Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Head Honcho
    07-12-2009, 04:39 PM #1

Pandora article comment continuation

Okay. For those not interested in this discussion, please feel free to not participate. I have placed in in the off-topic section so as to avoid cluttering other areas of the site.

This thread will be where the off topic aspects in the Pandora article commenst can continue.

The initial part of the discussion can be found here:

http://siriusbuzz.com/pandora-passes...-on-itunes.php

For the record, I have notified the owners (the ones I am aware of) of Satwaves that they need to publish a retraction for sladerous and libelous comments made on their site.

I will also be publishing all emails ever sent between Brandon and myself. He seems top feel there is something damaging in those emails, so instead of dancing around the bush, I will simply publish all of them later this evening in this thread. I have nothing to hide in them, and have no problem publishing them, and even explaining the context. The project may take a while, but I will get them all up.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    07-12-2009, 04:50 PM #2
    For Relmor....

You stated, "Unwarrented might be the wrong word. Maybe, misfocused. Due to readership numbers, you would be more worried about lies from major newspapers. Never read one article from you about the CNET add service 2wice printing BK or old debt articles on price surges. So I interpret that as you either dont care, or dont have to time to adress bs, and lies. But you have time if its from SW. So your inconsistant."

If you look at the traffic and readership, you will see that SiriusBuzz in an upstream site of Satwaves. That means that people who visit satwaves typically wind up on SiriusBuzz directly after their visit there. The readership base is very similar, and does contain many identical readers. Thus, if there is blatently bad information posted there, it is natural to correct it here. You should see the complaining emails I get regarding some of the info posted there. People want to know if what is there is true. In many cases, I spend time pointing them to where they can get the accurate information in the filing, etc. If I see enough comment, then I find it necessary to repond.

Major newspapers are challenged by me. However, most of those article are done as opinion pieces. I have not seen too many assigning the bond issue to the wrong debt, saying that the Malone deal will be reversed, or calling for a positive sub number.

Speculation is fine, if it is clearly labeled as such. I speculate as well, but do it in what I deem a responsible way.

This site "attention" to satwaves is actually our attention to our readers who want to confirm the validity of information. I do not get emails from CNET readers who identify a CNET article and ask for confirmation.

Simply stated, someone can be a journalist, or a message board poster. It is not easy to be both. In the end, if someone wants to be a journalist, they need to behave like one, and be responsible like one.
    Tyler Savery

Head Honcho
    07-12-2009, 05:50 PM #3
    I am not going to pile into this discussion or help escalate it in any way but I think 3 things need to be made clear.

1. Often Tyler writes about something Brandon has writing about because we receive an influx of emails from people asking him to do so. I often forward emails to Tyler begging questions about something someone else has written and if there is a demand for clarification, it only makes sense.

2. How does it not go both ways? I also often get emails from people claiming that Brandon is directly addressing or taking the exact opposite stance as us on topics only hours later. So... why are we the bad guys?

3. A reader of both sites has just emailed me to let me know that Relmor has commented once in the last 5 articles on satwaves (as opposed to 21 times in our last 5 articles). Please don't tell me you are as equally critical of both websites, its insulting to everyones intelligence.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    07-12-2009, 07:02 PM #4
    relmor, I have to say that while there are some over at SW that do come out and call Brandon out on things there are not enough. My god man the article that had SIRIXM getting positive subs had maybe 2 not counting mine that told Brandon he was crazy all the rest about 60 were; yea Brandon I love your insight. With that kind of insight that most of the readers over there think Brandon has why dont they just ask him, what are the next lottery numbers. The point is, with as many times Brandon has been wrong why do people still trust anything he has to say. I am sorry but really comparing the two sites are like comparing a taploid to the Wall Street Journal. Satewaves should have a discliamer saying Brandons articles should only be use for entertainment purposes only. It still amazes me that he can be found to be so wrong on so many major issues and people still read the shit he writes. I used to think some of these world leaders (North Korea, Cuba, ect., ect.)must be real intelligent because they get so many to believe them and follow them. I now know it is not because the leaders of those countries are so smart its just that the people that follow them are sooo dumb (not really I already knew that long before now).

It all reminds me of a comment I made to someone long ago. There were somethings he was doing against our policy (simple common sense things) and he told me he doesn't understand why we are here. I told him the reason we are here is BECAUSE YOU DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE HERE.

Just incase some are wondering, it is exactly these types of people that require us to have the size of standing military we have.
    Last edited by john; 07-12-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Enthusiast
    07-12-2009, 07:32 PM #5

Enough already.......

In my honest opinion, this is starting to sound like a pissing match between a bunch of people, who's opinions, I think we all respect.

At the end of the day, we're all here (I hope) to learn more about SIRI and support each others interest in seeing our investment in this company grow. Everyone who posts news on this site (or Satwaves) bases their positions on speculation, unless there is a direct news relaease from SIRI to debate upon. I would rather read valid and thought provoking posts on this site that inspire me to add more to my position in SIRI or at least feel confident that my confidence in this stock, and money in this stock, are secure.

Let's stick to business folks, this isn't The Wall Street Journal and none of the above mentioned writers/authors are racing to post their cure for cancer.

Just SIRI news, no ego's please.

Cheers,
    -Whynot

Guru
    07-12-2009, 07:58 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Whynot View Post
    In my honest opinion, this is starting to sound like a pissing match between a bunch of people, who's opinions, I think we all respect.

