Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...
    09-08-2009, 10:22 PM #61
    WOW>>>

I just came here to see whats up with Sirius and came across this thread..

It's obvious who is sponsoring it.. Is there such thing as Sirius Nazi's???

12-06-2009, 09:53 PM #62
    Sirius online account start up fine.
    Online cancellation not available.
    1 hr 20 min on hold and speaking to three different reps to accomplish the task.
    Pretty lame if you ask me.

12-09-2009, 11:59 AM #63
    Just called to cancel my subscription, thought I would document the experience here.

Called their main number, held for about 5 minutes, and talked to a nice, American woman who verified my info and said I would have to be transferred to cancellation.

Held for another 10 minutes, and spoke to another American woman who verified my info again. I told her I wanted to cancel (I am just getting off a trial, I love the service but I want to get the equipment together before I subscribe as I am doing an in-dash headunit-controlled setup in my truck), and she was very kind. She offered me a free Inv2 to subscribe now, but since I would need to pay a $15 activation fee now, and another $15 activation fee when I get the equipment I want, I decided not to.

She answered a few other questions for me and was very polite. Not too pushy but just enough to see if she could get me to stay.

Overall a positive experience; as a shareholder and future subscriber, I am pleased to see a professional, courteous call center.

01-06-2010, 02:42 AM #64
    I just found these forums after doing a google search to see if anyone was having the same difficulties that I am having.

I have been a Sirius subscriber for 5 or 6 years. I traveled the US on business about 300 days a year and it was a great service.

Well for about the last year I have hardly traveled at all and I don't use the service much around my hometown so I decided to cancel.

I tried calling the cancellation line yesterday and I was greeted within a minute by a customer service agent. I told them what was going on and they tried to get me to stay. After they realized they couldn't sway me they told me they were unable to do cancellations and needed to transfer me.

After being transferred I sat on hold for 30+ minutes.

So I call back, get another agent and basically I am told that they are just busy. So I get back on hold and this time I wait nearly an hour before the line goes dead.

By now I am getting pretty peeved so when I call back I beg and plea with the girl to handle this and do not transfer me. I had to get a little bit nasty and she basically told me tough shit and put me on hold anyway.

I waited another 20 minutes and lost my temper.

When I called back the 4th time I demanded to speak to a supervisor and the agent told me that a supervisor would just tell me the same thing. That they had to transfer me to this cancellation extension that was beginning to seem like a phone stuck in a closet somewhere.
    I refused to let her and insisted on speaking to a supervisor.
    She told me she would get one and be back in less than a minute, and asked me to please hold.
    15 minutes later she had not returned and I gave up.

In the end I called American Express and had them put a payment block on Sirius. They told me that they would mediate and call Sirius themselves to get the situation resolved and took my number in case someone there actually decided to give me a call.

So that is where I stand now. If I don't hear something within a week I will call again. If this isn't resolved and they turn me into collections when my next bill is due Jan 24th there will be hell to pay.

I can say this though. I would have re-subbed when business travel started making it worthwhile again. But after the treatment they have given me I doubt I will ever sign up for sirius again.

01-10-2010, 09:33 PM #65
    Yeah and they AUTOMATICALLY dont cancel your account and keep adding months to your account even if you dont pay and then suprisingly hit you with a bill for 3 months, late fees, some new music royality fee and all this other bullshit. So i didnt pay it and now im waiting to hear from a collection agency. I never told them to keep letting me recieve Sirius. I paid for a year and thats all i wanted, ITs bullshit that I have to call them to cancel my subscription and wait on the phone for 20 minutes and no one ever answers and when i do finally talk to someone they tell me to call some number which was a wrong number and now i dont care anymore. So screw Sirius! Commerical free my ass and all the music channels play the same songs just like any other regular free radio station. Same 100 songs on a loop.

01-11-2010, 03:01 PM #66
    UPDATE: I called back and pleaded my case one last time. After I told the agent my story and let her know that I had AMEX put a payment block on Sirius she cancelled my sub with no runaround at all. No transfers, no hold times or anything.

It took 3 minutes maybe less.

02-03-2010, 12:45 AM #67
    I have canceled two radios.

A few years ago, after I did a permanent mount in my truck and one came with my ford, I canned the portable unit.

Just took 5 minutes, but yes they were pushy on getting to keep the portable.

I just did it tonight. The lease is up on my ford, so ended the sat subscription for it.
    called 1-888-539-7474, which is in the ford book and many other places... even comes up no the screen with the sample weather channel for service.

took 5 minutes, just a little pushy, not much, but a nice gent.
    and it's off and I was credited for the remainder of the quarter, my choice back on the CC or towards the one remaining....

I think it's PURE BS that you can't unsubscribe from your online account....

05-27-2010, 06:31 PM #68

Thumbs down

I've made 5 calls to cancel one of my radios. My experience was the same as the others without factory installed radios. After dealing with useless agents, I was repeatedly transferred to a number that after 15-20 minutes, drops the call. Repeated calls ended the same way. One of the customer service people actually lied and said that the cancellation departments was only open a couple hours a day and to call back first thing in the a.m. Needless to say my mission is now to first silence all of my radios plus my wife's XM and to educate other consumers about the huge downside of doing business with Sirius.

They really have you. I contacted my credit card agent to find out how to avoid future payments to Sirius and they stated that even if I closed my account, it would be reopened when the first charge hit and I would have to file a dispute against it. That certainly makes sense but it just makes it more frustrating to not be in a position to cancel my account. Who would have thought that Sirius would be so desperate as to treat their customers in this manner.

The music apparently never stops at Sirius.

Guru
    05-28-2010, 07:38 AM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusfraud View Post
    I've made 5 calls to cancel one of my radios. My experience was the same as the others without factory installed radios. After dealing with useless agents, I was repeatedly transferred to a number that after 15-20 minutes, drops the call. Repeated calls ended the same way. One of the customer service people actually lied and said that the cancellation departments was only open a couple hours a day and to call back first thing in the a.m. Needless to say my mission is now to first silence all of my radios plus my wife's XM and to educate other consumers about the huge downside of doing business with Sirius.

They really have you. I contacted my credit card agent to find out how to avoid future payments to Sirius and they stated that even if I closed my account, it would be reopened when the first charge hit and I would have to file a dispute against it. That certainly makes sense but it just makes it more frustrating to not be in a position to cancel my account. Who would have thought that Sirius would be so desperate as to treat their customers in this manner.

The music apparently never stops at Sirius.
    I dropped a sub on my Stilleto because the damn thing broke. It was easy. They did try to talk me out of it, but my price was a new Stilleto which they wouldn't move on.

05-30-2010, 11:34 AM #70

Cool can you cancel automatic pay?

My daughter and I both subscribe to Sirius radio for our cars and to tell the truth we both enjoy the programs. My daughter’s subscription is about to expire and she called Sirius to reinstate her subscription and was told that the cost of a subscription was now $188 – this is quite a bit more than it was only a year ago. Because of this increase she may have to cancel her subscription and I too might cancel mine. My question is – I have automatic renewal and wonder if I will have a problem cancelling that automatic renewal.
    I have read some of the other posts about people trying to cancel and I must say I am worried – should I be?

Page 7 of 12 ... 56789 ...