Page 9 of 58 ... 789101119 ...
    07-14-2009, 01:55 AM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Thanks Jim. We appreciate the post and the effort.

Bill
    Hope the email I sent will give you a bead on what the hell is going on, and how to make some sense of this mess!!!
    %$^^%##!! berry!!!

lol!

Addict
    07-14-2009, 06:30 AM #82
    Good morning guys.

There is an excellent post on the hub that I'm going to give a link to ...

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=39510452

Here is the info posted..

"I am new to the MGLG board but I post on IHUB on other boards.....I saw someone ask about the 600 mln bid at 0.0009, and I will give some ppl some insight into what is going on. Right now the SEC and Mr. Shapario are in the process of trying to stop naked shorts....with that being said MM's now are trying to cover before rulings are handed down. MGLG is on the short list so it is legal for this stock to be shorted but is is illegal for it to be naked shorted. The only way for the MM's to get their money back is to average down the same way an investor would. What they need to do is get 600 mln shares at .0009 in order for them to break even and not come out of pocket on those shares that are naked shorted......I have three other sub pennies and it is the same thing going on with those....one I have has a 2 bln bid and has taken a week to fill it is almost done.......here is a link from today that gives information on what is going on with this....it is going to happen across the board with some pennies and su pennies. Everyone says naked shorting is not as bad as it seems but if the SEC is concentrating on it then it is bad and this stock is on eof the worst just look at the volume....buy wolume is good....no shares to sell and huge buy volumes is bad and that is why the price is not moving up because there are no share to sell because no one is selling....longs are holding!!!All these stocks in this position will move higher faster without all of this....GLTUA and we shall see some hovering like this over the next few says to weeks depending on PR and how fast they fill that order!! "

Is this true?
    If so, when the NS is over WOW we could really take off.

07-14-2009, 07:26 AM #83
    That is really cool/super interesting. I didnt see the 600mm buy, anyone have a screenshot of that? Is there a way to find the short interest on a pink sheet stock? I would like to know if this guy is right.

Guru
    07-14-2009, 09:04 AM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Hope the email I sent will give you a bead on what the hell is going on, and how to make some sense of this mess!!!
    %$^^%##!! berry!!!

lol!
    Jim -

I read your email and I am in the same position as you. I am staying out of the NASDAQ and NYSE now, until there is some resolution. We are in a world of hurt with all of this going on.

Our economy is suffering tremendously and the added on programs that they are trying to pass will murder us.

We officially went over 1 Trillion dollars today with the deficit. By the end of the year - 2 Trillion. They are printing money 24/7/365.

If I ran my household like the government runs their business I would be BK.

This confidence game can only play out so long before the truth hits us in the face.

OTC and BB are as far as I care to go right now. Since OTC and BB's live in a world of their own, I believe they are the SAFEST of all the stocks to invest in and God knows that they are a risk.

It is oil that is going to murder us.

Goldman Sachs and a couple of others are coming out with some good news in the financials today, and people may jump on that news to pump the market for a day or two. It will be interesting to watch, but I am going to ignore a good day or two, because there is too much bearing weight for it to be sustainable.

Like you said, with oil down below 60 dollars a barrel, the boats will follow and the general trend in the economy will follow suit.

I am just staying away from all of that right now, Jim. We have to find a real bottom (good luck on that), before we can make any kind of bounce.

All in all, it is just a really shit situation and it will become more evident as time goes on. If we were just everyday people, not involved with the market and the political arena we would be blind, but I can see what is going on quite clearly and it isn't good.

Thank you as always with a great heads up.

What a con game we are getting laid upon us. It is time to wake up.

Bill

07-14-2009, 09:09 AM #85
    i hope today is exciting and i also hope people post alot of stuff here so i have stuff to read

has any1 seen public enemies? is it a good movie?

