Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-10-2009, 02:37 PM #41
    Yes S.O., thanks for the explanation on the wash rule.

Guru
    07-10-2009, 08:44 PM #42
    Ahhhh, how refreshing it is to know that this forum is old school - if you haven't anything nice to say, then don't say anything LOL. Last post 2:37 PM.

Well, a couple folks who post here are correct, back to 35. Given the bearish indicators, we may break that support. There is nothing remotely positive about SIRI in this market. Personally, it is as much SIRI as it is the market. The dow is going to 7000 again. The good news is that we consumers are doing the right thing - saving instead of spending, and not spending on debt.

Tuck it in, a new "March" will soon arrive, and we can put our money back into the market. In the meantime, relax and have a drink.

07-10-2009, 09:14 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    -----------------------------------------------
    Good morning Julie!

Are you interested in my "trading strategy"?

Hi SoCal,

I just got home from work and peaked at the stock price.
    Tell me about your trading strategy, in English, please.
    And talk slow......

Julie

07-10-2009, 09:42 PM #44

Artie Lange arrested

For those who care, I just read on TMZ

ARTIE LANGE ARRESTED FOR DUI AND CARELESS DRIVING

Artie was driving in Toms river, New Jersey when he rearended a 2004
    Pontiac. Artie was driving a 2009 Nisson (equipped with Sirius, no doubt)
    when he was arrested.

This is sad, I thought he was doing so well, and staying sober.
    Just in time for back from vacation, Mondays show.

Julie

Guru
    07-10-2009, 09:49 PM #45
    artie never surprise's me julie, he is a world cxlass liar lol.

Head Honcho
    07-10-2009, 10:19 PM #46
    I just mentioned the other day that Pandora was ripe for the picking or was about to pick up private funding....

Pandora just got its biggest round of funding ever. I guess a few VC's are fans of the new royalty agreements.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/07/10...ate-agreement/

BM's article over at SW is wrong on so many levels I cant even begin to explain them all. Someone pointed out to me that he said they were paying .14 per song which isnt even close and apparently he doesnt understand the difference between 14 cents and .0014 which is the actual number for 2015 (not 2009 which is much lower). The person who made me aware of this said that someone corrected him and yet the article has still not been changed. Why? Biased maybe? You want to bash the competition, that is fine with me, but you better get your facts straight so that the basis of your argument isnt fundamentally flawed.

If anyone here still plays over there, it might be time to let people know just how wrong he is.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-10-2009, 11:13 PM #47

Shorts Increased!

http://www.reuters.com/article/funds...51455920090710

I should have sold my whole position in the .40's! Damn this stock! I might sell half of my position monday for a 3 or 4 cent pullback...

Mentor
    07-11-2009, 12:35 AM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/funds...51455920090710

I should have sold my whole position in the .40's! Damn this stock! I might sell half of my position monday for a 3 or 4 cent pullback...
    Im not saying that isnt a good idea. Im not saying you shouldnt do it. Its called "missing the trade", and chasing. Dont do it. If you have patience, and dont need the money, it will come back. If you can buy more on dips, go for it. Maybe sell a small amount, but I really dont see much further risk here, were talking .32 worst case, .34-.36 more likely as the low. Check the charts. Not a criticism at all(spelling). I thought in my mind the last chance to sell was on wednesday, in the morning. If you missed that window , i think its a waiting game now. I am mad I didnt unload anything at .48, but CNBC of all things got into my head. They never pumped SiriusXM before, so I wanted to see what happened. Of course, it tanked, LOL. Shorts were waiting. O well, live and learn, but its only a time game really. I was able to unload a bit at .415, and .40. Began rebuying today at .383 and .3806. Not bad, but I wanted Irish to know I wasnt responsible for the .48 cent crash down. Wasnt me!!! LOL
    Last edited by relmor2003; 07-11-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-11-2009, 12:54 AM #49
    Thanks for the reply relmor!!! I agree with you, I am just frustrated that I held on all the hype as of late. I don't need to sell it would just be nice to make a few pennies and get myself a new kite board!

I will wait it out for the next one! Don't worry relmor I understand the whole do your own DD don't take your advice! I am just a little pissed at myself! SO is probably going to come down on me now lol! Have a good weekend!!!

Addict
    07-11-2009, 12:57 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Ahhhh, how refreshing it is to know that this forum is old school - if you haven't anything nice to say, then don't say anything LOL. Last post 2:37 PM.

Well, a couple folks who post here are correct, back to 35. Given the bearish indicators, we may break that support. There is nothing remotely positive about SIRI in this market. Personally, it is as much SIRI as it is the market. The dow is going to 7000 again. The good news is that we consumers are doing the right thing - saving instead of spending, and not spending on debt.

Tuck it in, a new "March" will soon arrive, and we can put our money back into the market. In the meantime, relax and have a drink.
    I'd say the DOW will hold at 7800-8000 but most importantly the S&P won't go below 830-850...Having said that ... anything can happen ... And as you said, relax and have a drink !!!

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567