Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    07-08-2009, 03:47 PM #1

Smile Ev's "major portion" of Ford lineup in 10-12 years

http://www.hybridcarblog.com/2009/03...eup-in-10.html

I just couldnt resist one more knockout punch.
    Rest in peace Mr. Ignorant Putz.

Mentor
    07-08-2009, 08:30 PM #2
    Lloyd

Not sure who you are directing your comments too...IHO...if Ford is moving in the direction of producing more EV's, hybrids due to increased demand...and if they can make them affordable and profitable...great...shows capalistic free market is working as it should...If however, EV's, hybrids etc are being crammed down our throat for the sake of your administrations agenda...then we are all screwed...and you are far too onesided in your views!!! Don't get me wrong...I'm looking to buy a hybrid myself...due to traveling 100-200 miles per day in car! Once conversion to energy efficient vehicles...guess what...govt will loose Billions in revenue due to decreaed gas taxes...will have to screw us some more by raising other taxes...like a tax for the number of miles that you drive!!! Total BS!

Addict
    07-08-2009, 09:26 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Lloyd

Not sure who you are directing your comments too...IHO...if Ford is moving in the direction of producing more EV's, hybrids due to increased demand...and if they can make them affordable and profitable...great...shows capalistic free market is working as it should...If however, EV's, hybrids etc are being crammed down our throat for the sake of your administrations agenda...then we are all screwed...and you are far too onesided in your views!!! Don't get me wrong...I'm looking to buy a hybrid myself...due to traveling 100-200 miles per day in car! Once conversion to energy efficient vehicles...guess what...govt will loose Billions in revenue due to decreaed gas taxes...will have to screw us some more by raising other taxes...like a tax for the number of miles that you drive!!! Total BS!
    You mean you havent been following my long running feud with John?
    Pretty dull i would admit. I would certainly apply the "too-onesided" comment to John and not myself, but then i know that my predictions (not from any place of great intelligence but from common sense) about the auto industry going back 10 years have been proven correct and that John doesnt accept that i might know where we are headed in the next 10. if you listened to him you would definitely not shop for a hybrid.
    Its an imperfect world so if you are going to tax people i think those with
    higher incomes should pay more and those who drive more should as well.
    If you have another solution i would love to hear it. in my humble opinion this country desperately needs to move much more in the direction of the Spanish model. In less than 20 years Spain has built an entire new infrastructure with high speed (up to 300mph) trains, light rail etc. An effective mass transit system and electric cars will go a long way toward solving a great many of our transportation issues and help clean the air as well I dont see any evidence that anything is being shoved down the throats of the car companies (well maybe somewhat with GM since they are bankrupt and the Govt is giving them so much of our money and wants to see a return) I think a company like Ford sees where the publics appetite for cars is going. Toyota and Honda got on the train early and will reap the rewards.Now others are following in their footsteps because they see there is a profit to be made.

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 12:35 AM #4
    Lloyd

Why should people who work hard to get somewhere in life be forced to pay higher taxes than those who "chose" not to even attempt to get an education. I'm in my second career. Paid off 1st student loan...working on paying off second student loan...why try to improve financial situation when just mean i have to pay more taxes...I'm already paying 28%...why not just level the playing field and make everyone pay a flat % of income...close the loop holes and everyone pays the same %. 15% of 200K is 30K...15% of 20k is 3K...whats wrong with that!!! State of Oregon...people have "chosen" to live a life style of Eco-friendly! Good for them...They, I believe percapata own the highest % of hybrids...did exactly what elected officials asked...now gas tax has declined close to 25-30%...so now want to tax miles driven...just plain wrong...on all levels. There state gov't must learn to get by on less since that is what they mandated...they got exactly what they asked for!

