Page 1 of 7 123 ...
    Guru
    07-07-2009, 08:13 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Tuesday 07-07-09

Anyone find it interesting that Sirius Roadkill subscribes to Mercedes Benz Club of America magazine?

Is it a bearish trend like SO says? hopefully a hidden pattern

Yesterday was ugly...and really just a continuation of the weird siri trading days...

Lots of good ads out there, the espn.go page was plastered.

Any new products coming soon or is the iphone app this years new product?

how long will it take to see some action from the new tech guy they are trying to hire?

Few more days/weeks to turn on the new satellite..

Mentor
    07-07-2009, 08:46 AM #2
    Going to treat .44 like .34, and .42 like .32, see if that works for me. I think we hit at least .46 today, going by premarket, and where yesterday traded for most of the day. No new news. Not really much selling between .44 and .47. Problem is, theres not much buying either. MOst retailers may have shot their loads in the .30s waiting for a breakout, or already rebought in the .40s. New money from retailers is not coming in on enough volume, meaning this sucker moves when institutional buying picks up again. Or the MM's get impatient, with the CC looming. Should get a decent run up into the call, just dont know from what starting price, or if it can hold gains this time. I think the MSM article after the CC will read this..
    SiriusXM losses subs again: Is this the end of the road for satellite radio?
    With 2 consecutive quarters of negative sub growth, analysts are predicting SiriusXM could find themselves right back in BK talks sooner than you think.
    I can see it now. So I would get your sell finger ready that day(over core only of course). Just maybe not as much as last call, we will drop back(depending on how much SI really closed out, we will know on 7/10). But that doesnt mean new shorts can open, so as with all information, take it with a grain of salt.

Guru
    07-07-2009, 09:26 AM #3
    Howdy folks. Market opens in ~10 minutes, and there are only two posts! We are indeed in the lazy hazy days of summer - so is the market, and I suppose so is SIRI.

TOS (the other site) "reports" that sub growth will be positive AND HS will re-sign with SIRI. Hmmmm, sounds like wishful thinking to me, but if true, it could help take us out of the summer doldrums.

Pre market looks pretty good, but after the last two sessions, we know it's the closing bell that matters. Personally, I'd be satisfied with strong support at 43 or 44.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Enthusiast
    07-07-2009, 09:52 AM #4
    .427? Guess I won't be quittin' my day job for another day again. I'm crawlin' back into the sack...have a good day all.

Guru
    07-07-2009, 10:25 AM #5
    In the red already. Ugh. Crawling back to bed sounds like a great idea.

Mentor
    07-07-2009, 10:32 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Anyone find it interesting that Sirius Roadkill subscribes to Mercedes Benz Club of America magazine?..
    . . . more importantly Romo . . . I am a club member in good standing (which is the only way to get the mag) . . . lol

07-07-2009, 10:41 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    think the MSM article after the CC will read this..
    SiriusXM losses subs again: Is this the end of the road for satellite radio?
    With 2 consecutive quarters of negative sub growth, analysts are predicting SiriusXM could find themselves right back in BK talks sooner than you think.
    I can see it now. So I would get your sell finger ready that day(over core only of course). Just maybe not as much as last call, we will drop back(depending on how much SI really closed out, we will know on 7/10). But that doesnt mean new shorts can open, so as with all information, take it with a grain of salt.

I believe you may be correct. However, expect Mel & Co. to completely play down the negative in a way not typical of past reports. I believe from tis point forward, raising the level of the sp has finally become a priority.

Mentor
    07-07-2009, 10:47 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    SRK. Dammit. So I have to ask Charles to help with a picture. You just do back to back and kick my sorry ass.

By the way you picked it up quite a bit and now sit at 91 to my 92, soon to be 93 in the quest for senior membership status. Now stop it! Your killing me. WTF, did you attend some damn communication seminar this weekend at the beach with a minor in computer technology?????????????? 93 amigo.
    got sand all over the keyboard too . . . local high school kid ran 1:48 in the 800 last week . . I think I've pulled ahead with this post . . .

07-07-2009, 10:58 AM #9
    Good morning everybody,

This is getting too painfull to watch. All the good news within the
    last couple of weeks and we are down. I need to just check this weekly instead of 10 times a day. Nah.... I must enjoy the pain.

A side note Howard is still on vaca? How many weeks does he get?
    My three weeks pale in comparison, lol I need his attorney.

Hope your day is a good one,

Julie

Guru
    07-07-2009, 11:11 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning everybody,

This is getting too painfull to watch. All the good news within the
    last couple of weeks and we are down. I need to just check this weekly instead of 10 times a day. Nah.... I must enjoy the pain.

A side note Howard is still on vaca? How many weeks does he get?
    My three weeks pale in comparison, lol I need his attorney.

Hope your day is a good one,

Julie
    Julie - you make me laugh. I think we all enjoy the pain.

On Howard - you bet ya - He's on vacation. His deal? $100,000,000 per year, 10 weeks of vacation and Friday's off. I've tried to hit on the importance of this in prior posts. I honestly don't believe SIRI can better this deal which makes for an interesting scenario as Howard most certainly wants more. He likens himself as the face of SIRI - the reason for its existance. What he may not comprehend that this company has not turned one cent of profit - EVER. You want to be the face of that? What he may also not realize is that many of his listeners are stockholders - like me, which puts me in a love / hate situation with him.

Getting him on board for several more years will bode well for stockholders. It will certainly be interesting.

Page 1 of 7 123 ...