Page 8 of 58 ... 67891018 ...
    Enthusiast
    Joined: May 2009 Location: In the nether regions of the ethernet Posts: 147
    07-13-2009, 07:58 PM #71

Whiskey

Since it was a bad day with the stocks and whiskey is the better discussion . . . I like Jack, it is what i was weened on . . .

However when I was in Ireland a few years ago I went to the Jameson Factory and took a tour. At the end of the tour we had a whiskey tasting . . . . and it was great.

Here we were A Scot, an American, and a Irishman. (Sounds like a joke)

We tasted the Jack Daniels... which I enjoyed and the Scot hated... He mumbled something about toilet water.

We tasted a blended Scotch and he loved it... I mumbled something about sewage.

The we all tasted the Jameson . . . and we were sold. Very smooth and my main drink currently... however I have a whole list in 2nd place.

Hopefully we can all enjoy our Whiskeys together in the Caribbean when MGLG hits 1.25 and starts getting traded on the NYSE.

Ok...its a dream...but its Monday

Guru
    07-13-2009, 09:22 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivail View Post
    A classic quote from the movie Swingers for all you scotch drinkers.

"I'll have a scotch on the rocks. Any scotch will do as long as it's not a blend of course. Single malt Glenlivet, Glenfiddich perhaps maybe a Glen... any Glen."
    Hey Ski,

That is a great little quote. I love single malt scotch, also. I think that I just love great alcohol.

Guru
    07-13-2009, 09:24 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Magician View Post
    Since it was a bad day with the stocks and whiskey is the better discussion . . . I like Jack, it is what i was weened on . . .

However when I was in Ireland a few years ago I went to the Jameson Factory and took a tour. At the end of the tour we had a whiskey tasting . . . . and it was great.

Here we were A Scot, an American, and a Irishman. (Sounds like a joke)

We tasted the Jack Daniels... which I enjoyed and the Scot hated... He mumbled something about toilet water.

We tasted a blended Scotch and he loved it... I mumbled something about sewage.

The we all tasted the Jameson . . . and we were sold. Very smooth and my main drink currently... however I have a whole list in 2nd place.

Hopefully we can all enjoy our Whiskeys together in the Caribbean when MGLG hits 1.25 and starts getting traded on the NYSE.

Ok...its a dream...but its Monday
    That would be a great time! MGLG...go go go!

07-13-2009, 10:58 PM #74

Hi all!!!!

Newbie here. Well not exactly, been lurking here since Dec. 08 when I made my first investment in SIRI stock. It's been a wild ride ever since, but I'm happy that at least I have my core position of 30k shAres of SIRI @ .12 and will not be touching my over core positions of siri till it hits at least a buck.

I've been dabbling with the pennies that everyones been suggesting on here. I'm up over 1000% on my 205k shrs of behl, and like others am waiting for my 3.5m shrs of mglg and 160k shrs of bcle to pop on good news!!! I also own FREE, TMR and a few other penny stocks that I'm trying to flip.

So, as you can tell, I'm small peanuts compared to most of you, but I'm excited to see where I can go with this. Hope I can contribute some to this thread!!!

Andy

Guru
    07-13-2009, 11:04 PM #75

Mglg

Well, gang....we are just waiting for the production numbers from the wells and this baby is going to take off.

One of these days..

It really was obvious today....the flakes were falling off of the boat and others were snapping the shares up cheap.

I think we should appoint Sean as the Morale Officer on this ship, lol

Guru
    07-13-2009, 11:08 PM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Newbie here. Well not exactly, been lurking here since Dec. 08 when I made my first investment in SIRI stock. It's been a wild ride ever since, but I'm happy that at least I have my core position of 30k shAres of SIRI @ .12 and will not be touching my over core positions of siri till it hits at least a buck.

I've been dabbling with the pennies that everyones been suggesting on here. I'm up over 1000% on my 205k shrs of behl, and like others am waiting for my 3.5m shrs of mglg and 160k shrs of bcle to pop on good news!!! I also own FREE, TMR and a few other penny stocks that I'm trying to flip.