While were at it...I do not believe in global warming...or climate change(new term since they cannot prove global warming)...but I'm all for new cleaner technology...Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these issues...1. hybrid technology...Toyota/Honda have had hybrids for 9-10 years now...2. Wind energy...been around in California I think close to 15-20 years...Texas has 2-3 huge wind farms...T Boone wanted to add thousands more...3. Nuclear Energy...been around for 30+ years...expensive initially, cheap for years after and clean...4. Solar...been around 10-15 years...technology getting better year to year...All have been done without much help from or mandates by the government! Free markets have been way ahead of the government in all of these fronts and will stay that way...TAX and KILL(cap and trade) 100% not necessary. I live in San Antonio...largest purchaser of wind energy in the country(maybe 2nd), Huge Solar panel tarps covering our dump(enough energy to power 5000 homes a year)...own 28% of STNP(nuclear plant) trying to build 2 more reactors...Just finished building 1 or 2 CLEAN-COAL power plants...We pay .09 cents per KWH...cheapest in country...All without 1 mandate from our goverment. This is how the free market works...works beautiful when left alone! Oil at $100 per barrel...will only increase green spending by corporations...Not necessary to CRAM IT DOWN OUR THROATS!

Great idea...reduce tax deduction for charitable contributions...who gives the most...the hard working...who gets hurt...not the hard working...the poor who recieve the benefits from the hard working...Doesn't makes any sense.

lets raise the tax on hard working making over 250k! I'm a small business...tax my health benefits and others who work for me. who gets hurt...the guy I have to lay off because cannot afford to pay him anymore.
    The big O states he wants to create jobs...has a funny way of going about it...Kill the number 1 job producer in the country...Small Business

Head Honcho
    07-09-2009, 01:03 AM #5
    That was a good read!

+1 free markets
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 01:21 AM #6
    Damn Charles

We finally agreed on something!

Addict
    07-09-2009, 01:26 AM #7
    Lloyd

Why should people who work hard to get somewhere in life be forced to pay higher taxes than those who "chose" not to even attempt to get an education. I'm in my second career. Paid off 1st student loan...working on paying off second student loan...why try to improve financial situation when just mean i have to pay more taxes...I'm already paying 28%...why not just level the playing field and make everyone pay a flat % of income...close the loop holes and everyone pays the same %. 15% of 200K is 30K...15% of 20k is 3K...whats wrong with that!!! State of Oregon...people have "chosen" to live a life style of Eco-friendly! Good for them...They, I believe percapata own the highest % of hybrids...did exactly what elected officials asked...now gas tax has declined close to 25-30%...so now want to tax miles driven...just plain wrong...on all levels. There state gov't must learn to get by on less since that is what they mandated...they got exactly what they asked for!

While were at it...I do not believe in global warming...or climate change(new term since they cannot prove global warming)...but I'm all for new cleaner technology...Correct me if I'm wrong on any of these issues...1. hybrid technology...Toyota/Honda have had hybrids for 9-10 years now...2. Wind energy...been around in California I think close to 15-20 years...Texas has 2-3 huge wind farms...T Boone wanted to add thousands more...3. Nuclear Energy...been around for 30+ years...expensive initially, cheap for years after and clean...4. Solar...been around 10-15 years...technology getting better year to year...All have been done without much help from or mandates by the government! Free markets have been way ahead of the government in all of these fronts and will stay that way...TAX and KILL(cap and trade) 100% not necessary. I live in San Antonio...largest purchaser of wind energy in the country(maybe 2nd), Huge Solar panel tarps covering our dump(enough energy to power 5000 homes a year)...own 28% of STNP(nuclear plant) trying to build 2 more reactors...Just finished building 1 or 2 CLEAN-COAL power plants...We pay .09 cents per KWH...cheapest in country...All without 1 mandate from our goverment. This is how the free market works...works beautiful when left alone! Oil at $100 per barrel...will only increase green spending by corporations...Not necessary to CRAM IT DOWN OUR THROATS!

