Page 48 of 58 ... 384647484950 ...
    Addict
    07-18-2009, 06:16 AM #471
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    To Dave and Sean:

That game is a true sensation. Shots brought it up and I have a ball with it. If you stop at each day, and look up the candle, it will just be a matter of time before it is second nature as to how the stock will perform the next day. There is certainly no hard and fast rule for success, but it puts odds on your side.

I typically spend about a minute or less looking at a chart, because I have learned them that well. But when I dig deeper, it can take 30 minutes to an hour to really form an opinion with detail.

Charts are fun and informative, because they include everything about the company. They include all of the relevant information about a company's earnings, new products, management and so on. It is all incorporated into the price of the stock.
    Bill,
    Thx for the credit on the game but it is undeserved bc I wasn't the one who brought it to this forum. I cant remember exactly who it was at 6am on a Saturday , but I do remember it wasnt me. =)
    6am on a Saturday and my alarm is killing me. Who gets up this early on the weekend? Oh yeah, I do now. FML.

One thing I've noticed with these pinks is when you expect news to be released on a specific day it often isnt. Then when reading the spoke alot of posters say "wait till tomorrow" or "give it a week".
    Should we have to give it a week? We've been giving miggle jiggle almost 3 months now and gotten nothing but silence. I'd be 4 times richer today if only I hadnt given it another day sooo many times...
    Anyway, gotta get a shower so I can go work 12 hrs on this lovely weekend day.

Mentor
    07-18-2009, 06:35 AM #472
    Shots - that's so crazy - you're getting up for work, I"m just winding down... its 3:30 am here though. I think it was Stang that brought the game (addiction) onto the boards. Yeah, it always seems the penny stocks never report on time.

Mentor
    07-18-2009, 06:37 AM #473
    I'm also looking forward to some folks answering Sean's request for good stories from when they started trading. I have a few, but I'm wearing out for tonight... gotta get one last chart in though.

07-18-2009, 09:07 AM #474
    "im getting into EXBX tomorrow morning" bass on july 16th, did u get in early enough ? 17% in one day sweet call

-i'm going back threw all of the posts and trying to compile a master list of everything i learned, it could take HOURS (so much stuff ) i don't know if ill be able to keep up the motivation to complete it but i'll try

07-18-2009, 09:09 AM #475
    *Sworntofun july 15/09
    "Ok you all....Im now the proud owner of 100k shares of BCLE @ .015....

It took a while on the all or none...but its done.......So I guess I will be watching and checking in more often, Thanks Tony

PS....am I happy? "

lol i think you're more than happy

07-18-2009, 09:35 AM #476
    bassmaster july 12/09

"anyways i got this one off a penny stock site. IDGI ---its a temp play, im putting in a buy at support of .015.."

did you end up doing that on friday?
    if it goes up to .020 thats 33.33%

07-18-2009, 09:50 AM #477
    RTGV broke out of .04, so prediction is it'll go to .08 (from previous posts)

07-18-2009, 09:52 AM #478
    dave july 8th
    DSX and EXM look like they may reverse

i don't know how you guys can be right like 100% of the time, sorry to keep posting previous predictions but man.. they are always right...

07-18-2009, 10:46 AM #479
    I started buying stocks at the end of february this year. I always wanted to and constantly watched the market. I saw how low the dow was getting and there was a ton of "bottom" talk about then so I jumped in with 500. I bought 1000 shares of sirius at .137, I bought some CRMT around 9.xx something, and a bunch of the financial ETF, XLF. Well, sirius went to .30, CRMT went to 12 in under 30 days and XLF bounced around through the bank drama but overall went up and I was thinking DAMN I am doing great! (little did I know that a blind monkey could pick a stock at this point in the market and make money). Anyway, I put another 1250 in my account at that point and made my first 2 mistakes.... I bought more sirius on a run thinking i was missing out on "the big move to 1.00". I got it at .52 which brought my ave. from .137 to .415! And I bought some GM after hearing "GMs stock hasnt been this low for 80 years!" I didnt think there was a chance it could go much lower, let alone bankrupt!
    I bought GM at 1.86 and got out at 1.20 deciding to cut and run. Then I got completely out of SIRI at .475 a couple weeks ago and I brought my proceeds to this board. I am sitting on a 50% loss on mglg right now but i dont consider that a mistake (YET).

Guru
    07-18-2009, 11:31 AM #480
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    I started buying stocks at the end of february this year. I always wanted to and constantly watched the market. I saw how low the dow was getting and there was a ton of "bottom" talk about then so I jumped in with 500. I bought 1000 shares of sirius at .137, I bought some CRMT around 9.xx something, and a bunch of the financial ETF, XLF. Well, sirius went to .30, CRMT went to 12 in under 30 days and XLF bounced around through the bank drama but overall went up and I was thinking DAMN I am doing great! (little did I know that a blind monkey could pick a stock at this point in the market and make money). Anyway, I put another 1250 in my account at that point and made my first 2 mistakes.... I bought more sirius on a run thinking i was missing out on "the big move to 1.00". I got it at .52 which brought my ave. from .137 to .415! And I bought some GM after hearing "GMs stock hasnt been this low for 80 years!" I didnt think there was a chance it could go much lower, let alone bankrupt!
    I bought GM at 1.86 and got out at 1.20 deciding to cut and run. Then I got completely out of SIRI at .475 a couple weeks ago and I brought my proceeds to this board. I am sitting on a 50% loss on mglg right now but i dont consider that a mistake (YET).
    I love your reservation at the end, lol. Ah just give it time (hmmm...Shots was talking about that). Time will tell, but I am not worried. Just after you think the world has come to an end they usually take off.

Patience has been my biggest enemy with stocks, but I am learning not to be so closely engaged with them on a day by day basis. I am learning that I don't have to have my eyeballs on the stock 24/7/365. It just makes me go blind, but with pennies you have to keep a closer eye.

There isn't any magical formula for stocks. If that were true then everybody would be rich or poor because everybody else would know.

Page 48 of 58 ... 384647484950 ...