I'm back! and I love it! (seeing the stock price down long enough for me to re-up on more shares!) took a break from investing and news for awhile, recently moved to Phoenix from Jacksonville, and finally got a job and have 2 other offers out there one at wells fargo and one at charles schwab....i have been buying more siri with ever spare cent that i can....im excited for the bumps up.....my buying and selling in short penny spikes went from $2k when i bought in at .125 and now have 10614....i have a few questions which im sure have been answered time and time again but im bored at work, and its not the greatest SIRI trading day so:
1. what do you think the implications of a reverse split will be on sirius? will it be a AIG repeat? what is your guess as to the split ratio? (obviously it depends when they do the split, IF THEY DO, so maybe a better question is, what do you think they will do about the current dilution of the shares)
2. I have been thinking about the intentional debt sale to Liberty, do you think this was intentional to foster a future deal with them to combine DTV, as opposed to letting ergen booste DISH (which is crap!)?
3. why do you think the stock price is still trading so low: dilution? uncertainty in auto sector (which it is cool to see they are putting more and more xm radios in certified vehicles)?
4. who does the pandora/internet help/hurt sirius? the $25000 royalty will take a bunch of the small stations off the web, but will pandora have more rein to add more and more content, will that affect sirius....or will the lack of internet radio stations help draw more subs
5. why did Mel Karmazin get a pay hike?
6. do you think sirius will offer stern on the mobile apps in the future? to gain more hype on the app to draw in new downloaders?
7. what do you think the likelyhood of sirius and dtv partnering to deliver streaming tv on mobile devices/autos/ailines?
8. what brokerage service do you use? ever buy certificates? how much do trades cost? do they offer level 2 stock quotes? what else do you like about them? I currently use Zecco, if you haven't heard of it, they used to have completely free trades then bumped it up to $4.50 a trade and 10 free a month with $25k+ balance or at least 25 trades a month.....i signed up through someone i think on this board i can't remember but if you are interested here is my referral link: http://friends.zecco.com/r/addc04f2beb6102cae57
jesus .38 just broke, i dont get it, whats causing this to sell off this fast? i really dont, i could of sworn siri was getting some positive momentum going and things were changing, this is just same ole bullshit right here. yes i know the technicals are all looking bad, but they were looking really really good before this sell off came out of nowhere. .48 the high really? shorts covering? weird shit.
I've started buying again. I like this .38 stuff. There is a pattern of it rising to above .43 and then dropping back down. So, here's a good chance to make a nickle on each share over a month long period.
But, what do I know? I still own AIG....
.375? Yes. From a just recent .48 range. And it would not suprise me in the least with SIRI if it went back to being stuck in the .34-.35 range again. It wouldn't bother me so much if the damn thing showed at least SOME volatility and reversed in a short time frame but give me a break. How long until we go back into the upper .40's? R/S looming soon to be reality? De-listing? I dunno. Obviously it ain't good whatever people are thinking.
I hear ya. Between the two, screw the de-listing. I'll deal with OTC if I have to to sell off. But a R/S? Ugh...talk about gettin' hammered at the bank. I just got an ugly, bad, gnarly feeling that this is the tip of the iceberg. I think Johnny mentioned that SIRI seemed to be "listing" recently in one post. Whoa...Listing? Iceberg? = Titanic?
I sincerely hope I am dead wrong. But like a lot of people here I thought the .30's were behind us. Wrong...again...SIRI seems to insist on testing it's holders with the "Marque de Sade School of Stock Investing" approach.
my dilemma is to wait 30 days for the wash rule or buy now...i have a gtc buy at .34 right now and will take the tax loss to get that price..
i was reading ameritrade and it said the wash rule was 61 days or something, why?