Great idea...reduce tax deduction for charitable contributions...who gives the most...the hard working...who gets hurt...not the hard working...the poor who recieve the benefits from the hard working...Doesn't makes any sense.

lets raise the tax on hard working making over 250k! I'm a small business...tax my health benefits and others who work for me. who gets hurt...the guy I have to lay off because cannot afford to pay him anymore.
    The big O states he wants to create jobs...has a funny way of going about it...Kill the number 1 job producer in the country...Small Business

Wow. You threw a lot at me all in one post. Really too tired to argue the 2008 election all over again. I will say that i thought we all learned one thing from this recent banking scandal and that is that free markets arent always the best way to go.WIth the right controls in place maybe but the entire worlds financial system collapsed and i am of the belief we need to rebalance and move away from unfettered free markets. That balance of course is always tricky. Spain has used a partnership of business and govt to rebuild their infrastructure. Though i dont know enough to speak authoritatively about it, ( i was there recently working on a documentary about their high speed trains) from everything i have been told its an extremely successful and profitable business partnership. Maybe we both need to study up on Spain and possible learn to think outside the boxes of our preconceived notions of how Govt and private business should interact.
    As far as tax policy lets just agree to disagree. I dont have a problem paying more if i make more (and i do make more than most) Its just a difference of philosophy.
    All the alternative energy industries have been around for years but have had to compete against well entrenched and well subsidized oil, gas, nuclear, and coal industries. Only recently have large investments started to flow their way because of the change of Govt and because private capital recognizes that we are on the cutting edge of major changes in energy technology. it takes govt and industry working together to turn such a large
    economy as ours around. i never understand why Conservatives protest when alternative energy tax credits are proposed but never objected to the
    huge subsidies that other energy companies got.

Anyway time to turn in. Goodnight.

Addict
    07-09-2009, 01:36 AM #8
    As much as we disagree about things at least we can talk like civilized human beings. With John its ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE.

He is just an IGNORANT PUTZ.
    And i say that with affection. Well sort of with affection. Actually there is no
    affection whatsoever that i feel for that guy. Goodnight.

Mentor
    07-09-2009, 02:09 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Wow. You threw a lot at me all in one post. Really too tired to argue the 2008 election all over again. I will say that i thought we all learned one thing from this recent banking scandal and that is that free markets arent always the best way to go.WIth the right controls in place maybe but the entire worlds financial system collapsed and i am of the belief we need to rebalance and move away from unfettered free markets. That balance of course is always tricky. Spain has used a partnership of business and govt to rebuild their infrastructure. Though i dont know enough to speak authoritatively about it, ( i was there recently working on a documentary about their high speed trains) from everything i have been told its an extremely successful and profitable business partnership. Maybe we both need to study up on Spain and possible learn to think outside the boxes of our preconceived notions of how Govt and private business should interact.
    As far as tax policy lets just agree to disagree. I dont have a problem paying more if i make more (and i do make more than most) Its just a difference of philosophy.
    All the alternative energy industries have been around for years but have had to compete against well entrenched and well subsidized oil, gas, nuclear, and coal industries. Only recently have large investments started to flow their way because of the change of Govt and because private capital recognizes that we are on the cutting edge of major changes in energy technology. it takes govt and industry working together to turn such a large
    economy as ours around. i never understand why Conservatives protest when alternative energy tax credits are proposed but never objected to the
    huge subsidies that other energy companies got.

Anyway time to turn in. Goodnight.
    Lloyd

If you make more, and you don't mind paying more...why don't you pay more...It is a known fact...Liberals are very good at giving away someone else's money.

You know as well as I do...our gov't is not capable of wiping there own ass...how can you expect them to become partners with the private sector.
    Damn Lloyd...Obamas car czar is a punk that has not even run a lemonade stand...and he is making decisions on how to run a multi-billion industry!

Got to call BS on the change in Govt philosophy toward alternative energy. Private capital did realize that we are on the cutting edge of energy technology...why...not the gov't...because the private sector in the US has always funded the bulk of technologic change in this country...for that matter...we develop almost everything in this country...then it moves to other countries...and it is funded by the private sector(free markets).