So, as you can tell, I'm small peanuts compared to most of you, but I'm excited to see where I can go with this. Hope I can contribute some to this thread!!!

Andy
    Well, Andy,

Welcome aboard! You are more than welcome here.

You have it going on! Good stocks. Where in Alaska do you live? I spent many years up there as a commercial fisherman.

Join in and comment, contribute and feel free to ask all of the questions that you have and vice versa.

Bill

07-13-2009, 11:27 PM #77

Loving the life in Alaska...

Hey Bill,

Been living the life here in Alaska for 30 years now. Born in Cali, but raised here. I spent my childhood on Top of the World aka Barrow, AK. and also a considerable amount of my adult life living and working in Kotzebue, AK and now here in Anchorage, AK. I love to fish, hunt and trap!!!!

Ive been investing off and on since the early 00's, got killed in internet stocks back when the bubble first burst. Thanks to you folks on the forum, I feel like I have a better handle on things now as at least Ive been doing bit more DD on my stocks. Its funny, I feel safer in these pennies right now than in any of the big name stocks out there!

I snapped up another 720K shares of MGLG today at .0009. I hope I didnt buy to early.

Guru
    07-14-2009, 12:14 AM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    Hey Bill,

Been living the life here in Alaska for 30 years now. Born in Cali, but raised here. I spent my childhood on Top of the World aka Barrow, AK. and also a considerable amount of my adult life living and working in Kotzebue, AK and now here in Anchorage, AK. I love to fish, hunt and trap!!!!

Ive been investing off and on since the early 00's, got killed in internet stocks back when the bubble first burst. Thanks to you folks on the forum, I feel like I have a better handle on things now as at least Ive been doing bit more DD on my stocks. Its funny, I feel safer in these pennies right now than in any of the big name stocks out there!

I snapped up another 720K shares of MGLG today at .0009. I hope I didnt buy to early.
    My God...Barrow..I would love it for a while. Then Kotzebue. You are a real sour dough. I dig it.

I lived in Juneau in the very early seventies for a year (I was a disc jokey just starting out on KJNO). I turned that MOR station into a 24 hour rocker. I was the Chief Announcer there and also the music director.

I finally quit, after signing some contracts while my station manager was out of town. I met a guy at the Gasteneau Hotel one night and turned out to be the manager for Country Joe and the Fish and Dr. Hook. He used to call me up and come over to my house a lot when he was up in Alaska. Well, I signed these contracts and started promoting them on the air. Well...short story...we had Country Joe and Dr. Hook play in the High School auditorium. The owners of the radio station wanted to kill me. They came by the radio station and got a 55 gallon drum and poured kerosene in it and dumped all of the records in it and melted them all. So I quit and went back to the lower 48.

It wasn't until the late 80's that I went back to Alaska. I quit Doctorate school after some personal stuff and opened a computer consulting business. Well, one day I went up to Seattle and saw a fishing boat, on a nice day and got to talking with the hands there. I closed my business and went fishing. Of course you can probably figure out where I was located then. Of course...Dutch Harbor and Unalaska in the Aleutian Islands. It was like a gunslinger's town. Bad to the ****ing bone. I mean I used to live in Wyoming in the 70's during the oil boom and was a driller on a rig, but Alaska is way more bad ass!

I fished for 8 years from out of there.

Did you ever gold prospect? That is still one of my occasional hobbies. It is a major kick in the ass.

I used to live for the rush. I guess I still do, playing stocks.

I believe .0009 is a great buy...it could and my go lower, but you won't get hurt. It is all a matter of timing at this point. If I were a new buyer I would take it at .0009 in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by billhart22; 07-14-2009 at 12:18 AM.

07-14-2009, 01:18 AM #79
    Global markets are taking off tonight.

When I have time tomorrow, I will be watching, oil / ultra short ETF's /
    and yours truly, the shipping and transports.

Good luck.... well today I guess lol!!

FYI- I like SRS below 20.00!!!

Guru
    07-14-2009, 01:34 AM #80
    Thanks Jim. We appreciate the post and the effort.

Bill

Page 8 of 58 ... 67891018 ...