Guru
    07-14-2009, 09:38 AM #86
    BUYINS.NET: DRYS, ARM, EGLE, SPPI, CENX, AMKR. Top Losing Stocks With Negative Price Friction In Morning Trade Today
    Mon. July 13, 2009; Posted: 12:58 PM
    Stocks RSS
    Are you looking to increase your ETF knowledge?
    Jul 13, 2009 (M2 PRESSWIRE via COMTEX) -- SPPI | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- BUYINS.NET, www.buyins.net, announced today its proprietary Market Maker Friction Factor Report for July 13, 2009. Since late October market makers are now required to be on the bid as much as they are on the offer and for like amounts of stock. This afair market makinga requirement is designed to prevent market makers from manipulating stock prices. Here is a list of the top companies with the largest losses this morning and negative price friction (bearish). This means that there was more selling than buying in the stocks and their stock prices dropped faster with less Friction. DryShips (NASDAQ: DRYS), ArvinMeritor (NYSE: ARM), Eagle Bulk Shipping (NASDAQ: EGLE), Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SPPI), Century Aluminum (NASDAQ: CENX | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) and Amkor Technology (NASDAQ: AMKR). To access Friction Factor, Naked Short Data and SqueezeTrigger Prices on all stocks please visit http://www.buyins.net .

Market Maker Friction Factor is shown in the chart below:

Symbol Change % BuyVol Buy% SellVol Sell% NetVol Friction

DRYS -$0.31 -5.88% 1,819,057 38.12% 2,953,455 61.88% -1,134,398 -36,593

ARM -$0.27 -7.44% 62,861 32.95% 103,208 54.10% -40,347 -1,494

EGLE -$0.27 -6.21% 175,290 33.21% 352,491 66.79% -177,201 -6,563

SPPI -$0.26 -5.08% 207,582 45.72% 246,440 54.28% -38,858 -1,495

CENX -$0.26 -4.97% 278,666 39.33% 428,836 60.53% -150,170 -5,776

AMKR -$0.24 -4.91% 148,346 36.95% 250,624 62.43% -102,278 -4,262

Click here to view chart: http://www.buyins.com/ff/ffrttopl7-13-09-6.jpg

Analysis of the Friction Factor chart above shows that each of the six stocks mentioned above have high net dollar losses (Change) and extremely low price friction in their stocks. The Friction Factor displays how many more shares of buying than selling are required to move a stock higher by one cent or how many more shares of selling than buying moves a stock lower by 1 cent.

For example, the chart above shows DRYS with a dollar loss this morning of -$0.31 and a Friction Factor of -36,593 shares. That means that it only takes 36,593 more shares of selling than buying to move DRYS lower by one penny. This means the Market Makers are allowing the stock to drop quickly (low friction). The combination of low friction and negative market direction can drive prices lower faster than normal.

DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ: DRYS | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) engages in the ownership and operation of drybulk carriers worldwide. Its fleet carries various drybulk commodities, including coal, iron ore, grains, bauxite, phosphate, fertilizers, and steel products. As of March 26, 2009, the company owned and operated a fleet of 40 drybulk carriers comprising 7 Capesize, 29 Panamax, 2 Supramax, and 2 newbuilding drybulk vessels, which have a combined deadweight tonnage of approximately 3.3 million. It also owned and operated two ultra-deep water semi-submersible drilling rigs and two ultra deep-water newbuilding drillships. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Athens, Greece.

ArvinMeritor, Inc. (NYSE: ARM | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) supplies a range of integrated systems, modules, and components to commercial truck, light vehicle, trailer, and specialty original equipment manufacturers, as well as various after markets worldwide. The companyas products include commercial vehicle systems comprising truck axles, drivelines and other products, suspension systems and trailer products, braking systems, and transmissions; and specialty systems consisting of off-highway vehicle products, specialty vehicle products, and government products, such as axles, brakes, and brake system components, including ABS, trailer products, transfer cases, and drivelines for use in medium-duty and heavy-duty military tactical wheeled vehicles. It also offers light vehicle systems that comprise body systems, such as roof systems and door systems; chassis systems consisting of suspension systems, suspension modules, ride control products, and wheel products, such as fabricated steel wheels, bead seat attached wheels, full-face designed wheels, and clad wheels. The company primarily has joint ventures with Mitsubishi Steel Manufacturing Co. and Randon S. A. ArvinMeritor, Inc. was founded in 1921 and is headquartered in Troy, Michigan.

