Page 1 of 2 12
    07-12-2009, 02:07 PM #1

Stiletto 2 start-up issue.

Hi, Im new here so bear with me. I have a Stiletto 2 thats about 1.5 yrs old. It seems that the unit will not start by itself, unless I pull out and re-install the battery. I have tried to start it in 2 separate car docks, and also connected to the computer and also all by itself. I have no idea where to turn here so I thought this might be the place. I called Sirius on it but all they could tell me was that I could send it to them for a free software upgrade. I really see no point in this if I cant even get it to work. Anyone else have this or heard of this issue. I could also use some direction here at best. Thanks in advance.

Enthusiast
    07-14-2009, 01:11 PM #2
    The best place to start with this is to perform a device recovery on your stiletto 2. If you have your USB cable and My sirius studio and a PC, you have everything you need. What you have to do is download the stiletto device recovery software from sirius. You can find it here: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Satell...nt%2FFlexEmpty

After you have installed it to your computer you need to put your radio into device recovery mode. To do this you need to turn off, not sleep, your stiletto 2. Just hold the power button down for 10 seconds and it will shut down. After that, hold the OPTIONS and DISPLAY button down and try and turn the device back on. Continue to hold all 3 buttons (options, display, power) until the device says it needs to be connected to a pc. Once the unit displays that, just plug it into your PC with the usb cable and the recovery software will start to work. Make sure your PC is connected to the internet during this process. Just follow the prompted instructions, and your SL2 will be updated and recovered in about 15-20 minutes. Once it has successfully completed, put it into a home or a car dock so it can recongnize that it is subscribed and you should be back in business.

07-14-2009, 01:16 PM #3
    Same issue here but mine went into a error code after inserting the battery. I then did a device recovery but with the same result (3 times). So i gave sirius a call and told me to do the device recovery then install the latest software upgrade (2.0.5) since the device recovery method just puts the unit back to "like new staus" I am going to try this toinght.

In your case I would unpdate your unit with the new software. My unit started to not turn on after i would put it to sleep and i then used the battery removal method to fire it up but then it locked up with the error message. Just a tip- after u get that message and do the device recovery-u loose all your stored info...shittty!!

Ill keep ya posted on my progress...

Enthusiast
    07-14-2009, 05:32 PM #4
    Yes, let us know what you come up with because a device recovery does put all new and updated software plus channel updates on the stiletto. That is why you have to be connected to the internet to perform a device recovery. When you are finished, if the device recovery was successful you will have a new, but still updated stiletto.

07-15-2009, 09:19 AM #5
    Well When i phoned sirius they told me to do the recovery and then do a update. But after i did the recovery for the third time i check the update # and it does have the latest in it. So anyways i went to sirius studio and did a check for software upgrades and it did download to the sl2. But after all of this if i put it to sleep or power it down completely, after about half a hour i cannot get the unit to fire up without having to remove the battery and reinstall a couple times.

So I am going to phone sirius again see what they say....

But I think the unit has a problem because it never did this before,it just sis it out of the blue last week... and I have had the unit since Feb.

Keep ya posted

Greg

Enthusiast
    07-15-2009, 11:13 AM #6
    Yeah, let us know how it goes greg.

07-15-2009, 04:13 PM #7
    Well got off the phone with them and they are sending me out a new unit on warranty. Pretty cool I must say. Just hope this is a isolated problem!

07-19-2009, 08:00 PM #8
    First off, TY everyone for your help. I did the recovery as stated. It worked well for 36 hours. Then I turned it on to an error stating it needed to be recovered and to hook it to the computer, so I did it again. Occasionally now I get a message stating "subsription updated", then goes to home screen. I still have to pull the battery out to get it to start up. The unit will also go from sleep mode into shut down mode if left in sleepo mode overnight. As far as I know this wasnt an issue previously. Regardless I feel like Im chasing my tail here to get this thing to function correctly. It sucks because I really used this thing frequently and enjoy its capabilities. Are there any oter options besides replacing the whole thing? I see them advertised on Ebay as just the Stiletto 2 with no battery, cover or accesories, which is fine with me. Supposedly theyre new. I may go that route if I have to. Its $180, vs $300, kinda makes sense. Id appreciate any further input. Thanks HH

Enthusiast
    07-20-2009, 11:42 AM #9
    Give us a call at TSS Radio and ask for me. I would be willing to work with you on a used unit or a new stand alone one. I have a couple of options for you. Just call and ask for me (Matt). 773-772-4340.

07-20-2009, 07:59 PM #10
    I will Matt as soon as I get a chance. I'm in the middle of a move so maybe a couple of days, TY for your asistance!!, HH

Page 1 of 2 12