At the end of the day, we're all here (I hope) to learn more about SIRI and support each others interest in seeing our investment in this company grow. Everyone who posts news on this site (or Satwaves) bases their positions on speculation, unless there is a direct news relaease from SIRI to debate upon. I would rather read valid and thought provoking posts on this site that inspire me to add more to my position in SIRI or at least feel confident that my confidence in this stock, and money in this stock, are secure.

Let's stick to business folks, this isn't The Wall Street Journal and none of the above mentioned writers/authors are racing to post their cure for cancer.

Just SIRI news, no ego's please.

Cheers,
    -Whynot

What exactly is the problem with this being here. I mean for god sake man they not only brought it from the main page to the forums but put it in a general chat part of them. I just have to ask, how far out of the forums would make you happy. Really this is general chat so if you dont like it, there are a shit load of more popular forum catagories to pick from. My point is you cant be more in the back woods of a forum then here. Holy crap Charles had to start a game just to give this area of the forum more traffic.

P.S. The game sucks, also Charles I know that was not the reason for starting the game.............................................. .........................ooor waaaasss it, hummmmmmm???????????????

Guru
    07-12-2009, 08:05 PM #7
    Whynot, just so it is clear I was not saying SB was the Wall Street Journal. It was an example about how wide the two are from one another. To be honest I dont even give Brandon the credit of being as skilled or as acurate as a taploid writer.

Mentor
    07-12-2009, 10:03 PM #8
    hey john, whether you realize it or not i highly respect your opinion. im still trying to understand your take on the pandora article. am i missing something here? what is the big deal over this article. my take is tyler was stating his opinion that in order for the siriusxm app maintain a high ranking it needs to keep evolving and addressing weaknesses that show up. if a competing site offers something that we dont have, maybe we can copycat that particular aspect and strengthen our product. thats how i read it. no big deal to me, just an opinion piece.

relmor, john, what is it that you guys see that makes this article a bash towards the siriusxm app? enlighten me please.

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 01:44 AM #9
    For those that do not like this thread, I apologize. When slanderous and libel comments are made that allege criminal activity by me, I have no choice but to respond

This issue has proceeded and escalated to a legal matter. I will correlate and publish (as stated above) all emails authored by me to Brandon. Brandon has taken it upon himself to threaten to publish all emails I have sent him. I have no worries about those emails, as there is nothing in them for me to worry about. At the advise of my attorney, I will not publish the emails he sent me. The latest email that he considers damaging to me, and threatened me with is this:

Dominic,

From time to time I will also forward analyst reports. Publishing of aspects of analyst reports is tricky. Some analysts like the coverage, and others do not. It is always a balance of how much to publish. If I am tied up and busy, I will forward the reports to you for publication. Use my past analyst report articles as a guide....

...I would suggest using a pen name to write under. Charles can set up the account in word press for you. If we need to we can do a conference call on how to publish, insert pictures, etc. Think about the name you want to write under, and I will get that info to seeking alpha in case they pick up one of the stories you publish...

...Sirius Buzz is closely monitored by Sirius, XM, the NAB, C3SR, analysts, government agencies, attorneys, etc. For this reason we need to be VERY CAREFUL about how we word what is posted. We need to avoid direct accusations, and dance a fine line. Sirius and XM do not appreciate everything I write, but I am able to maintain my relationships with them because I am always fair to them. I want to make sure we report the news without burning bridges.

Dominick, think of a pen name and let Charles know.

Thanks guys,

While Brandon sees something damaging in this e-mail I sent to him, I will let you be the judge. Basically it is responsible guidance for a new contributor to the SiriusBuzz site. It was imploring caution in what is written...a good policy. In being fair to Sirius XM, I think that is the case. It makes no sense to burn bridges, in particular bridges at the company that the site follows. Using a pen name is something I strongly suggested because of the environment in which SDARS exists.

At this point, comments by me regarding this subject will stop, and as soon as I get the emails correlated and on the web, I will publish them here. Until then, from the perspective of Charles and I, we need to stop discussing the matter for legal reasons.

Thank you for your understanding
    Tyler Savery

Head Honcho
    07-13-2009, 02:17 AM #10
    now to address other issues.

Some people do not feel that Pandora and Slacker are competition for satellite radio.

The Sirius XM app on iPhone is geared towards Sirius XM Internet Radio.

It is competing with any services that put radio on the Internet. Some say that there is no reason to compare services such as Pandora or Slacker because they offer free service, and Sirius XM is a subscription service.

If you look at Slacker, their goal is to get paying subscribers. Their free platform is ad supported and offered to get people to use and like the service. When you become a paying Slacker subscriber, you get commercial free music, and other benefits.

The real diff. here is that Slacker offers a free aspect, but their goal is paying subscribers, just like Sirius XM.

These services are competing for subscribers. They are competing for listeners, and they are even competing for advertising dollars. Sirius XM's news and talk channels are ad supported.

If a consumer wants to put up with ads, they will gravitate towards a free service. If they do this, they will not end up being a Sirius XM subscriber.

As Sirius XM expands their Internat Radio services, they will create an Internet based brand. It will be the Internet brand that they use to compete with these services. While technically the Internet feed is virtually the same service as the satellite feed, there are exceptions (Howard Stern, etc.). Because the app service differs from SDARS, it should be considered it's own product.

As Sirius XM develops docking hardware for iPhones and iPods, the goal will be to get Sirius XM Internet Radio subscribers to upgrade to the satellit service.

There is competition there. it is not apples and oranges. It is more like Granny Smith apples and Macintosh apples
    Tyler Savery

Page 1 of 4 123 ...