Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
    Mentor
    07-07-2009, 11:37 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    Ok. I bought SIRI at .12 remember ? Got out at 0.19, then got in at 0.21,got out at 0.35, got in at 0.32 got stopped when there was a weird trade about 4 weeks ago, got in at .35 got out yesterday @ 0.46... about a trade per month or so. As you can see I did not trade at 0.60 or 0.05, I tend to miss the tops and bottoms but most of the time I make more money than buy and hold.

So havin' said that, if you know the stock will go down to 0.35, why not sell right now and buy at 0.35 or at least below 0.42 ???

1.- YOU know the stock WILL NOT stampede to the stratosphere right now. So you will not miss anything.

2.- YOU will lose time NOT making money, in other words, you ride the waves, up and down instead of riding them only up or only down.

3.- AGAIN, you should get out right now. IF the damn issue does not go down more tomorrow, then it will the following day or maybe in 2 days or perhaps in one month, THEN you jump bak in. What is wrong with being in cash while waiting for the right signal.

MOST important: do not grow attached. They are supposed to make YOU money. If they are not making you money, dump them, or at least take advantage of them by riding them one way only.

SI.you have it all figured out,why are you still accumulating free shares then,you should be in the Cayman islands with all that free money your making on your system since 2008...in fact i can show you a hundred stocks that trade just like SXM with dips and pops,you should be retired by now if that (what's wrong with taking profits and sitting on cash now mentality works)but we all know just like in vegas,they'll get you a room and food if you bet like that(eventually you lose it all...)

Addict
    07-08-2009, 12:04 AM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    SI.you have it all figured out,why are you still accumulating free shares then,you should be in the Cayman islands with all that free money your making on your system since 2008...in fact i can show you a hundred stocks that trade just like SXM with dips and pops,you should be retired by now if that (what's wrong with taking profits and sitting on cash now mentality works)but we all know just like in vegas,they'll get you a room and food if you bet like that(eventually you lose it all...)
    What tells you I am not in the Cayman islands ??? Oh yeah, you think I still work for SLB right ? WRONG !! I just have not updated my profile.

Now, WTF is SXM ?

Successful trading is about managing trades once you are in them, regardless of where they came from. I think a great trader could probably turn a profit taking random trades, as long as he manages them well.

YOU have no idea what swing trading is, do ya ?
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 07-08-2009 at 12:06 AM.

Head Honcho
    07-08-2009, 12:25 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Wrong charles,the agreement is much better for SXM,because web radio still has to pay .08 a song OR 25% of revenue whichever is greater..Which means that services like slackdora will never be profitable enough to compete,as SXM pays 12% of gross revenue..Game over as competition,but they'll survive as free niche markets type music services for a while,until they start charging subs for it...
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am just reporting what I consider news. The news today is that slackdora will be paying less royalties then what was previously agreed upon. The Pandora CEO was confident in turning a considerable profit with the existing rates, now with the lower rates, they should be even more profitable.

Based on passed technological cycles I will never simply assume that anyone has "won" in terms of competition. They said that SATRAD couldnt compete with Terrestrial, facebook couldnt compete with myspace, and a guy namd Bill Gates said that 640K ought to be enough for anybody while talking about personal computers.

I could go on and on with examples. I am not saying that Sirius XM wont crush them some day but as of today there seems to be a niche that they are both actively fighting for.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    07-08-2009, 12:58 AM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am just reporting what I consider news. The news today is that slackdora will be paying less royalties then what was previously agreed upon. The Pandora CEO was confident in turning a considerable profit with the existing rates, now with the lower rates, they should be even more profitable.

Based on passed technological cycles I will never simply assume that anyone has "won" in terms of competition. They said that SATRAD couldnt compete with Terrestrial, facebook couldnt compete with myspace, and a guy namd Bill Gates said that 640K ought to be enough for anybody while talking about personal computers.

I could go on and on with examples. I am not saying that Sirius XM wont crush them some day but as of today there seems to be a niche that they are both actively fighting for.
    Yes, and todays news, although good vs. the alternatives, is a blow for Pandora. This will NOT increase there base. It might increase there revenue, but it definately wont increase how many users they get. This is the 2nd step towards not free. 1st was the premium packages they offer.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    07-08-2009, 01:21 AM #45
    Go away Siriusowner! You really only come around when you can bash the stock and the people trading it or holding it long. Some of our newer members may not know of the days when you first started posting here. You were a pathological liar then and you still are today! Stop living in fantasy land, bashing and trying to bring people down to make yourself feel better!

GO AWAY! Grab a tire and go float to the Cayman Islands...

Mentor
    07-08-2009, 01:50 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Go away Siriusowner! You really only come around when you can bash the stock and the people trading it or holding it long. Some of our newer members may not know of the days when you first started posting here. You were a pathological liar then and you still are today! Stop living in fantasy land, bashing and trying to bring people down to make yourself feel better!

GO AWAY! Grab a tire and go float to the Cayman Islands...
    I wasnt going to say anything, but Im glad you did. Ya, what this guy said.

Mentor
    07-08-2009, 06:23 AM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    So ? That does not break the trend or any other indicator.

Look at the chart. The strong white line @ 0.35 is major support.

Notice how the stock bounced off 0.42 feww days ago. This may provide a weak support. If it bounces off 0.42 then it becomes a stronger support.
    Hi -

Looked at your chart - are you using TOS? If so, do you like it? Is the web version pretty stable?

Thanks,

D

Guru
    07-08-2009, 07:57 AM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    We need much more stimulus money?Thank you Joe Biden! Let's see if we can blow through 8000 and back into the panic of a 7000 Dow. On the bright side, once Sirius gets back to the low 30's, will be yet another, and possibly the final great discount buying opportunity for long players. I think the market may be in for a very rough next few weeks.

Yea they have spent a whole 4% of the last one so far and now want another one, what bafoons. They knew full well that most of it was not going to get spent till 2010.

Guru
    07-08-2009, 07:59 AM #49
    well .39 printed in the pit, not a good sign.

Head Honcho
    07-08-2009, 01:44 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Yes, and todays news, although good vs. the alternatives, is a blow for Pandora. This will NOT increase there base. It might increase there revenue, but it definately wont increase how many users they get. This is the 2nd step towards not free. 1st was the premium packages they offer.
    I dont know what it will do to their base since new users probably wont realize the 40 hours limit... until they hit 40 hours in a month. What it seems is that people are going to have to start choosing a service and paying for it, whatever that choice may be, or going underground, or simply giving up the luxury. Since you dont think Sirius XM competes with Slackdora, is it your opinion that Sirius XM will never see any of those users?

Again, just to drive this point home...this is not "the 2nd step towards not free" because they have NEVER been free. You are one of the people that reminds us of all the "stupid ads" so, you of all people should know that these internet radio services have NEVER been free.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567