Banking fiasco...imho is not a free market meltdown...it is criminal intent...with criminal intent...anything is possible. Can't blame it on 1 party or the other...criminals are criminals! Many people blamed Bush and his cronies for lax regulation on Wall street etc...SEC, justice dept, IRS has the regulations...they just choose not to exercise them. Bush is gone...been gone for 6 months now...SEC hasn't done shit...justice dept hasn't done shit...Can i now blame Obama for the lax BS under his watch...I didn't think so...i remember now...his shit doen't stink!

Not opposed to tax credits at all. Oil etc has received them for years...I am opposed to TAX and KILL...Obama states $175(pipe dream) per year per family cost increase...Conservative group estimates upto 2K per family(not gonna to happen) Probably somewhere in the middle...you can afford it...I can afford...waht about all your voters under the poverty line...they cannot afford it...so guess what...we'll just give more handouts to cover it! What a system!

I frimly belive that moderate conservatives and liberals can co-exist and move this county forward...CRAMMING EVERY FAR LEFT IDEA down our throats is too much to swallow! JMHO

Addict
    07-09-2009, 10:08 AM #10
    Lloyd

If you make more, and you don't mind paying more...why don't you pay more...It is a known fact...Liberals are very good at giving away someone else's money.

You know as well as I do...our gov't is not capable of wiping there own ass...how can you expect them to become partners with the private sector.
    Damn Lloyd...Obamas car czar is a punk that has not even run a lemonade stand...and he is making decisions on how to run a multi-billion industry!

Got to call BS on the change in Govt philosophy toward alternative energy. Private capital did realize that we are on the cutting edge of energy technology...why...not the gov't...because the private sector in the US has always funded the bulk of technologic change in this country...for that matter...we develop almost everything in this country...then it moves to other countries...and it is funded by the private sector(free markets).

Banking fiasco...imho is not a free market meltdown...it is criminal intent...with criminal intent...anything is possible. Can't blame it on 1 party or the other...criminals are criminals! Many people blamed Bush and his cronies for lax regulation on Wall street etc...SEC, justice dept, IRS has the regulations...they just choose not to exercise them. Bush is gone...been gone for 6 months now...SEC hasn't done shit...justice dept hasn't done shit...Can i now blame Obama for the lax BS under his watch...I didn't think so...i remember now...his shit doen't stink!

Not opposed to tax credits at all. Oil etc has received them for years...I am opposed to TAX and KILL...Obama states $175(pipe dream) per year per family cost increase...Conservative group estimates upto 2K per family(not gonna to happen) Probably somewhere in the middle...you can afford it...I can afford...waht about all your voters under the poverty line...they cannot afford it...so guess what...we'll just give more handouts to cover it! What a system!

I frimly belive that moderate conservatives and liberals can co-exist and move this county forward...CRAMMING EVERY FAR LEFT IDEA down our throats is too much to swallow! JMHO

Well obviously we disagree on a lot of things! If you read the far left blogs
    they are not very happy with Obama's compromises on Health Car and Energy so to argue that his his policies are "FAR LEFT" is just plain wrong.
    To say its all "CRAMMING" is also completely off base. I quess you think
    its cramming when its Democratic legislation and its the normal politcal
    legislative process when its Republican? There was an election held in
    2008 and Obama won, and the Democrats got 60 Senators and a large majority in the House. The polls show a large majority of the electorate
    support Health Care with some kind of public component included and
    also support a new energy policy. Sure polls can be twisted in many directions by the questions asked but all that we know at this point suggests
    Obama's policies prescriptions enjoy good support.

Govt AND private enterprise are not capable of wiping their own asses at
    various times. Businesses are clamoring for health care legislation because
    the system is bankrupting them. The Auto industry is just one example.

Obviously we believe in different philosophies. Conservative Republicans WERE JUST AS GOOD (if not better) at giving away our money. Look at the Bush administration which had a Republican majority in the House and Senate for 6 years. We went from a balanced budget under Clinton to record deficits under Bush. You cant just spout talking points when you mention these things Sirius. You got to be a little more "ONESIDED"

Page 1 of 2 12