Eagle Bulk Shipping Inc. (NASDAQ: EGLE | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) engages in the ocean transportation of bulk cargoes in the dry bulk industry. The company transports primarily iron ore, coal, grain, cement, and fertilizer along worldwide shipping routes. As of December 31, 2008, it owned and operated a fleet of 23 oceangoing vessels with a combined carrying capacity of 1,184,939 deadweight tons. The company was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in New York, New York.

Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPPI), a commercial-stage biotechnology company with a focus on oncology, develops and commercializes a portfolio of drug products. Its marketed products include ZEVALIN, a form of cancer therapy called radioimmunotherapy for the treatment of non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL); and FUSILEV, which is indicated after high-dose methotrexate therapy in patients with osteosarcoma. The company is also developing apaziquone for the treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Its phase II products include Ozarelix, a drug being investigated for benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate, and hormone dependent prostate cancer; and Ortataxel, a third-generation taxane. The company was formerly known as NeoTherapeutics, Inc. and changed its name to Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in December 2002. Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1987 and is based in Irvine, California.

Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ: CENX), through its subsidiaries, produces primary aluminum in the United States and internationally. The company offers molten aluminum, as well as standard-grade ingot, extrusion billet, and other value-added primary aluminum products. It also holds 50 percent joint venture interests in the Gramercy alumina refinery, located in Gramercy, Louisiana and a related bauxite mining operation in Jamaica. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Monterey, California.

Amkor Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMKR | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating) operates as a subcontractor of semiconductor packaging and test services in the United States and internationally. It provides packaging solutions, including leadframe and laminate packages using wire bond and flip chip formats. The company offers flip chip and wafer level packages in which the semiconductor die is connected directly to the package substrate or system board; three dimensional (3D) package-on-package and stacked chip scale packages in which the individual chips or individual packages are stacked vertically to provide integration of logic and memory; advanced leadframe packages, which are thinner and smaller packages; multi-chip or system-in-package modules used in mobile phones and other handheld end-products; and packages for micro-electromechanical system devices that are used in automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics markets. It also provides a line of advanced probe and final test services for analog, digital, logic, mixed signal, and radio frequency semiconductor devices. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Chandler, Arizona.

About BUYINS.NET

WWW.BUYINS.NET is a service designed to help bonafide shareholders of publicly traded US companies fight naked short selling. Naked short selling is the illegal act of short selling a stock when no affirmative determination has been made to locate shares of the stock to hypothecate in connection with the short sale. Buyins.net has built a proprietary database that uses Threshold list feeds from NASDAQ, AMEX and NYSE to generate detailed and useful information to combat the naked short selling problem. For the first time, actual trade by trade data is available to the public that shows the attempted size, actual size, price and average value of short sales in stocks that have been shorted and naked shorted. This information is valuable in determining the precise point at which short sellers go out-of-the-money and start losing on their short and naked short trades.

Guru
    07-14-2009, 09:40 AM #87
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    That is really cool/super interesting. I didnt see the 600mm buy, anyone have a screenshot of that? Is there a way to find the short interest on a pink sheet stock? I would like to know if this guy is right.
    Google naked short stocks mglg. I am still looking, Tree.

07-14-2009, 10:03 AM #88
    Are you a member of that buyins.net? It looks like they have some good info but im not a member and i think you have to pay for it.

Guru
    07-14-2009, 10:45 AM #89
    No, I just landed on there. I didn't really even look at the site that closely. Maybe I should take a look at it.

I personally cannot find anything on the naked short shares with mglg. Has anyone else found anything?

Guru
    07-14-2009, 10:49 AM #90
    MGLG -

Something has to be going on. MGLG only has 35 million volume this morning and yesterday it was almost 3/4 of a billion by the end of the day. Something was, or is going on.

Maybe that guy had the right information. I wish that he would have posted a link with some evidence.

Page 9 of 58 ... 789101119 ...