT THING and gave me the SAME EXACT NUMBER...

Give that number a try and let me know how it works out for you.

I have called to cancel credit card accounts, too... NEVER ONCE have I encountered this sort of issue... NEVER ONCE have I had to call ANOTHER number to cancel...

With VERY little effort, I found two seperate websites with numerous people who all tell the same story I tell.

And I find it almost comical that the FOUNDER of a website designed to PROMOTE Sirius would be accusing ME of having an "agenda" on this issue.

This is VERY simple, to ANYBODY who doubts what I have said here, I invite you to CALL Sirius for yourselves at their main number (1-888-539-7474) and tell them you wish to cancel your service. You don't have to cancel... Just call them and tell them you want to, and see for yourselves.

I'll bet you each a lolypop the rep gives you the EXACT "cancellation number" I listed here. And I'll bet you each another lolypop that line is busy when you try to call.

Like I said, don't take MY word for it. Call for yourselves and find out.
    Last edited by larylegnd; 10-23-2007 at 10:06 PM.

10-23-2007, 10:05 PM #8

Update...

It is 9:00PM central time, 10:00PM in the East...

For the heck of it, I just attempted to call the oh so special Sirius "cancellation" line - 866-527-6040....

Guess what???

Late at night, a DAY AND A HALF LATER, and the line is STILL BUSY!

As I have previously stated, I thoroughly enjoyed my Sirius subscription while I had it... I think THE PRODUCT is WELL worth the $12.95 per month...

BUT be warned, if you EVER, for ANY REASON, decide to cancel your subscription, DO SO EARLY! And do yourself a favor and TRY to cut out the middle man in this little b/s game Sirius insists on playing with your money.

Call the main number, and INSIST on speaking to a supervisor who has authorization to cancel your subscription... You will NEVER get through to their cancellation line.
    Last edited by larylegnd; 10-23-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Head Honcho
    10-23-2007, 11:34 PM #9
    I have no agenda, and that 888 number is NOT the number they provide... That is the NORMAL number... When you call THAT number, they tell you you have to call 1-866-527-6040 to cancel... TWO DIFFERENT rep's in TWO DIFFERENT CALLS told me the SAME EXACT THING and gave me the SAME EXACT NUMBER...
    I simply called that number I provided and they transfered my a nice woman that said she would cancel but she was sad to see me go. That was the end of the line, there was no other special number to call. Try the first number again and just ask to be transfered.

I have called to cancel credit card accounts, too... NEVER ONCE have I encountered this sort of issue... NEVER ONCE have I had to call ANOTHER number to cancel...
    Me neither...but I couldnt do it online as you suggested either.

And I find it almost comical that the FOUNDER of a website designed to PROMOTE Sirius would be accusing ME of having an "agenda" on this issue.
    I have no agenda. I love the product. I literally listen to Sirius for hours a day and have not listened to terrestrial radio since receiving Sirius as a present 2 years ago. I am not paid by or affiliated with Sirius in any way shape or form. I have built this website out my love for the product and nothing more. They say to do something you love and it will pay off in the long run. Do you see any advertising in these forums?

I guess I am sorry that you have had such an issue with Sirius but since you will be leaving the company, I guess it doesn't much matter at this point anyway...right? Good luck with XM...ask around about how hard it is to cancel your account from them before its too late (don't forget to check your account to make sure it is really canceled once they tell you that it is)!

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to stick around and talk about your experiences with XM. I for one will be curious to see how you like it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

10-24-2007, 02:08 AM #10

Re: special numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I simply called that number I provided and they transfered my a nice woman that said she would cancel but she was sad to see me go. That was the end of the line, there was no other special number to call.

As I said before, I invite ANYBODY who doubts what I've said to do their own test run and call for themselves. I am FAR from the only person who has had this experience when attempting to cancel a subscription.

You don't actually have to cancel... Just call the main Sirius number - the one the founder of this very site provided and I repeated - and tell them you wish to cancel... Then see what happens.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ...